Post your scenic photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These are not actually scenic photos, but they look like it to me! MrPurrl took them of the inside of the bathroom room where we used to live a few years ago (the top floor of an old house) during a particularly cold spell. We think it looks like Gandalf the Wizard from "The Lord of the Rings" with a lantern in his hands. :wink:

JackFrost120605.jpg

JackFrost120605-2.jpg

Wow theres so many beautiful pictures in here. Whoever commented on our beautiful planet is so right. I just wish i had the money to see all these places. :wink:

Heres some pics of mine:

Falmouth, Cornwall, England

View over the sea from Pendennis Castle

Looking toward Falmouth Beach

Falmouth

click the thumbnails for a bigger pics :)

Last edited:
House in newquay, Cornwall seperated from the mainland due to sea erosion.
IMG_1426-1.jpg

Bedruthan Steps, Near Newquay, Cornwall September 2006
IMG_1429-2.jpg

The same place October 2007, taken further down the cliff

PICT0035-1.jpg

Last edited:
GibsonGirl said:

Thanks, we now have a new summer destination! :wink:

You'll love it! You have my guarantee. Burgeo is easily the best kept secret in Newfoundland. In fact, I'm willing to bet most of your local friends haven't even been there! It's quaint, quiet, and highly contagious...but make sure to give yourself a few days, and make sure it's in good weather! I keep mentioning the weather thing, but it's so true in Newfoundland, as you know. :wink:

Diemen said:

I could seriously live in those trees. :drool:

bonoishot said:

Looks like an incredible place for beachcombing...before the tide returns!

Awesome pics, everyone. :up: I feel like quoting them all! I'm definitely taking notes for future visits. I probably won't get a chance to take in MsPurrl & MrPurll's old bathroom, but those ice images are pretty neat...looks a bit like frozen leaves.

angelordevil said:

I probably won't get a chance to take in MsPurrl & MrPurll's old bathroom, but those ice images are pretty neat...looks a bit like frozen leaves.

When I was a kid, our mom used to tell use that Jack Frost painted those pictures. :cute:

Along the road up the mountain to Thomas Jefferson's home, Monticello:

MonticelloDogwoods.jpg

I didn't take this one, but it is Monticello in the mist:

MonticelloMist.jpg

Near the appropriately named Greenfield, Virginia:

072107GreenfieldSundown.jpg

I lost all of the pictures from the Disney Cruise I went on when my old computer died. :( I need to find the time to scan some of them.

Castle near Lexington, Kentucky:

080507LexingtonCastle1.jpg

From the back porch at our Anderson family homeplace in Virginia, which is unfortunately no longer own by our family:

AndersonHomePlaceSidePorch.jpg

Sanibel Island, Florida:

KevinsSunset.jpg

Ava79 said:

Iceland is beyond beautiful, it's just...breathtaking. GO THERE! :)

Thanks for the comment on my photos. And welcome to Finland too, it won't be as exciting for you as Iceland, but I think you'd like it anyway. I've been to Sweden several times and I :heart: it!

yeah I'll go there!=D thanks! I have to go to Finland some time as well, I'm sure I'd like it. :)

As you can tell, I have many sunset pictures from Sanibel Island. It is a tradition there that everyone goes down to the beach to watch the sun set--some folks even applaud! I love that. :wink:

101307SanibelSunset2.jpg

If you look really closely, there is a deer in the shadow at the base of the tree:

EnnisMountainRoad102106-8.jpg

Sanibel042807Sunset1.jpg

Sanibel042907LighthouseFisherman.jpg

The scraggly-looking tree is the remains of a very tall Australian pine. There were many of them along the beach and all over Sanibel and Captiva Island, but they were almost all destroyed by the hurricanes a few years ago. :(

Sanibel042807LonePine.jpg

Seashells on the beach on Sanibel:

Sanibel042707BeachShells.jpg

My sister Patt (AKA swandiver on interference) took this picture at Disney World in Florida:

TowerofTerror.jpg

SanibelSeaBirds100906.jpg

SanibelIbis100806.jpg

Autumn in my hometown:

JescoHills100606.jpg

I love the Sanibel photos, they are gorgeous! I love the shells picture too! A lot :up:. I live by the beach and every night at sunset people will stop what they are doing and as soon as the sun dips out of sight there is applause. I love that.

vivaSA, great photos. I can't believe it has been over 20 years since I've been to Sarajevo. Time flies.

Thanks guys, I've got a few more photos of the old town (Bascarsija - Turkish quarter), I'll post them later on.

@anitram
It's time you stop by again ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom