Post your scenic photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. :) Fall is wonderful around here. And today there was the first snow, but it wasn't much and has melted already.

I'll be in San Francisco from January 5 to 10. Are day trips to Yosemite possible, or even worth the effort? Otherwise I will have to come back and go there!

Thanks. :) Fall is wonderful around here. And today there was the first snow, but it wasn't much and has melted already.

I'll be in San Francisco from January 5 to 10. Are day trips to Yosemite possible, or even worth the effort? Otherwise I will have to come back and go there!

YES. Even a day trip to Yosemite is worth it! Obviously it is ideal to stay longer and really explore the park, but in one day you can see the main Yosemite Valley with Half Dome, El Capitan, Bridal Veil Falls, and Yosemite Falls. It is spectacular. Here's a pic I took of my kids a few years back in the valley with Yosemite Falls in the distance. Do go!!! You will not be disappointed!

YosemiteChelsMil6-2002.jpg

Of course in January the scenery will be a bit different!

Thank you. I will tell my friends that we will have to do a day trip then.

That picture and diemen's are stunning. And I really like the effect your kids have in putting things into perspective, i.e. showing the scale of the waterfall.

Definitely! I would leave as early as you can to really make it worth your while. It takes about 3 1/2 to 4 hours to get there. I recommend leaving San Francisco before 6am (the earlier the better). Don't worry, it'll be worth it. Also, definitely check weather in the Yosemite area before you leave. If there's been any snow recently, or if there's a possibility of snow, you will need tire chains or else they might not let you into the park by car (plus you might not be able to make it over some of the passes on the highways leading to the park). And if the storms are big, you may be shut out anyway.

On the flip side (as you can see from the pic), Yosemite takes on a whole other level of beauty when there's snow. :up:

The snow picture is amazing. I would definitely leave very early to have a long day. I just would have to rent a car so that could put some restraints on my travel plans. But I will talk it over with my friends.
Thank you!

Tasmania :drool::
HelgeTasmanien078.jpg

OMG Ms Purrl I absolutely LOVE your photo!

I feel all lovely and warm and fuzzy just looking at it, because I can imagine being there, and esp if it was warm. Takes me back to caravan time, no city lights, just dusk and hearing kids and people talk, just mainly seeing shadows of movement. All in all the sunset in it is fantastic!

:up:

OMG Ms Purrl I absolutely LOVE your photo!

I feel all lovely and warm and fuzzy just looking at it, because I can imagine being there, and esp if it was warm. Takes me back to caravan time, no city lights, just dusk and hearing kids and people talk, just mainly seeing shadows of movement. All in all the sunset in it is fantastic!

:up:

Thank you! Before the sun went down, the temperature was in the low 80s, but it cooled off to the high 50s by the time the party broke up about 1:00 a.m. The fire pit felt good! And the moon is almost full, so it lit up the darkness very well. On the way out of the park back to the highway, of course, there were no lights other than the car lights. The trees were silhouetted against the sky, which looked very big and starry and white. Beautiful!

Ms Purrl you go or do this often?

I swear it takes me back, photos of us having bonfires lit on the beaches. the caravans mainly in dark because most people were in someone elses.

back in the 80s :up:

Not as often as I would like. My sister and her hubby, and our brother and his wife have the "campers"; MrPurrl and I do not have one. So when they set up and invite the rest of the family, we are there! :lol:

Tested out My new Nikon D200 Took this.
DSC_0005.jpg

Took these of my cousins :) Sorry I know it's not landscape but I had to post them. Sorry Folk.
DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

My Equipment.
DSC_0006.jpg

Ok so there is my Canon Digital Rebel XT. With my 18-55, 18-200 and my 70-300. I shot the picture with my Nikon D200 with the attached my Nikon 50-200mm lens. Also in the picture are my 18-50 and my Tamron 70-300. I have 3 batteries for each, Lens hoods, 4 Sandisk cards. 2 Flashes 1 for each camera. Filters, lens cleaner a blower to remove any dust.

The hostas in front of the house (thanks, swandiver!) bloomed very late this year, well into the end of August/early September. One morning when I was leaving for work, the sun was just coming up and shining on them. I had to go back in the house and get my camera--I was late for work, but that was okay. :D

HostaSunrise090908.jpg

HostaSunrise090908-2.jpg

Awesome pics, everyone!

I took these Sunday on Newfoundland's west coast, while I was home for Thanksgiving. My family came close to disowning me for going out on the water by myself, but I couldn't resist!

28qs282.jpg

2w239ed.jpg

My aunt's cabin, way off in the distance.

2zfl5dc.jpg

2qd36gm.jpg

xn6nwi.jpg

256ww08.jpg

nvbg4m.jpg

mm8ksw.jpg

I love going to the little island on the left.

r7onr5.jpg

Incredible pic, bonocomet. :drool:

Angelordevil, those are beautiful pics, especially the ones taken from the kayak on the water!! Gorgeous color in the foliage!

Thanks! :D The pics are a little disjointed...a few of them are from a hike I took earlier in the day along the Humber River. The one of the gnawed tree is pretty interesting--looks like it was lunch for a beaver before he/she moved on...yet, the tree is still living.

I'm homesick now, as I type in this concrete building. :sad: :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom