Post your scenic photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Justin24 said:

What Camera do you use? Filters. Shutter speeds, etc...

You ask me that every time I post pics. :wink:

Canon 20D. 2nd and 3rd shots I used a polarizer. I'm too lazy to look up the shutter speeds etc right now. :p

Ava79 said:
Diemen, you are a truly talented photographer. Your photos always take my breath away and make me wish I was equally talented.

Thanks. :) I have to say, digital makes it a lot easier to learn about photography and progress faster - you might be surprised how much talent you have if you just decide to go out and take pictures regularly. :)

And Lies, I really like your macro shots - especially the one with the morning dew (or sprinkler mist) and the closeup of the blades of grass. Cool stuff. :up:

Justin24 said:

2138762749_8c75c26ca4_b.jpg

Bodie, CA

I really like this one.

Diemen said:

Thanks. :) I have to say, digital makes it a lot easier to learn about photography and progress faster - you might be surprised how much talent you have if you just decide to go out and take pictures regularly. :)

That's true. :yes: Practice makes you if not perfect but certainly a whole lot better in photography. The more you take pictures, the more you learn and the more you want to photograph. It's a very nice addiction for sure :)

Lies, I know what you mean about the sludge in the back yard. Every time we take bird seed to the feeder in the back yard, there's this squish squish squish sound as we sink in up to our ankles. More rain on the way, too. :(

I am working on a "Coffee Table Book" and hope to have it released by the summer. My future projects are People and their Faith and Portraits

Ava79 said:
Diemen, you are a truly talented photographer. Your photos always take my breath away and make me wish I was equally talented.

:yes: Diemen has skillz. Love your latest pics.

So many great pics here, more great bosnian pics, love the south african pics, the gods spire which ive never seen, liesjes pics of the flowers/grass blades. Justin love your Bodie pics and the daisy one, your coffee book idea sounds v interesting. :yes: Mandy1973 love your rainforest pic and MsPurrl its looks lovely and green near you.

great pics everyone. :hug:

Last edited:
Pics I took this afternoon at the back of my house. :)

HPIM0368.jpg

HPIM0369.jpg

HPIM0370.jpg

HPIM0381.jpg

I love winter! I wish the snow could stay forever.

Diemen said:

And Lies, I really like your macro shots - especially the one with the morning dew (or sprinkler mist) and the closeup of the blades of grass. Cool stuff. :up:

Thanks! That means a lot, coming from you.

I bought another camera today, it's a Canon A460 and it's only $99, but the super macro on this thing....I LOVE it! That's what I took my other macro pics with. My new expensive camera can't do a super macro like that with the lens it came with, and I figured I'd pay as much for an adapter as I would for this camera. Now Phil can have a camera too (as long as I'm not shooting macros).

I bought this cam for my mom last year and love the pics I took with it

899865797_220b58d9b3.jpg

900655016_8fc195b967.jpg

1106757939_ee18115d42.jpg

1107599438_41f641c78c.jpg

1106752541_ccf2d0c722.jpg

1107594452_6dd63b8ab5.jpg

1107593200_6edc909504.jpg

1107592884_29b5148955.jpg

1106754035_b1feec58ec.jpg

Awesome. :up:

I've been meaning to get a true macro lens for the longest time, but there's always something else that comes first. Though one of mine gets pretty close:

web.jpg

Full size, the detail in the petals is amazing.

Question for you photographers out there...I'm going to buy my camera in a couple of days but I'm still not sure about which kind I should buy. Canon, Nikon, Samsung? :)

iloveedge said:
Question for you photographers out there...I'm going to buy my camera in a couple of days but I'm still not sure about which kind I should buy. Canon, Nikon, Samsung? :)

Depends on your budget, what features you want, what is important to you...

As a default answer I would say Canon or Nikon, but I switched to a Panasonic because it had exactly what I wanted, whereas the Canon didn't have a few things but did have some other things I don't necessarily need.

Carek1230 said:
I love all the colors in the trees in that Water Gap/Poconos pic...we don't get that when the seasons change here in San Diego CA. :sad:

I've got one beautiful color changing tree like that in my backyard. I love watching it go through all the seasons every year.

IMG_4829-1.jpg

Taken at Moss Beach, CA. The original was very dark and I was a bit disappointed. So I lightened up the image and saw these millions of Stars and if you look closely to the top left you can see what looks like another Galaxy?

DSCN3032.jpg

DSCN2985.jpg

IMG_4834.jpg

DSCN3656.jpg

DSCN2201.jpg

Carek1230 said:

What kind of tree is it? Not the avocado?

No the avocado stays green and produces fruit year round.

The tree is a Liquidambar. It's gorgeous, in the fall the star shaped leaves turn a rainbow of bright reds, oranges, purples and yellows. I :heart: it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom