question re: those who no longer have wisdom teeth - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2011, 01:29 PM   #121
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:38 AM
My wisdom teeth still haven't come in all the way so the dentists are still observing what will happen, seems I might have a big enough mouth for them to fit .

Old 01-18-2011, 03:36 PM   #122
Blue Crack Supplier

my top 2 never came in (they didn't fit), and the bottom 2 never were going to come in because they were lying completely horizontal under my gums. they all got pulled (the bottom ones being the ones the oral surgeon had to cut into 3 pieces before they could get the damn things out through the incision sites). this was 10 years ago and it still ranks as one of the single most unpleasant experiences i've had.

i got percocet, but despite all the warnings about narcotics making a person sleepy/unable to operate machinery, shit made me wired and i vaguely remember mowing the lawn really fast. but hey, i can drink an extra large dunkin donuts coffee and take a nap. much to my mother's dismay, i was also one of those kids benadryl had paradoxical side effects on and it never knocked me out (which takes all the fun out of any otc "PM" painkillers, let me tell you).

Old 01-18-2011, 04:22 PM   #123
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:38 AM
I just met someone who had to get their fake tooth replaced with another fake tooth, which makes me slightly concerned about my own fake tooth's future prospects.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:18 AM   #124
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
I just met someone who had to get their fake tooth replaced with another fake tooth, which makes me slightly concerned about my own fake tooth's future prospects.
how did you meet my dad?

no for real though, some people just have that happen. do you have gum problems as well or was it just the tooth?
Old 01-19-2011, 09:45 AM   #125
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 07:38 AM
no Khanda, had to have slight as Im underweight at mo. therefore, it knocked off my nerves, but I could still feel that intense pain. LOL
Old 01-19-2011, 10:22 AM   #126
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

oh god, how unpleasant! i had a tooth filled once when i wasn't really numb and that was bad enough.

hmm, that definitely sounds like it might be a dry socket: Alveolar osteitis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

glad to hear though you're not sore or anything now!
Old 01-19-2011, 10:41 AM   #127
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 07:38 AM
but if it was surely Id be in pain?

this creamy type shit in and on my gum, its def not in the hole area.

the prob is, I just read that you musnt use a straw.

When I came home, I think I tackled food that night but drank through a straw, and dont think it said not to on the sheet given about taking care of it.

fuk

I just dont know, if, food in there, that has not washed out prob is causing this bacteria type smell or as you say, but ............

surely to fuk, before my tooth removal the guy woulda sent me off with antibios or something if he saw it and knew what it was?????

been a week, swellin was down by Sunday really. but, well unless I experiment by prodding in round, I am not in any sort of pain at all.

is it a natural odour thing too thou, while healing.......hmmmm
Old 01-19-2011, 11:38 AM   #128
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:38 PM
Quote:
I smacked my mouth on cement once and broke one of my front teeth in half. I was little kid (but the tooth was permanent) so they just did a quick fix, because I refused to get any shots in my mouth. Then, a few years later, I fell playing some game (I think it was soccer) and it knocked the replacement off, I was older at that point, and probably should've gotten a permanent replacement at that time, but I was still a pansy about getting a shot in my mouth, so they did the quick fix again. It was only supposed to last four years, but it's been about 11. I have no idea how long it's going to stay on there, but I am not looking forward to it coming out again and me finally having to get a permanent (what would that even be called? It can't be a filling because it's on my front tooth) cap?
Old 01-19-2011, 11:47 AM   #129
Blue Crack Supplier

yeah, i'd like to keep my fake tooth as much as i'd like to keep my real teeth as well. well, crown. that was friggin expensive and up there with the wisdom teeth removal as one of the most miserable things ever.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:58 AM   #130
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
how did you meet my dad?

no for real though, some people just have that happen. do you have gum problems as well or was it just the tooth?
My father's in the same boat, too. He had an incident similar to Ashley's, though.

I was badly ill as a young child which apparently damaged the tooth. It grew in basically already dead. Some of my baby teeth were discolored from being ill as well. I don't know why that illness affected my teeth so much, but there you go.

I also have a front tooth that grew in chipped, though not bad enough to justify a replacement (yet).

In total, I believe I've had nine tooth removals.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:49 PM   #131
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

My Dad's two front teeth are porcelain. He knocked them out when he was in 4th grade
Old 01-19-2011, 11:39 PM   #132
She's the One

Ok, you guys. I still have all my wisdom teeth and suddenly, starting yesterday, my left top jaw started to ache. It doesn't hurt when I poke it, only when I chew and open my mouth.

Is this the damn wisdom tooth starting to give me shit? Will I be using some sick days?

Oh, and I'm sitting here reading this with an ice pack on it.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:18 AM   #133
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
My father's in the same boat, too. He had an incident similar to Ashley's, though.

I was badly ill as a young child which apparently damaged the tooth. It grew in basically already dead. Some of my baby teeth were discolored from being ill as well. I don't know why that illness affected my teeth so much, but there you go.

I also have a front tooth that grew in chipped, though not bad enough to justify a replacement (yet).

In total, I believe I've had nine tooth removals.
yeah, i hear you. luckily all i have is a tooth that's just slightly discoloured because of some childhood illness. i think a fever can do that? not sure.

this thread makes me so glad i've not had any major problems with my teeth. when i was young some dentist wanted to put me in braces for my bottom teeth (they were still baby teeth, wtf - besides, they're now pretty straight) and i had a ton of baby teeth pulled over the years because my permanent teeth liked to grow in but the baby teeth wouldn't budge. but no crowns or replacement teeth or anything.

my dad's had god knows how many teeth removed. he had several teeth pulled and then had to get the replacements removed too, and with all his gum and tooth problems his dentist finally suggested he just get them all removed and go with full dentures. though even now his gums are still giving him problems, but that's for another thread. what's nifty though is i seem to have inherited his gum issues, though thankfully mine shouldn't ever be as bad as his as i don't smoke and also don't eat hard candy as often as he does which made his teeth worse.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:22 AM   #134
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
Ok, you guys. I still have all my wisdom teeth and suddenly, starting yesterday, my left top jaw started to ache. It doesn't hurt when I poke it, only when I chew and open my mouth.

Is this the damn wisdom tooth starting to give me shit? Will I be using some sick days?

Oh, and I'm sitting here reading this with an ice pack on it.
oh yikes. if you do need it to get removed it probably won't be a huge deal. i personally had no issues with my removal, i wasn't working at the time and was on school break so i didn't need to take any time off. though if i had i really would've just needed the day of and the next day (even then it was only because my jaw was kinda sore).

this probably isn't what you wanted to hear but that's how it started with me, only having pain when chewing. it would also later hurt (i assume as it started to come in more) when i'd move my mouth a certain way which i stupidly did all the time because i knew it'd hurt.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:30 AM   #135
Blue Crack Distributor

The pulling of my wisdom teeth was preceded by 2 days of massive headaches and tooth aches. Two teeth were already impacted, poking out of the gum line and shit.

Oral (hehe) surgeon stuck a rather large fucking needle into the roof of my mouth to numb my toofesus and then cranked those suckers out. Didn't need to knock me out. About half an hour later I drove home.

Pain was very low after... which meant that I had all these vic's left over... whatever to do...

Only real issue I had was bleeding for the first two days... but the salt water rinses took care of that nicely.

I think the more pain you're in before hand, the less pain you're in after, and vice versa.