Post your favorite Monet painting!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GirlsAloudFan

Blue Crack Addict
Post your favorite Claude Monet painting, please.

Here's mine:

venice_twilight.jpeg

This one:

14204901.jpg

Is at the Getty Museum in LA. It's absolutely mesmerizing in person. From across the room it looks like it's glowing in morning light. I could stare at it for hours.

I'm not an art person. Can I list my favorite music from the impressionist period instead? :(

I think Monet is one of the most overrated artists. Certainly the most overrated impressionist.

Hence, I will not be posting a favourite pic. :hyper:

Debussy - Clair de Lune (orchestral version is my preferred method of hearing it)
Debussy - Pour le Piano

I don't actually know all that many. :shh:

Debussy - Clair de Lune (orchestral version is my preferred method of hearing it)
Debussy - Pour le Piano

:tsk:

Clair de Lune was the first piece I ever played in any kind of music competition (I think). Still have a soft spot for it. Also really love the Sunken Cathedral from his Preludes. My favorite impressionistic piano piece, though, is Ravel's Gaspard de la Nuit.

I haven't taken a moment of fine arts or art history studies since elementary school, so I'm extremely ill-informed in this area. I suspect my tastes may be a little plebeian, but I know what I like.

I love Van Gogh's colours and brush strokes. :drool: My favourite works by him are his Starry Night series, but this one is my favourite:

f_0612.jpg

I also love this one, Olive Trees with the Alpilles in the Background:

f_0712.jpg

The Night Cafe:

f_0463.jpg

Debussy - Pour le Piano

Debussy was essentially the only artist in the impressionist movement anyways.

Besides what you listed, I would also reccomend:

1.Prelude A L'Apres-Midi D'Un Faune
2.Danses Sacree Et Profane For Harp & Strings(My absolute favorite piece of classical music).

Anyways, back to the topic at hand.

I've always been a big fan of the haystacks.

monet-haystack2.jpg

:bump:

First of all, I can't believe I actually started this thread once upon a time. But here it is, still alive.

Anyway, I visited the St. Louis Art Museum this past Sunday and got to see these three original Claude Monet masterpieces up close and in person and in real life.

Charing Cross Bridge
monet33.jpg

Water Lilies (This one was HUGE. Took up an entire wall of the museum!)
275853502_271c746005.jpg

The Promenade with the Railroad Bridge
Claude_Monet_-_The_Promenade_with_the_Railroad_Bridge,_Argenteuil.jpg

It was fucking unbelievable. All three were set up in the same gallery room, and I think my jaw is still on the floor back there in that room. You have to see these shits in the flesh to truly appreciate them, I think. But cool, right? Monet is my favorite painter, fo sho, at this relatively un-art-educated moment of my life.

Soooooooooo...post more of your favorite Monet paintings. Or other paintings. Or whatever. Thanks. I love you.

I just wanted to say great thread. I've loved Monet since I was like 5 and saw an exhibit at the MFA Boston. don't have time to dig up jpgs of some of my favorites but there are some good ones posted here. I really wanna get to his house some time in Giverny.

Amazon.com: Linnea in Monet's Garden: Cristina Bjork, Lena Anderson, Joan Sandin: Books

if anyone wants a beautiful book to indoctrinate your children on Monet, or just to enjoy the well done book, see above

I already posted in this thread, and I have to admit that though I do like certain works, overall impressionism isn't one of my favourite forms. I'm more of an expressionist.

However, I think there's nothing better in this world than the fact that GAF loves Monet.

Back
Top Bottom