Post your scenic photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2138762397_d120fd8a62_b.jpg

(Not really landscape but still love it)

1810575042_3d31f3f3e3_b.jpg

(Same for this one)

1815755106_73c4d19917_b.jpg

(One of my first early pictures when I started out in photography)

1810574908_e4858e52b1_b.jpg

(One of my most favorite shots ever!)

2139548526_1b2d25d091_b.jpg

(Bodie,CA)

2138764603_d9b6e18279_b.jpg

(Bodie, CA)

2139547878_0a2764b4bf_b.jpg

(Bodie, CA)

vivaSA said:
Thanks guys, I've got a few more photos of the old town (Bascarsija - Turkish quarter), I'll post them later on.

@anitram
It's time you stop by again ;)

I hope to!

And I hope to see a nice burek in one of your photos too. :drool:

These won't really compare to pretty much any photo in this thread, but why not?

n29614144354221362933he9.jpg

n29614144354221352630td3.jpg

Took those while hiking the beautiful Austin Greenbelt. I'm going hiking again or maybe kayaking (on Town Lake, not the Greenbelt) tomorrow, so I'll take some more. Hopefully the water levels get back up. They're very low right now.

I wish we could send you some water, impy--we've had major flooding here last month and then again the past few days from a lot of snow, followed by a lot of rain. :(

Here are a few more pics of sweden that I've taken:

IMG_2124.jpg

IMG_2128.jpg

IMG_2110.jpg

IMG_2099.jpg

By midnight in june last year:
2007-06-13074.jpg

A day last winter on my way home:
IMG_0361.jpg

=)

Beautiful, beautiful pictures, Idun.

My Uncle Howard took this one, but I think it's beautiful. It is our original "home place" in Virginia, built in the late 1700's by my great-great-great-grandfather (not sure about the number of "greats"!). Howard had excavated around the cellar portion, planning to incorporate the log cabin into a larger new house. Unfortunately, he passed away before he got started on the project. I don't know what his sons are planning to do with the land, or the cabin, which I find very sad. Anyway, here's the picture.

HowardsLogCabin1995.jpg

Yet another Sanibel sunset picture (I got a "million" of 'em!) :wink:

Sanibel042807Sunset2.jpg

Last edited:
Bravo! I sure enjoy seeing the pics here. The Sweden pics are wonderful, reminds me of the lochs (lakes) we saw in Scotland. Gorgeous Sanibel sunsets..keep them coming, they are beautiful. And the VA cabin is also a great picture. That's really a log structure? I hope it is a registered historical building! :wink:

Yes, it is a real log structure. I don't think it was ever registered. If my cousins don't want it, I hope they will donate it to the National Parks Service.

Sanibel Island:

SanibelLighthousePalm100906.jpg

Rockfish Valley, Virginia:

RockfishValley102106.jpg

My aunt's driveway, near Crozet, Virginia:

RuthsDriveway.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, Carel1230 and Idun--it was taken from one of the overlooks on the Blue Ridge Parkway. I have another one that was a close-up from the same spot, but I can't find it right now. :( The log cabin in the previous picture is somewhere near the base of the first mountain ridge at the center left--I was born in a small town near there.

I do hope to go to Scotland and Ireland "someday." That's where our ancestors originated--very heavy settling of Scots-Irish in the Rockfish Valley, Virginia. It is said that the terrain and weather reminded them of home!

I'm not surprised! We've traced ancestry back to Scotland then London then to up state NY. I do hope you get to visit Ireland and Scotland, it's beautiful country!

Wow so many beautiful photos here. Diemen your Yosemite photos are gorgeous, it's one of my favorite places on Earth.

Here are photos from my trip to Joshua Tree National Park last month. Sorry there are alot of the joshua trees, :uhoh: I've been a bit obsessed with them since childhood (no relation to u2) so I enjoyed photographing them. The joshua tree forests are so amazing, they almost have a prehistoric feeling being there.

joshuatreenationalpark1-19-083.jpg

joshuatreenationalpark1-19-085.jpg

joshuatreenationalpark1-19-086.jpg

joshuatreenationalpark1-19-087.jpg

If you do go, go during the cooler seasons so you can walk around and enjoy them without too much of the desert heat. We found January was perfect, but it stays nice there til at least April. May thru Sep. can get pretty hot.

Babydoll said:
Historical remnants of the German colonization in Bagamoyo, Tanzania:

Picture501.jpg

Statue of the heads of the slaves who lost their lives in Bagamoyo:
Picture486.jpg

:drool:
I remember that day :yippie:

bonocomet said:
If you do go, go during the cooler seasons so you can walk around and enjoy them without too much of the desert heat. We found January was perfect, but it stays nice there til at least April. May thru Sep. can get pretty hot.

I know! I much prefer the cooler weather, especially when Spring is in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom