Post your scenic photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
stormfront.jpg

Not a very artistic photo, but it captured the biggest lightening storm last weekend we had. It thundered for hours and dropped 42 mm of rain which is huge for the desert!

Nice pics. See I could deal with a winter like that. We get that amount of snow, but blue sky? Ha! This is a screen shot of our webcam. I can't take nice snow pics because there's honestly not enough light. It is gray like this for weeks, December and January average two days with sun. Winter starts November but lasts until May, last year we did not get green leaves until late May. This is why I go to Florida for my "mental health" break in April.

3116658528_8e5dcb7b63_o.png

80% of the time, our winter is like yours. :mad:

I swear it drives me MAD. Thank goodness I'm going to Mexico in February for a week.

I'm always jealous of the blizzards in the northeast. A nice coat of snow and then sun and blue skies. That doesn't happen here, all we get is Lake Effect that basically hovers. It's not even fun snow either, it's the really cold, powdery stuff. Probably good for Xcountry skiing but not what the kids want for igloos and snowmen.

Nice pics. See I could deal with a winter like that. We get that amount of snow, but blue sky? Ha! This is a screen shot of our webcam. I can't take nice snow pics because there's honestly not enough light. It is gray like this for weeks, December and January average two days with sun. Winter starts November but lasts until May, last year we did not get green leaves until late May. This is why I go to Florida for my "mental health" break in April.

This is what I have here but without snow...like today it was 2°C and it rained + the usual grey. I would prefer a little more cold but then we would have snow.

It's raining here as well. :sad: We haven't had a white christmas in years. Usually it snows in November and then never again throughout the winter. In the south of my country, which is a very small country, there is a lot of snow. People couldn't get out of their houses and some valleys were isolated for days. But strangely enough, the snow never made it to where I live or where my parents live. I want snow for Christmas. :scream:

I think there's a lot of places in Europe I could not live or I'd lose my mind!

I was in the Netherlands in Jan/Feb a couple of years ago and that was the worst, most depressing place I've ever seen. Really cold and wet and it was even worse than Canada, because it felt so damp. And there was this awful mist constantly, grey skies, etc. I couldn't wait to get out of there, to be honest.

We had freezing rain last night--all car windows covered with ice about 1/4 inch thick, doors frozen shut; today is 20 degrees, with a wind chill of 7 degrees. :sad: I would much rather have snow. Our local weather guy says the chances are "very good" for a White Christmas here. I wouldn't mind, if it were just a couple of inches of snow instead of a foot!

I hate those ice storms! We had one last week. I came home from work at 5 and then left at 5:30. In 1/2 hour the car was coated with ice and had to be scraped. I hate driving and won't go anywhere unless every bit of ice is off all the windows so it took forever, lol.

Right now we are having a huge fight with our car because the doors will not shut or latch at all if it's below 30 degrees, which it always is (it was 15 yesterday and 25 today). It takes 35-45 minutes of running the car before it heats up enough to even attempt to shut the doors. I'm spraying it with lube and de-ice nonstop and it's not really helping. So now anytime we have to go somewhere we have to plan nearly an hour ahead.

I think there's a lot of places in Europe I could not live or I'd lose my mind!

Like anitram said it's really depressing these days, but at least we have some nice dogs, eh?! :wink:

It's raining here as well. :sad: We haven't had a white christmas in years. Usually it snows in November and then never again throughout the winter. In the south of my country, which is a very small country, there is a lot of snow. People couldn't get out of their houses and some valleys were isolated for days. But strangely enough, the snow never made it to where I live or where my parents live. I want snow for Christmas. :scream:

oh really? I always thought Vienna has a lot of snow like the rest of Austria...:ohmy:

^mhh, I was wondering if there's a special region where you can find good gsd handlers/ breeders or is it just random?

Ice storm warning here from 7:00 p.m. tonight until 9:00 a.m. tomorrow. I'm supposed to go to a meeting in Indianapolis tomorrow at 11:00 a.m.--65 miles away. Sure hope they cancel it! :yikes:

Fortunately, I managed to convince my boss that we need to postpone the meeting--there were to be people coming from all over the state, and the northern part of the state is to get it even worse than we are supposed to. We'll see how it is in the morning.

I was in the Netherlands in Jan/Feb a couple of years ago and that was the worst, most depressing place I've ever seen. Really cold and wet and it was even worse than Canada, because it felt so damp. And there was this awful mist constantly, grey skies, etc. I couldn't wait to get out of there, to be honest.

The Dutch people I know always think Irish weather is worse than theirs. It doesn't rain often but I hate how cold it gets here. We're having a cold snap at the moment. It hasn't been above zero all week. To me that's really, really cold. :D

I took these while I was out today. The lake was entirely frozen, although it doesn't look like it in the photos. Half the neighbourhood was out ice-skating yesterday.

DSCF0505.jpg

DSCF0511.jpg

anitram, what camera do you have? I love your pictures.

It's a Nikon D60.

Today is such a beautiful day for photos here. Sunny and blue skies, but it's freaking COLD so I don't feel like going out for photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom