question re: those who no longer have wisdom teeth - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2008, 11:00 AM   #46
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:50 PM
I had no choice. The oral surgeon told me that I had to have all four removed. They were impacted.

Old 11-20-2008, 03:27 PM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

mine are impacted too but they aren't bothering me and never have. I was told that I needed all four removed but you know it's ultimately my choice if I want them taken out or not.

Old 11-23-2008, 04:23 PM   #48
ONE
love, blood, life

Zoomerang hasn't been around in a while. I guess maybe he DID contract the rage virus, but didn't realise because he thought it was just part of the whole wisdom teeth ordeal. He's probably out there maiming people right now.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:27 PM   #49
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 09:50 PM
My jaw ache is gone! I won't have to go to the dentist!
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:32 PM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:50 PM
I only had the top two. Got em removed. Was awake for it. Bleeding stopped within 4 hours. Pain stopped within 24 hours.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:36 PM   #51
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonGirl View Post
Zoomerang hasn't been around in a while. I guess maybe he DID contract the rage virus, but didn't realise because he thought it was just part of the whole wisdom teeth ordeal. He's probably out there maiming people right now.
i'm still bleeding a little bit as of... an hour or two ago. it's been a hellish experience.
however, was back at the dentist yesterday and he said everything looked fine and even though i see blood in my spit it's not really bleeding... just very small traces which make it look worse than it really is. so i take some heart from that.

but yes, i've got the rage virus and i've been busy infecting everyone in sight... from my bed.

wow.

i could just have easily been talking about VD's there.

cool beans.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:38 PM   #52
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
My jaw ache is gone! I won't have to go to the dentist!
well, i'm happy for you... seriously. but, if it really was your wisdom teeth, don't worry... you'll be hearing from them again in due time.

not trying to be negative, but i felt the same way in february. they hurt like crazy, then suddenly stopped... then it came back, and started causing troubles.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:15 PM   #53
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomerang96 View Post
i'm still bleeding a little bit as of... an hour or two ago. it's been a hellish experience.
however, was back at the dentist yesterday and he said everything looked fine and even though i see blood in my spit it's not really bleeding... just very small traces which make it look worse than it really is. so i take some heart from that.

but yes, i've got the rage virus and i've been busy infecting everyone in sight... from my bed.

wow.

i could just have easily been talking about VD's there.

cool beans.
Holy shit, you've had it rough. then. Hope you're feeling better soon. You should be.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:08 PM   #54
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

I had 4 wisdom teeth removed when I was 19 and it was not a bad experience. I had pain meds but took them only a couple days. I mostly slept and ate soft foods like yogurt, baby food, applesauce, pudding, jello etc for several days. The swelling was the worst I think, I looked like a chipmunk!

I just had 2 teeth extracted at the dentist's office a few weeks ago and it was not a bad experience at all. The pain the 2 broken teeth gave me prior to the antibiotics and the extraction was the worst of it. I only took two Ibuprofen800's and ate soft foods for about a week, no swelling.

Some people live forever with their wisdom teeth. I don't get why we have them and why some of us have to have them removed and others don't.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:51 AM   #55
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomerang96 View Post
well, i'm happy for you... seriously. but, if it really was your wisdom teeth, don't worry... you'll be hearing from them again in due time.

not trying to be negative, but i felt the same way in february. they hurt like crazy, then suddenly stopped... then it came back, and started causing troubles.
Yea I'm already preparing for the worst. But january I'll have to go to the dentist again anyway for checkup so I'll ask him about it.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 04:33 AM   #56
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

My grandfather had wisdom teeth removed and then more grew back. Same thing happened with his tonsils. That's too weird and I'd not want to go thru the tonsillectomy more than once or the oral surgery for that matter!
Old 11-24-2008, 04:35 PM   #57
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carek1230 View Post
My grandfather had wisdom teeth removed and then more grew back.
that honestly has to be the single most horrifying thing i've read in years. i'm not kidding.

you and i better not be related.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:01 PM   #58
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post

They knocked me out completely for it. I remember getting the shot, and then the next thing I knew, he was pulling off his gloves and saying "okay, you're all done." That is wild - the first time I'd been under anesthesia.

I remember lots of cotton in my mouth and drooling a lot, but I don't recall being in excrutiating pain. I'm sure I had some pain meds, but I don't remember it being that bad.

... which maybe means that it was so horrible, I blocked it out.
Yeah, that anesthesia was weird. I also remember getting the shot, a bad taste in my mouth . . . the next thing I know, I was waking up in the recovery room. My sister said she saw me walking (with some assistance) back there, but I don't remember it.

I didn't really have much pain either, just being surprised that it didn't stop bleeding until much later, even with the gauze and the stitches. So it was more gross than painful.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:07 PM   #59
Blue Crack Addict

Getting mine out this summer was one of the worst things I've experienced. Pain for a solid week. Bleeding for a good 4 days. Liquid diet for 5 days. Plus, I missed a week of work in an already sorry summer financially. Bleh.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:37 AM   #60
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by the tourist View Post
I only had the top two. Got em removed. Was awake for it. Bleeding stopped within 4 hours. Pain stopped within 24 hours.
Show off