Question for all of you foreigners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since when is it an American holiday? :huh: New Year's has been celebrated in Europe and Asia WAY before America was even discovered. Where do you think Fireworks originate from? From China, to scare away the evil spirits on new year's.

And Christmas isn't American either. It's a Christian holiday, though the Tree is a European thing from the Germanics who used those to keep the spirits happy and get a little light in.

And for whoever celebrates it, I assume they all celebrate in their own timezone. I know I do.

Since when is it an American holiday? :huh: New Year's has been celebrated in Europe and Asia WAY before America was even discovered. Where do you think Fireworks originate from? From China, to scare away the evil spirits on new year's.

And Christmas isn't American either. It's a Christian holiday, though the Tree is a European thing from the Germanics who used those to keep the spirits happy and get a little light in.

And for whoever celebrates it, I assume they all celebrate in their own timezone. I know I do.

Don't you know that George Washington invented time? :tsk:

Wait... of course you don't, foreigner. :wink:

That's the problem with Europeans - they think they started everything. But just remember, you may have invented boats, kings and the pyramids, but you also created the nuclear bomb. Don't be so smug.

Uh Europeans haven't invented pyramids. Egypt is part of Africa.

And actually the nuclear bomb was made in America.:wink: By a bunch of German physicists ofcourse, which is a good thing because I don't want to imagine what would've happened had they still been in Germany!

:tsk: Always America first eh?

OH and I forgot to mention, I celebrate New Year's at GMT +1. :wink: The timezone the rest of the world uses.

Wait a moment.

:grumpy:

You know that we here in Europe get the new year hear FIRST, don't you?

And you have to wait for another couple of hours.

And if you don't behave, you won't get it at all. Because we won't pass it on.
So don't be pretentious. :madspit:

Watch it last unicorn. If it wasn't for Abraham Lincoln (an american president in the early 1900s) and his bravery in the civil war, you foreigners would still be slaves! And then we rescued again in WW1. If it weren't for us, you'd still be under the thumb of King Hitler.

i like the cut of dalton's jib.

was hoping some people would take offence to something in this thread and be as mad as a dickless dog, but maybe that's still to come.

only on the east coast, dude. don't forget the banana republic (and those other places in the middle everyone forgets).

plus new zealand is two hours further ahead. so yeah. snap.

It's 11.24 am now. I know you don't care, but it's the only thing keeping me going... :sad:

i like the cut of dalton's jib.

was hoping some people would take offence to something in this thread and be as mad as a dickless dog, but maybe that's still to come.

He's been around for far too long for that. Unless it's a newbie falling for it ofcourse.

I was honestly trying to come off like that in my first post, alas I failed again. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom