Post your scenic photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't Look Down (1200' above the canyon floor)
web.jpg

:shocked:

That is amazing! The feeling of being so high and looking down must be awsome!

It was very awesome. :D That whole hike was just breathtaking. 1500 feet gained in 2.5 miles, with some sections leaving you only a 3 foot wide path with a 1200 foot drop on one side and an 800 foot drop on the other. The last 1/2 mile to the top was the best (that's where this view and others like it came around).

Here's a picture looking towards the top of Angel's Landing, just a little bit away from where I took the Don't Look Down pic:
web.jpg

To get to the top you have to basically climb up the narrow path on the right (using chains to help you up). The guy I was hiking with got as far as where I took this picture, saw the rest of the way, and decided he'd just stay right there. I looked at it and couldn't wait to get to the top. :D

I went to Joshua Tree National Park last Saturday. :drool: :love: It was the first time in over 2 years that I was able to go. It's so beautiful there. Here's a few of my favorites.............

Skull Rock
IMG_1639.jpg

IMG_1651.jpg

IMG_1642-1.jpg

IMG_1654.jpg

IMG_1656.jpg

IMG_1660.jpg

These are from my trip to Quebec City?three hours to the northeast of me?for last weekend's semi-final and gold medal game of the World Ice Hockey Championships.

For those not in the know, Quebec City is one of the oldest cities in North America and is celebrating its 400th anniversary this year. Given its past as a battleground between France and England, walls were built around the city as protection from invaders?walls which remain visible to this day. It is certainly one of my favourite cities to visit, as it mixes old world romantic charm with some of the best that modern life has to offer?such as excellent restaurants.

P5130844.jpg

P5130845.jpg

P5170856.jpg

This is St. John's Gate:
P5130846.jpg

P5170870.jpg

P5170871.jpg

This is what you see past the gate:
P5130847.jpg

P5130851.jpg

The world famous Chateau Frontenac hotel, which dominates the city's skyline:

P5170857.jpg

P5170862.jpg

P5170861.jpg

MsPurrl i'm so jealous DisneyWorld. I wanna go. :hyper:

Justin great pics. Is there an open air rock pool in one of those pics. :drool:

Souly cool pic. Is it the roof of a temple building?

Diemen. Love your pics. :drool:

Arw Joshua Tree Park looks amazing. I'd love to go one day. :drool:

BonoManiac. Awesome pics.:D Next time im in Canada i think id like to go see Quebec for at least a day. Your pics have convinced me. :up:

Quebec City is very "Europeanesque", it could easily compete with many European cities I would say.

great pics hcbiggs. :) Love the one Bonocomet quoted. :D

^Yeah it does have a European look to the buildings. :D

Just been to Dublin. Went for a wander to pass the time before going to HQ.

Dublin Tourism Building. Used to be a church/cathedral.

P1000229.jpg

I went for a walk in St Stephens Green in Dublin. Found a waterfall which i never knew had been there. :lol: Not very good waterfall pics but never mind.

P1000237-1.jpg

Zoomed in on the waterfall.

P1000238.jpg

Swan in St Stephens Green.

P1000240.jpg

I like it in Black and White.

P1000240-1.jpg

Duck and ripples.

P1000245.jpg

Quebec City is very "Europeanesque", it could easily compete with many European cities I would say.

Thanks everyone. I went to Quebec City two weekends in a row to watch the hockey tournament, and you could say that I fell in love with it all over again (I hadn't been in a few years, and only once in the spring).

This is what I always tell people: Come to Montreal and Quebec City if you want that European feel, but don't have the budget to actually go to Europe. :up:

Beautiful pics of the swan lake, btw. Summer is definitely on its way! :hyper:

Excellent pictures! The Quebec pics are amazing. I just love that whole old European architecture look. Also gorgeous lake pics with the swans! Especially loved the snowy trees pics! Keep the gorgeous shots coming, there's some brilliant photographic talen here!

A rainbow over Loch Lomond in Scotland
IMG_2518.jpg

Scottish Fish & Chips with a ginger beer yum
IMG_2573.jpg

A frosty morning at the Isles of Glencoe hotel grounds, Scotland
IMG_2600.jpg

Conwy Castle, Wales
IMG_2303.jpg

English countryside (from the bus!)
IMG_2358.jpg

Ha'apenny Bridge, Dublin
IMG_2209.jpg

The Liffey:
IMG_2210.jpg

The Liffey the other way:
IMG_2213.jpg

Colorful Buildings along the Liffey in Dublin:
IMG_2223.jpg

O'Connell Street:
IMG_2225.jpg

Barely enough clearance for the bus to make it thru on this bridge in Wales
IMG_2259.jpg

Another favorite of Blarney Castle in Ireland:
IMG_2101.jpg

Stained glass at St Patrick's Cathedral in Dublin:
IMG_2160.jpg

IMG_2161.jpg

St Patrick's Entrance:
IMG_2173.jpg

This cobblestone stuff is really hard on your feet to walk on!
IMG_2189.jpg

Last edited:
I took a little walk in a creek and saw this!

2888f6ac.jpg

1b253aae.jpg

I got about 5 feet away from it and when I was about to take the pic, a frog jumped and it flew away :grumpy:

1fa2daf0.jpg

My sister, mspurrl, urged me to come look at the photos -- they are all gorgeous and make me want to travel BAD .... I'm the sibling who's strayed the farthest in the family (in fact, I moved to Florida from Indiana 2 years ago and work for Disney). I've been to Alaska (photos were given to ex-boyfriend and lost :scream:), Ireland (15 years ago, old regular camera and I've not scanned them), Paris 3 times (in fact, first time was on my honeymoon!), again, some photos on old camera, some digital but hard-drive died and I'm not sure if they're saved on a disk or not!) Amsterdam, one time (I think .... :giggle:), Caribbean a few times on cruises.

Anyway, roundabout way of saying, I've been a lot of places, but don't have many photos to prove it. I'll see what I have and post a few!

During an afternoon stroll around Disney's Boardwalk:

Treewithwhiteblossoms_2949288041442.jpg

Sun halo on Sanibel:

SunHalo2_294928804360098119.jpg

*I* consider this scenery .....

126-2609_IMG_294928803566912111.jpg

DH overlooking the Flying Dutchman on Castaway Cay:

2007_1215Cruise1213070145.jpg

swandiver! I'm glad to see you posting some scenics photos here, cos I know you have a load of them. I don't think I'd seen the second one from your back yard. Next time you're ready to go to Ireland, sign me up! :love:

Keep those pictures coming, and here's a long distance hug from Indiana. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom