Post Your Scenic Photos 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Where's Huka Falls in NZ?

Not that there aren't waterfalls everywhere in NZ.

Mark

just north of taupo on the waikato river.

there are very few waterfalls on the scale of huka falls in new zealand. i'm afraid to out my potential ignorance on my homeland, but i'm under the impression huka falls is the only waterfall of this type in new zealand.

and one bonus pic. i don't know why, but i really love this photo. it looks almost fake to me.
63321406886961446001861.jpg

:ohmy: cool

there are very few waterfalls on the scale of huka falls in new zealand. i'm afraid to out my potential ignorance on my homeland, but i'm under the impression huka falls is the only waterfall of this type in new zealand.
:whistle: Category:Waterfalls of New Zealand - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :whistle:

thanks :D i'm shocked as to how well the photo came out. we were driving and thought it looked pretty so i just stuck my arm in the back seat and took the photo.

thanks :D i'm shocked as to how well the photo came out. we were driving and thought it looked pretty so i just stuck my arm in the back seat and took the photo.

That's fantastic!

It looks like it could be in an art exhibit or something, I love it. :up:

just north of taupo on the waikato river.

Ha!
I guess I forget to differentiate between permanent waterfalls and the temporary ones that come with the rain. I've been to NZ four times and love to see the sites, especially waterfalls.

Mark

Nice. Did you ever get any filters or try hdr? Some shots look like they could benefit a bit from it.
It's too bad that those oil tankers on the horizon - maybe they can be cloned out.
Are you on flickr? I just signed up.

What a crap week for me. Last weekend was great, did a photoshoot with some sexy models :) was in the process of post process. I wake on Wednesday and guess what!!!!!

My External Hard Drive decides to Delete all my photographs from March up until last weeks shoot. I had backed up my Ecuador pictures onto my site but they are the jpgs and not the original Raw files. So yes I lost all my fucking Raw files from last weeks shoot (Thank God my model friend backed up the pics to her laptop) Everything is gone from the time period I posted. I tried Recovery programs my friend who works at Symantec sent me and it could not find the files!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So time to start over, fresh, but now i am going to back up on DVD's, External HD's that I have and online on my website.

Nice. Did you ever get any filters or try hdr? Some shots look like they could benefit a bit from it.
It's too bad that those oil tankers on the horizon - maybe they can be cloned out.
Are you on flickr? I just signed up.

Thanks,I've only got my trusty polarizer still haven't got on ND filters.

Yes I'm on flickr :wave:

What a crap week for me. Last weekend was great, did a photoshoot with some sexy models :) was in the process of post process. I wake on Wednesday and guess what!!!!!

My External Hard Drive decides to Delete all my photographs from March up until last weeks shoot. I had backed up my Ecuador pictures onto my site but they are the jpgs and not the original Raw files. So yes I lost all my fucking Raw files from last weeks shoot (Thank God my model friend backed up the pics to her laptop) Everything is gone from the time period I posted. I tried Recovery programs my friend who works at Symantec sent me and it could not find the files!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So time to start over, fresh, but now i am going to back up on DVD's, External HD's that I have and online on my website.

Thats awful Justin. A lesson for everyone, to backup their photos.

Now,I'm going to do mine today.

I know what you mean Justin... Last year, I put all (ALL MY 15,000 PHOTOS) in my father's External HD...and... it was stolen (from our house) one day later.... :sad: :sad: I cried so much... :angry::angry::angry:

Some more from Mongolia:

3757438895_081fd578c3_b.jpg

The wife and I on Lake Khovsgal (which I just found out means Lake Revolution. How Soviet!)

3758237494_1d8bf9c7d6_b.jpg

We stumbled across a community felting while driving. They roll up the wool, and it gets dragged behind a horse for 40 laps (approx. 1/2 mile each way).

3757472465_eb635e92b9_b.jpg

Camels

3757472993_9fede84a41_b.jpg

Then sheep and goats (but more importantly, asphalt!)

M

Nice, sharp photos there. What type of lens and focal length did you use?

As you probably know, I've got the Nikon D40X. For many of the pictures from Mongolia, I used the Sigma 10-20 mm with a B+W Warm Polarizing filter (I'm glad I opted to buy it before we went, next time I would consider getting a fish eye lens, too. There could be some really interesting shots with that.). The road shots were f10.
You can check out our Flickr site for all the EXIF info.

Mongolia (In Order! And Now Featuring Corrected Dates!) - a set on Flickr

I'm just catching up on the work I missed, so hopefully over the next month I'll have more photos to put up on the Flickr page. The page is just the jpegs that I threw up quick to give people a taste of the trip. I have to sort through all of the RAW NEFs to see what I really got. (I have to go through more of my wife's pix, too.)

M

As you probably know, I've got the Nikon D40X. For many of the pictures from Mongolia, I used the Sigma 10-20 mm with a B+W Warm Polarizing filter (I'm glad I opted to buy it before we went, next time I would consider getting a fish eye lens, too. There could be some really interesting shots with that.). The road shots were f10.

Cool -added you as a contact. That's a nice lens - hold onto it. I thought about getting the Sigma 12-24mm (for my full-frame), but I don't think it takes filters. I still need a wide angle - will probably go with the Canon 17-40.

Mongolia (In Order! And Now Featuring Corrected Dates!) - a set on Flickr

I'm just catching up on the work I missed, so hopefully over the next month I'll have more photos to put up on the Flickr page. The page is just the jpegs that I threw up quick to give people a taste of the trip. I have to sort through all of the RAW NEFs to see what I really got. (I have to go through more of my wife's pix, too.)

M

Thats a fantastic series, I added you as a contact too. Looking forward to seeing more from Mongolia :)

one tree hill as seen from the tallest volcanic peak in auckland, mt eden
IMG_3122.jpg

former site of the tree with many auckland landmarks in the background
IMG_3131.jpg

the obelisk
IMG_3134.jpg

view of lots of sheep from the hill
IMG_3138.jpg

from a bus parking area about halfway up the hill
IMG_3145-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom