Products that work/don't work.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Night & Day

Rock n' Roll Doggie, Band-aid
I don't know if this has been done, or even if I am in the right place.
But I thought it would be cool if people could share any experiences with a product, of any kind that lived up to it's promise.

I have a few I'd like to share.

Strivectin skin care system:
Pretty expensive...$100.00 for 3 tubes of cream that work together on different areas of the face.
It's pricey, but really has worked and in less time than it claims, and it can last up to 4 months.
I noticed a difference in the fine lines in two weeks.

Secret Clinical strength Deordorant/antiperspirant.
It cost about $7.00, but if you sweat a lot because of your job, it is perfect.
You have to put it on at night for the maximum benefit.
The Cucumber scent smells really good too.

So does anyone have a recommendation for anything?

Also, feel free to post any bad experiences with a product if you like.

I'm a total beauty products junkie, lol. I have like a mile-long list of stuff that works and stuff that doesn't deliver.

e.g: Lancome` Bifacils eye makeup remover = :drool:

vs Clinique makeup remover = :down:

Random products I love, use on a near daily basis, can't imagine life without (sad I know)...

* Bissel SpotBot - carpet cleaner
* Dyson DC14 Animal - vacuum cleaner
* Weslo Momentum 745 - home elliptical trainer
* Raynoc DCR 150 - snap-on adapter for macro photography
* Precision Pet Suitecase crate - truly portable, collapsible dog crate with strong wire gauge and three point door lock for those dogs that are smarter than they should be
* Garbage disposals in general!

Can we maybe stop littering perfectly good threads with crude pics?
Not everyone would like to see that, especially at that size. Thanks.

So does anyone have a recommendation for anything?

Also, feel free to post any bad experiences with a product if you like.

"Chalet" brand batteries, here in Canada...I've bought them on occasion at the dollar store when I'm camping or in a pinch. They are dreadfully weak.

As for things that work: Aim toothpaste. I really like it.

Secret Clinical strength Deordorant/antiperspirant.
It cost about $7.00, but if you sweat a lot because of your job, it is perfect.
You have to put it on at night for the maximum benefit.
The Cucumber scent smells really good too.

We got a bunch of samples of this from the drycleaner and I was skeptical but now I won't use anything else. It more than lived up to the hype :up:

This isn't exactly what you meant by this thread, but I'm going to throw in something that worked for me.

A scale.

If you are looking to lose weight, buy a good scale and check it every day.

For success though you can't just step on it. You do have to watch what you eat and exercise. But seeing your weight go down...or up...is a big motivator.

This isn't exactly what you meant by this thread, but I'm going to throw in something that worked for me.

A scale.

If you are looking to lose weight, buy a good scale and check it every day.

For success though you can't just step on it. You do have to watch what you eat and exercise. But seeing your weight go down...or up...is a big motivator.

I would not, however, recommend our particular scale. Sometimes I get on and it says something like "102.0" and I just snort HA and kick at it for a while.

I actually don't really like looking at a scale on a daily basis because it's not accurate and the fluctuations can make you go crazy. But once a week :up:.

MAC eyeshadow DOES stay on your lid for a good long time.

cheap foundations DO NOT help make your skintone look even and flawless.

American organic shampoo and conditioner (certain type) that are a widdly bit more expensive, DO work.

cheap f-ing 2.99 bottles of shampoo or conditioner, ANY of them, DO NOT work.

what else now, ..

Women DO work

Men DO NOT work.

:D:wink:

EasyOff Bam (however you spell it) in the purple bottle with the pink trim is such utter crap. What a load of shit it is. It doesn't even spray on well, it stinks like gnat piss and is a creepy weird pink colour.

Bam and the dirt is still there. Bam and you just wasted some money. Bam and the guy on the ad can fuck off sideways.
:up:

I love Biofreeze. If I could be an inanimate-object polygamist, I'd marry it, in addition to Nutella. The cool gel is really soothing on my neck at the end of the day, or after a long period of reading, but you can use it just about anywhere. Arnica is also pretty bad ass.

Oreck vacuums
Green Works, a new more environmentally friendly cleaning spray from Clorox
Essentials laundry detergent by Arm and Hammer
No skin care is a miracle but Boots from England works for me
Biolage hair products
Mitchum for women deodorant
Smashbox cosmetics-only eyeshadow I've ever found that doesn't crease

I love Biofreeze. If I could be an inanimate-object polygamist, I'd marry it, in addition to Nutella. The cool gel is really soothing on my neck at the end of the day, or after a long period of reading, but you can use it just about anywhere. Arnica is also pretty bad ass.

Bio Freeze :love:

I use it in some of my massages, it's scent dissapears quickly and the relief lasts for hours.
Equally wonderful is Ortho-Gesic.

I used a Clorox pen once and it worked. I spilled hot chocolate on the sleeve of a white hoodie. Mother in law drew on the Clorox pen and the brown stain disappeared.

EasyOff Bam (however you spell it) in the purple bottle with the pink trim is such utter crap. What a load of shit it is. It doesn't even spray on well, it stinks like gnat piss and is a creepy weird pink colour

That sounds just like Cillit Bang.....Cillit Bang? :crack:
Wonder if it's the same stuff.

I love the Soap and Glory range. The flake away body spa polish is immense. All their stuff smells amazing too :drool: I don't know anywhere else to get it other than Boots so I bought a whole stash of their stuff before moving away and I'll be stocking up again at Christmas. :drool:

EasyOff Bam (however you spell it) in the purple bottle with the pink trim is such utter crap. What a load of shit it is. It doesn't even spray on well, it stinks like gnat piss and is a creepy weird pink colour.

Bam and the dirt is still there. Bam and you just wasted some money. Bam and the guy on the ad can fuck off sideways.

:lmao: win :D

I used a Clorox pen once and it worked. I spilled hot chocolate on the sleeve of a white hoodie. Mother in law drew on the Clorox pen and the brown stain disappeared.

Really? That thing has NEVER worked for me :(

Or maybe 'cream'...

I can finally give a :up: to a product I am taking for my joints.
I have been using it now for about 3 weeks.
It's called 'Joint Advantage Gold', and it was formulated by Dr. David Williams.
I am not as stiff when I wake and actually took a walk around the entire block with Sebastian without any pain.
I was waiting for it, but I so very happily enjoyed my walk with him without wincing and having to lean on him!
:yippie:

If anyone is interested PM me and I will give you buying info.

This is one that truly works;

eraser_product.jpg

Back
Top Bottom