Post your scenic photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bonocomet said:

Here are photos from my trip to Joshua Tree National Park last month. Sorry there are alot of the joshua trees, :uhoh: I've been a bit obsessed with them since childhood (no relation to u2) so I enjoyed photographing them. The joshua tree forests are so amazing, they almost have a prehistoric feeling being there.

I also have an obsession with those trees!! My sister and I are thinking of visiting the park one day. Cool pics by the way! You should post the one of U2's fallen on the ground...it's a very nice picture! :)

Thanks iloveedge and Ava79 :)

Here are a few pics from my visit to U2's joshua tree in Death Valley. These were taken by my daughter (5th Marauder here on Interference)

thejoshuatree1-18-08.jpg

that's the tree in the center of the photo in the distance
thejoshuatreedistance1-1-08.jpg

the next closest living joshua tree near U2's tree. You can see it behind U2 in some of the pics Anton Corbijn
took of them when they took the photos for the album. Me and my other daughter by it here
thelittlejoshuatreemecamille1-18-08.jpg

me and some of the stone artwork made by fans, found all around the tree
thejoshuatreemeu2pride1-18-08.jpg

the one I already posted of me walking to it
TheJoshuaTreeJan182008Cathleen1.jpg

me there
thejoshuatreecathleen1-2008.jpg

and taken by my other daughter, a pic of 5th Marauder here
thejoshuatreechelsea1-18-08-1.jpg

a coyote in joshua tree national park
coyotejtpark1-19-08.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks again guys :)

Carek yes I did, a whole bunch. I haven't posted any tho, but I could I guess. So far I've only uploaded this one because it's pretty funny. If any of you have stayed at the Harmony Motel you'll understand. This was the narrowest shower I have ever seen, it cracked me up.

HarmonyMotelshower1-20-08.jpg

good thing the U2 guys were a bit narrower themselves back in the 80's :wink:

I kid, they look just as great now :wink:

I took this with my wimpy little digital camera just after the full moon was rising the other night and the eclipse was just starting.

WinterNight022008-1.jpg

We had to lighten it and mess with it before we could even see what it was!
:lol:

WinterNight022008.jpg

Some interesting "scenery" I saw at a beach near Pigeon Point Lighthouse on Monday.

IMG_7384.jpg

An elephant seal! I'd never seen one in person before - he was massive!

IMG_7421.jpg

IMG_7413.jpg

Looks like he's smiling here :)

IMG_7407.jpg

Definitely not smiling here...

When I was at moss beach, the sea lions laying on the beach kept their eye on me, especially the alpha male. Don't fuck with Animals and Nature, cause you always lose.

1840507052_363ac3a730_b.jpg

Ireland

1840369212_1b77dfe59a_b.jpg

Yosemite

1840346918_55a4f463fd_b.jpg

Alcatraz view of the city

1839691605_b1b8a12a17_b.jpg

Moss Beach

1839390975_e8a2f6c9d8_b.jpg

Golden Gate Park

1839384185_696f099dc2_b.jpg

Golden Gate Park

Carek1230 said:
OMG the icicles! :ohmy:

No kidding--and we got about 4 more inches of snow today. I am *so* ready for spring!

20 Minute Cliff along the Blue Ridge Parkway, Virginia

20MinuteCliff0726.jpg

Tippecanoe Battlefield, Indiana

TippecanoeBattlefield1005.jpg

The path to the beach at the Blue Dolphin, Sanibel Island, Florida

042907BlueDolphinPath.jpg

Yeah. Male elephant seals have a quick fuse to begin with, and it doesn't help that right now is near the peak of their mating season when they're even more territorial. I stayed at least 100 feet away at all times.

There was a group of kids exploring the nearby tidepools, and they didn't even notice him until he woke up rolled around a little.

Carek1230 said:
^Laugh all you want but if that thing were to start moving toward you if I were you I'd run....run like the friggin wind my friend!!

I didn't question that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom