Post your scenic photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Justin, great work, and some really amazing impressions. I especially like the landscapes and the black and white pictures :up:

I only made a picture of the moon today, at half past three in the afternoon from my livingroom window:

IMG_0495.jpg

:applaud: Those are gorgeous. I'd love to use those in a creative writing class to have my students write a paper about what the picture is about or to describe it. So much could be said! :up:

Not scenic per se, but I LOVE how this one turned out. From this angle her nose has a wrinkle and it looks like the tip is pushing through some clear glass or membrane, can you see what I mean?
3091196892_50cdcb85a6.jpg

My backyard last week (well, my backyard Nov - April for that matter)
3071489797_fe962a784d.jpg

I broke through a sheet of ice and found a living plant!
3072325724_03b91a1044.jpg

At least someone likes snow
3087024343_0e85d97ccc.jpg

3087860440_47ce7dd909.jpg

Kenya found a snow monster in the yard!
3090464944_5b4b47b668.jpg

3090465912_781c9bf7b4.jpg

I was on vacation in Iceland a couple of weeks ago...stunning country with some unusual landscapes. Winter is more overcast than not, but I got lucky had mostly clear days, although the tradeoff was that it was a little colder than normal, with a couple of very windy days. Here's some pics from there:

Lighthouse on the Seltjaranes peninsula, just a couple of kilometers outside Reykjavik, at dusk:

LighthouseSeltajarnes.jpg

Reykjavik with Mt. Esja across the fjord, at night:

MountainsRvkNight.jpg

Essentially the same view in the daytime:

ReykjavikVista2.jpg

Sunrise (just before 11AM!) over Besstadir and Gardbaer, not far from Reykjavik:

BesstadirSunrise.jpg

Some more will be in my next post...

More from Iceland:

Steam rising from natural hot (boiling) spring holes on the edge of Hveragerdi, Iceland, about 45 km SE from Reykjavik.

HveragerdiStream.jpg

In the town of Stokkseyri, about 70 km SE of Reykjavik:

StokkseyriSunriseHouse.jpg

Lava meets the Atlantic with mountains in the distance at Stokkseyri:

StokkseyriLavaIceMountains.jpg

Steam geysir at Geysir, 125 km east of Reykjavik:

GeysirHotSprings.jpg

A few more of Iceland in next post...

Gulfoss, about the same distance as Geysir from Reykjavik:

Gulfoss1.jpg

Like a moonscape at Thingvellir National Park, 50 km NE of Reykjavik, my group were the only signs of life for miles!

ThingvellirFrozenWasteland.jpg

More at Thingvellir:

Thingvellir1.jpg

And one more at Thingvellir:

ThingvellirLake.jpg

Beautiful shots! Did you find it cheap in Iceland at the moment given their economic state or no?

I'd love to go in the summertime.

PopArtist, I love your pictures from Iceland! So many familiar places (I've lived in the country for 3 months) looking just as gorgeous as ever. Iceland is really the most amazing place on earth, at least for me. It's so beautiful that no words do justice. Your pictures however bring out the best of Iceland, excellent! :up:

Beautiful shots! Did you find it cheap in Iceland at the moment given their economic state or no?

LOL! This morning, a friend said to me, that she wants to go to Iceland with her bf! -Iceland?! yeah, it's sooo cheap at the moment! :shrug:

I don't think Iceland will ever be dirt cheap for foreigners like, say, places in S. America, Asia and Africa, but for Europeans it would be quite cheap (on most things) now, yes. For North Americans, there are some deals too, but most things I would call reasonable (meaning comparable to what travelers in North America would pay) instead of being insanely expensive as it had been in the past. Got a very nice handknit Icelandic wool hat for $12, which would've run about $25-28 before the currency collapse, and a Radiohead Japanese import CD for $9, which is half of what it would cost here in the U.S. There were still a few prices that made my jaw drop...like home hair color like I use here...here it's like $9.49 when not on sale, in the supermarket in Iceland it was $35-40! :ohmy: But the krona hit its low while I was there...since I came back, the Icelandic krona has gotten stronger by about 25%, so it's a little less cheap now.

The landscape was amazing. The short days and low sun were both a challenge and an advantage in getting good photos...the low sun gave a nice glow to everything but the extended dawns and dusks weren't the best light. The weather wasn't any colder than NYC the previous week, so that wasn't bad...although when the wind kicked up it did feel mighty cold!

Very pretty Paris pics achtung_girl

A couple I took over the weekend

This one was in the middle of a completely sunny day, in color. But that's how it came out.

iceenhanced.jpg

Ice from the ice storm still on the trees

iceontreesenhanced.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom