quick question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
how do you pronounce "either"?

a) eye-ther

b) ee-ther

that's all. as soon as you answer you may leave, you won't be wanted/needed any longer. lets make this as quick as possible.

I've never used the word out loud in actual conversation - only in prose, like here in this thread - so, I am afraid that I CANNOT ANSWER YOUR QUESTION.

eether.

zoomers, please do some research into other annoying words like often (off-ten, or offen), schedule (shed-yule, or skedyule) and some others when I think of them.

thanks.

FYI i say Offen and Skedyule. I'm right like that, ok?

OH! Appreciate. is it: apprece-iate or appresh-iate? I reeally hate apprecie-ate. It's a Shhh sound. someone tell my sister-inlaw. thanks.

eether this or that: make your choice!

I don't know where he came from eyether!

I dunno... it's kind of fluid. Both would work in either case. I said eyether there, lol.

depends on where you're from
eyether is british, eether is irish/american english...

I use both since I"m not native english, it depends ont he person I'm speaking to..

ether.jpg

depends on where you're from
eyether is british, eether is irish/american english...

I use both since I"m not native english, it depends ont he person I'm speaking to..

i don't believe that to be entirely true, to be honest. i do believe eyether is more prevelant in britain than america, but i also believe the history of that word would show that its changed back and forth over time in terms of pronunciation.

if you're interested in this, i can post the article where i got it from.

i don't believe that to be entirely true, to be honest. i do believe eyether is more prevelant in britain than america, but i also believe the history of that word would show that its changed back and forth over time in terms of pronunciation.

if you're interested in this, i can post the article where i got it from.

Please do post! I'm a nerd for language stuff!

Back
Top Bottom