question re: those who no longer have wisdom teeth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got mine out 5 or 6 years ago during spring break...woooo. I got all mine taken out. I got a shot in the arm and I was out. I woke up on a couch in a recovery room where my mom was reading a book, waiting for me to wake up. I remember drooling because my bottom lip was still numbed out :reject: I shouldn't have taken the codeine they prescribed though :barf:, totally upset my stomach. there wasn't a lot of pain, but I do remember some bleeding and having to go get the stiches removed.

Thank you :hug:

Chose IV sedation so that helps me to stay calm about all of it. Plus that along with the relief of not facing future problems resulting from not having the teeth removed. A bonus is that this will stop me from indulging in too many Christmas treats :wink:

I had 5 wisdom teeth taken out. I must be super special to have had a bonus tooth. :D

I found the experience rather enjoyable. But, I was on some serious drugs and didn't have any complications. My sympathies for those of you who weren't so lucky. :(

I had 5 wisdom teeth taken out. I must be super special to have had a bonus tooth. :D

I found the experience rather enjoyable. But, I was on some serious drugs and didn't have any complications. My sympathies for those of you who weren't so lucky. :(

My sis had 6!!! :huh:

I had mine out this morning with no complications at all. Didn't even bother me when I heard the surgeon using the drill to break my bottom teeth to get them out. IV sedation rocks :drool:

Oddly I am able to talk too without any problem and am not having pain just experiencing a headache. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything continues on this way when I wake up tomorrow. Soooooooooo happy it's all over! :happy:

od

I had mine out this morning with no complications at all. Didn't even bother me when I heard the surgeon using the drill to break my bottom teeth to get them out. IV sedation rocks :drool:

Oddly I am able to talk too without any problem and am not having pain just experiencing a headache. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything continues on this way when I wake up tomorrow. Soooooooooo happy it's all over! :happy:

od

Oh, I didn't know that you get yours out today; I hope I didn't frighten you with my sister's story LOL!!! :uhoh:

That's some freaky shit yo!

My grandfather had wisdom teeth removed and then more grew back.

Uhhh........does your grandfather look anything like this:

shark_week.jpg

?

My grandfather had wisdom teeth removed and then more grew back.

I'm pretty sure that's physically impossible. However, it is possible to have more than four wisdom teeth. Paramolars occasionally occur, and they can grow in behind removed wisdom teeth.

But the teeth don't "grow back", per se.

that shark looks kinda like Bono in your Av :giggle:

Omg, you're right! :lol:

So when U2 jumped the shark.....:hmm:

*ETA: They even have complimentary head tilts! And blue bkgds......methinks they need to be photoshopped into singing a duet together!
Any takers? :flirt:

I'm pretty sure that's physically impossible. However, it is possible to have more than four wisdom teeth. Paramolars occasionally occur, and they can grow in behind removed wisdom teeth.

But the teeth don't "grow back", per se.

Hmm....teeth growing in behind removed teeth....that sounds a lot like.....

shark_week.jpg

SHARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My grandpa, what sharp teeth you have.
All the better to eat souls with my dear.

So, I'm bumping this mostly because I didn't want to start a new thread when I knew such a good one already existed, but I got the bad news this morning...

They're ALL impacted :yikes:.

But, he told me that they will put me under for it, so...win. I'm a chicken when it comes to anything involving the dentist, so this was good news.

Anyways, now all I have to do is go in for a consultation and set The Date. Finding out that I had all four of them really helped explain a lot about my teeth as well, the bottom row is pretty jammed in together, and it never occurred to me that it was the wisdom teeth doing it. The dentist said once they're pulled, there are ways to fix this problem, so I'm happy to hear that :).

I'm always impressed by anyone wanting to get all 4 removed at once. By "impressed" I mean "are you out of your freaking mind????!!!!!" :ohmy: Get'em done on a "as needs" basis, then you got one side free to chew your food with!

I had 3, got one done 20 years ago when it started causing problems, then had the 2nd done about 5 years ago. The third is just sitting there... And the valium the oral surgeon gave me before the first extraction was way cool... :hyper: Though maybe that smilie is just a tad too active, in this context...

i'm so glad i got them all done at once. though i can understand the mentality of getting them done as needed. i just liked being able to only go through it once, so i was only on a liquid diet for a few days instead of a couple days one time, then another couple days a few years later, etc. i think three of my teeth were impacted (i remember two for sure were, i can't remember the third one. the fourth one i just did because why not).

the best example i can think of is my foot surgeries. i only really needed to get one foot done; my doctor didn't think the other was as much of a priority but totally understood my wanting to do both. it's a good thing i did, as while i was out on leave recuperating, i found out they were closing our department. i didn't even work at the next place long enough to take medical leave, and it probably would've been denied as a preexisting condition.

Had all four of mine out about... 25 years ago. They weren't impacted, but I guess at the time it was a good idea to get them all done at once. Of course I was knocked out and had no problems. Just make sure you have a waterpik or something like that to keep the holes clear of food & debris. Don't want that stuff in your gums & causing trouble :yikes:

I had all 4 removed 7 years ago and they were all impacted. I got put under as well. The pain wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

I still have mine. Like bono_212 my bottom row teeth are kind of smashed together. But they dont bother me so I wouldnt get them removed unless I really had to. I need to go get a deep cleaning and probably a filling or two here in the immediate future. No insurance and I had a bad experience with the last deep cleaning years ago (so much pain) so I've been putting it off. Meh dentists. :sad:

I still have mine. Like bono_212 my bottom row teeth are kind of smashed together. But they dont bother me so I wouldnt get them removed unless I really had to. I need to go get a deep cleaning and probably a filling or two here in the immediate future. No insurance and I had a bad experience with the last deep cleaning years ago (so much pain) so I've been putting it off. Meh dentists. :sad:

Awwww :( :hug: I had bad experiences with some dentists in the past with cleanings. When I moved I lucked out though and found a great dentist. Finding someone that you feel comfortable with makes a world of difference.

As for wisdom teeth my thought was just go in there and remove all 4 at once. The bottom two were impacted and partially erupted. Most pain I had was just when the medicine wore off after the surgery was over. Once I took a pain pill I was good to go. My oral surgeon got a big surprise when he saw I had no swelling or bruising lol.

Ah yeah, I forgot you yanks have issues with healthcare costs. Dental care here isn't usually covered by Medicare but I paid to go private and it cost me a couple of hundred I think each time, but I did have my extractions done under a local anaesthetic in the chair. The second tooth I was in and out of the surgery in 10 minutes, one yank and it was gone. :ohmy: No stitches or anything!!

My next dentist visit will probably be somewhere in the $1500 range. Yeah, fml.

Back
Top Bottom