Post your concert photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Best concert pic I've ever taken - Isaac Brock (Modest Mouse)

isaac3.jpg

Fiona always has a very strict no camera policy at her shows :angry:

Sicy said:
I'm kind of annoyed because I've been to a lot of concerts, mostly when I was a teen. I guess I never took pictures :(

Same here throughout my 20's mostly, tons of shows, but you were just about NEVER allowed to bring a camera in to a show :grumpy:

My daughter took these last summer of Wierd Al Yankovic (she's 5thMarauder here on Interference but told me to post them for her)

weirdalaccordian6-13-2007seapeny.jpg

weirdalBOB6-13-2007seapeny.jpg

WeirdAl6-13-07AATPseapeny.jpg

weirdal6-13-2007TSBseapeny.jpg

weirdaltutu6-13-2007seapeny.jpg

weirdal6-13-07FATseapeny.jpg

weirdal6-13-07FAT2seapeny.jpg

(they're grainy because weren't real close to the stage)

Last edited:
Nice pics everyone :up:

In the 80s, you really couldn't take cameras into arenas. I used to go to shows with some friends, a few who were photographers, and they always had some secret ways of getting their cameras/lenses in. And then they would work at the music swap meets and sell their photos. They had some great shots. We always used to get tix for arena shows in the first 5 rows, back when paying $75 for a ticket was a fortune. Oh, the good old days :memories:

VintagePunk said:

Yes, please? What amazing clarity and contrast in your photos! How do you do it?

Honest to God? I post process EVERYTHING! :reject: I'm ten times better on the computer than I am with the camera.

As for the camera, I never use a flash, I use manual settings where I am in control of the ISO, f-stop, etc. I also only took pics during certain songs where I knew I could get them relatively still and the lighting would work.

Last edited:
Wow - you guys have some fantastic photos! Most of my concert pics are crap. I'm usually pretty far away from the stage, or I can't get my camera still enough for a good shot.

Here's a few that I could find right now:

02CrowdedHouse.jpg

Crowded House

js.jpg

Joss Stone

DSC01292.jpg

Josh Groban

jt.jpg

Justin Timberlake

I haven't really tried to get photos at concerts other than U2, because I knew they had a lenient camera policy. I suppose with the advent of camera phones, it's pretty hard to stop people now, so I would imagine that many performers are more relaxed about pictures now. Anyway, here are a few of my favourites from the Vertigo tour.

Probably the best one we got all tour of Bono:
DSC00520.jpg

I've always thought this one would have been awesome, if the lighting had been slightly different, or if I had better photo editing skills:
DSC00527.jpg

I like the way this one turned out, how it looks like they're surrounded by a sea of people:
DSC00550.jpg

Bono reaching for Mrs. Edge:
DSC00565.jpg

Edge is so damn hard to capture, because he's always in motion:
DSC00613.jpg

DSC00614.jpg

Liesje said:

Honest to God? I post process EVERYTHING! :reject: I'm ten times better on the computer than I am with the camera.

As for the camera, I never use a flash, I use manual settings where I am in control of the ISO, f-stop, etc. I also only took pics during certain songs where I knew I could get them relatively still and the lighting would work.

Heh. Your secret's out, now!

In any case, they do look amazing. So do all the pictures of your animals. I suspect it also has to do with your photography skills, as well. :)

So many fantastic photos in this thread! I myself am usually too lazy to take my camera to concerts because if I do, I just end up trying to get as good shots as possible and that pretty much ruins the concert experience for me. I'm simple like that, can't really concentrate on more than one thing at a time...:wink:

Anyway, I got some ok pics from the Vertigo show in Copenhagen.

u2_copenhagen037.jpg

u2_copenhagen038.jpg

u2_copenhagen032.jpg

u2_copenhagen026.jpg

Wow, very, very nice, Ava! So are your pictures of the kitten. What kind of camera do you use?

I just got my daughter an 8.0 megapixel Canon with image stabilization for her birthday, and I took over her old, crappy Sony 4.0. I wasn't exactly wowed by the pics on her new camera so far. Maybe I/she needs to mess with the settings to increase the quality.

VintagePunk said:
Wow, very, very nice, Ava! So are your pictures of the kitten. What kind of camera do you use?

Thanks VP :) I actually have a crap camera, it's an old Olympus Camedia C-310 (3.2 megapixel). Well, it used to be good back in the days when it still was new, but not anymore. As soon as I have enough money I'm going to get a great new camera. :drool:

Re: Re: Post your concert photos

ntalwar said:

Here's a decent article - you can see the settings used.
You'll have to use one of the manual modes, and it's best to wait for the white lights.

http://www.popphoto.com/howto/3463/secrets-of-killer-concert-photos-revealed.html

Thanks for that. :up: I remember you helped me last time, and that's the only reason why my White Stripes photos didn't come out as a mass of blurs! I couldn't find the post where you mentioned the shutter speeds, though.

Great photos, everyone. Those Weird Al shots are crazy.

Lies, very nice compositions and clarity!

I just realized as well that I only have U2 concert pics. Anyway, I took mostly video (once I discovered how to use it) because my ISO wasn't high enough to get clear pics.

Green light
108_0885.jpg

Love and Peace
108_0877.jpg

The Edge
108_0900.jpg

Bono
109_0934.jpg

And look who I found lurking around...
109_0928.jpg

Re: Re: Re: Post your concert photos

GibsonGirl said:

Thanks for that. :up: I remember you helped me last time, and that's the only reason why my White Stripes photos didn't come out as a mass of blurs! I couldn't find the post where you mentioned the shutter speeds, though.

Any time, Steph. The image gallery in the article shows the settings used for about 24 shots - ISO, shutter speed, aperture, etc. So that should help - for closeups 1/80-1/125 seems to be average. Shutter priority mode is good. Keep in mind that most recent compacts with high megapixel counts seem to be noisy/grainy in low light (no flash). Larger cameras or dslrs are better with noise reduction.

Back
Top Bottom