Post Your Scenic Photos 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks. I've been slacking on taking pictures lately. Got a few good ones yesterday with the sunset and quick moving shower.

Life in Minnesota....my backyard today :| I'm not happy about this little snowfall so early in the season. :sad: It should be gone by tomorrow, I hope!

9 am
20091012_1940.jpg

20091012_1939.jpg

2 pm
20091012_1942.jpg

When I went to Ireland this past summer, I took over 700 pictures. It was difficult to pare that down to about 125 to post and print. I posted some of my favorites on another thread here. While it is pretty lame to quote myself, this is the easiest way to put them here.

A few of my favorite pictures from the trip to Ireland last summer (nine members of my family went--it was a blast!).

Bunratty Castle (Our flight landed in Shannon at 5:45 a.m. We discovered that nothing in Ireland opens before noon on Sunday.)

062809BunrattyCastle1.jpg

The ruins of Cong Abbey

062909CongAbbeyGate.jpg

062909CongAbbeyCloisters.jpg

Forest gate at Cong Abbey fisherman's cottage

062909CongAbbeyMonksForestGate.jpg

Part 3

Slea Head, Dingle Peninsula

070109SleaHeadCliffs.jpg

My nephew Raleigh surprised us by bringing (and actually wearing!) the kilt that he wears when performing with the "fantasy metal" band he's in, Lorengard.

070109DinglePeninsula-WildColonialB.jpg

The Seven Sisters, Slea Head, Dingle Peninsula

070109SleaHeadSevenSisters.jpg

Atlantic Ocean, Slea Head (No Line on the Horizon)

070109SleaHeadHorizon.jpg

When I went to Ireland this past summer, I took over 700 pictures. It was difficult to pare that down to about 125 to post and print. I posted some of my favorites on another thread here. While it is pretty lame to quote myself, this is the easiest way to put them here.

Wow! Those makes me want to go!

(It also makes me want to put a Winter Solstice room in my house. COOL!)

Mark

Thanks, y'all. I loved the whole trip and would do it all again, just the same. It was a guided bus tour put together by a local travel agent for our local Irish pub, advertised as a "pub tour." So we didn't have to drive or know our way around, just get on the bus and ride. We'd stop at places, and Paddy Martin, our driver and tour guide, would say something like, "Be back at the bus at two-turdy." (Irish for 2:30. heart:) Flew from Chicago to Shannon, two nights in Galway, two nights in Killarney, two nights in Kinsale, and two nights in Dublin. We Barretts opted out of the city tour of Dublin and arranged our own transportation to Knowth and Newgrange to the 5000-year-old burial mounds.

Go for the solstice room!

Here are some pics from Cavan, Ireland, in a forest park called Dun na Ri, been coming here since I was small, it's so gorgeous.

Treetops.jpg

Silence.jpg

And these two are from Glendalough, in Wicklow. Just as beautiful, I think.

S6000759.jpg

S6000758.jpg

That lake is amazing, but sooo freezing all the time. It's impossible to get in unfortunately. My dog loves it though. :lol:

S6000756.jpg

xx

Surprisingly none of these ones are in Ireland :D

These two are in Sorrento, Italy, we were there in May this year

S6000981-Copy.jpg

S6000885-Copy.jpg

And this one is in Tenerife, off Spain. Well...nearer to Africa, but it's a Spanish Island.

S6000544-Copy.jpg

xx

Flew from Chicago to Shannon, two nights in Galway, two nights in Killarney, two nights in Kinsale, and two nights in Dublin. We Barretts opted out of the city tour of Dublin and arranged our own transportation to Knowth and Newgrange to the 5000-year-old burial mounds.

Go for the solstice room!

Kinsale and Killarney are gorgeous!! Used to go to Killarney every summer :D
Newgrange is pretty amazing too, but wouldn't want to get stuck in that little passage way! Bit of a squeeze!
Glad you enjoyed your trip :)

xx

Here are some pics from Cavan, Ireland, in a forest park called Dun na Ri, been coming here since I was small, it's so gorgeous.

Treetops.jpg

Silence.jpg

And these two are from Glendalough, in Wicklow. Just as beautiful, I think.

S6000759.jpg

S6000758.jpg

That lake is amazing, but sooo freezing all the time. It's impossible to get in unfortunately. My dog loves it though. :lol:

S6000756.jpg

xx

Absolutely beautiful. I'd love to visit there some time.

Back
Top Bottom