Post a picture of your latest purchase Part II -Debt is good.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i just bought these really nice quality riding trousers, but in navy and chocolate brown...

HKM-1324.jpg

i also just bought a new star icing nozzle for cupcakes, and a load of new pretty undies but i won't post pictures of those :D

...and new training gloves - I believe they are for weights but I use them for dog training (to prevent line burns on the hands when doing protection training)

that's interesting about the training gloves Liesje! i've got thru so many pairs of gloves with the horses, especially when they were youngsters - rope burn isn't pleasant! are training gloves fingerless?? i do need fingers on mine... have real trouble finding good gloves as i need them to offer really good protection, but also to be light and sensitive enough to ride in... so i normally end up having to carry two pairs around with me depending on what type of work i'm doing (in-hand or riding)...

i did find some great gloves for winter though, called "Sealskinz" (NOT seal skin i hasten to add! incredibly warm and waterproof, though a little bit chunky)...

oooooh i never posted this one. got it a couple weeks ago in america.

katieg.png

let's see:
made by kate spade (my favourite handbag maker)? check.
my favourite colour (green)? check.
the purse was on sale? check.
the purse was on an additional sale, thus making it half off the original price? check.
THE PURSE WAS MY FREAKING NAME? check!!

that's interesting about the training gloves Liesje! i've got thru so many pairs of gloves with the horses, especially when they were youngsters - rope burn isn't pleasant! are training gloves fingerless?? i do need fingers on mine... have real trouble finding good gloves as i need them to offer really good protection, but also to be light and sensitive enough to ride in... so i normally end up having to carry two pairs around with me depending on what type of work i'm doing (in-hand or riding)...

i did find some great gloves for winter though, called "Sealskinz" (NOT seal skin i hasten to add! incredibly warm and waterproof, though a little bit chunky)...

I probably have an easier time, as my animal weighs about 75lbs and my lines are generally attached to a pinch collar. My main reason for wearing gloves is not so much the burn but I find that the material sucks the moisture from my hands and gives me callouses that crack. I have various types of leather, nylon, tubular nylon, etc and everything but ASAT/biothane seems to dry out my hands, and while I find the ASAT/biothane lines to be very durable, high quality, and easy on the hands, the material absorbs too much of my corrections to the dog. I've spent a lot on various lines for various purposes and ironically right now my favorite/best line is my cheapest nylon line from the pet store that is old and has knots about every foot. I did replace the hardware b/c any leash/line from a pet store or pet chain is not going to hold up. Normally I prefer the gloves that don't have fingertips. My old ones are full fingers but the new ones don't have finger tips. I find that I need my fingertips to put on the dogs' pinch collars and any time it's not winter we're already hot and sweating bullets so I avoid wearing full gloves. We use anything from weight lifting to football to batting gloves. I like ones that have some padding/support and have a more rubbery surface that grips. These are my old ones (with fingers), I think they are Nike batting gloves: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2562/4005135171_4d9174529b_z.jpg

I probably have an easier time, as my animal weighs about 75lbs and my lines are generally attached to a pinch collar. My main reason for wearing gloves is not so much the burn but I find that the material sucks the moisture from my hands and gives me callouses that crack. I have various types of leather, nylon, tubular nylon, etc and everything but ASAT/biothane seems to dry out my hands, and while I find the ASAT/biothane lines to be very durable, high quality, and easy on the hands, the material absorbs too much of my corrections to the dog. I've spent a lot on various lines for various purposes and ironically right now my favorite/best line is my cheapest nylon line from the pet store that is old and has knots about every foot. I did replace the hardware b/c any leash/line from a pet store or pet chain is not going to hold up. Normally I prefer the gloves that don't have fingertips. My old ones are full fingers but the new ones don't have finger tips. I find that I need my fingertips to put on the dogs' pinch collars and any time it's not winter we're already hot and sweating bullets so I avoid wearing full gloves. We use anything from weight lifting to football to batting gloves. I like ones that have some padding/support and have a more rubbery surface that grips. These are my old ones (with fingers), I think they are Nike batting gloves: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2562/4005135171_4d9174529b_z.jpg

that is a great pic!! amazing dog!!

i haven't thought of using other types of sports gloves before... i will check some out next time i'm at the store... thanks for the recommendations!

lol!! my horses weigh at least 500/575 kg a piece (over 1000 lbs lol), but one is light as a feather and dainty on his feet (thoroughbred cross) and i can normally use my weight to brace against him if he went to run, but only if i get the timing spot on and have time to jump to the side at a right angle and brace myself and again only if i'm wearing good gloves lol!! but the other one is a chunky tank (fjord cross) and could just go if he wanted to - i ended up doing a lot of "grass skiing" behind him when he was a youngster lol!! luckily these days they are sensible and much more obedient, but i do like to be prepared just in case as things can be so unpredictable and dangerous with horses sometimes... if they spooked or got out of control i just wouldn't be able to hold onto them without good gloves, so they really are essential... i get thru tons of Atrixo hand cream too to keep my hands in one piece lol!!

oooooh i never posted this one. got it a couple weeks ago in america.

katieg.png

let's see:
made by kate spade (my favourite handbag maker)? check.
my favourite colour (green)? check.
the purse was on sale? check.
the purse was on an additional sale, thus making it half off the original price? check.
THE PURSE WAS MY FREAKING NAME? check!!

pretty!!!

Got this today (21.5" iMac), didn't pay for it though (work issued)
apple_215inch_core_i3_imac306ghz.html_586734_g1.jpg

Sooooo happy to have it. My 2 year old 19" iMac was sucking monkey balls, slowest computer I use, always acting weird and giving me spinning beach balls of death at the most inopportune times. Good riddance!

I freaked out and got a Dyson DC24 vacuum on Woot but then canceled the order after, you know, reading about the product, lol. Sounds like it's not going to outperform my older DC14 for what I need from a vacuum.

Heck I'd take that! Down or synthetic? My dream is a latex bed topper. I haven't been happy with any of the memory foam or standard "egg carton" foam I've tried. I have a latex pillow and LOVE it, I've had it for years and it's the same shape/feel it was the day I got it.

Nice! I love the memory foam but even the best quality stuff is too hot for us. I thought I'd like it b/c I'm usually cold, but even I was waking up having to change my shirt from nightsweats. Right now we have a few layers of the cheap egg carton since it was all I could afford but it gets flattened after a while (and is repurposed as a dog bed). The latex for me is like memory foam but without the heat issue. Is the down really hot? (it's been about 85 in our bedroom during the day and gets down to 75-80 at night but has been so humid)

I freaked out and got a Dyson DC24 vacuum on Woot but then canceled the order after, you know, reading about the product, lol. Sounds like it's not going to outperform my older DC14 for what I need from a vacuum.

i recently bought the Dyson DC32 Animalpro as my old vacuum cleaner was fighting a losing battle against Golden Retriever hair!! and it is AMAZING! i am so pleased with it...

i recently bought the Dyson DC32 Animalpro as my old vacuum cleaner was fighting a losing battle against Golden Retriever hair!! and it is AMAZING! i am so pleased with it...

I've always had long-haired dogs (a Newf and a Berner), does the dog hair wrap around the beater bar/brush bar?

I gave up on vacuums with a brush because I'd spend hours cutting the hair out of it.

Nice! I love the memory foam but even the best quality stuff is too hot for us. I thought I'd like it b/c I'm usually cold, but even I was waking up having to change my shirt from nightsweats. Right now we have a few layers of the cheap egg carton since it was all I could afford but it gets flattened after a while (and is repurposed as a dog bed). The latex for me is like memory foam but without the heat issue. Is the down really hot? (it's been about 85 in our bedroom during the day and gets down to 75-80 at night but has been so humid)
yes! i love memory foam but i hate how hot it gets. i had the best night's sleep ever on a memory foam mattress, but it was so hot too.

we got a new mattress a few months ago and i love it. it's still got the springs but they're individually wrapped so it really doesn't even feel like they're there. i used to think my mattress back home was the best ever but when i was there, it was so not as comfortable as this one.

I've always had long-haired dogs (a Newf and a Berner), does the dog hair wrap around the beater bar/brush bar?

I gave up on vacuums with a brush because I'd spend hours cutting the hair out of it.

i use the brush bar as we don't have carpets, just tiled floors, and normally all the dog hair gets sucked up into the cylinder just fine - the amount of hair she sheds is astounding and i vacuum and empty the cylinder every day, and the Dyson is handling it really well... the past couple of weeks have been tougher as she's been moulting, shedding huge chunks of hair despite brushing, and some hair did get wrapped around the little wheels on the side of the brush bar for the first time, but didn't get caught in the brush itself - the brush/roller bar is really easy to dismantle and clean - i've found the main problem is mine and my daughter's very long hair (past waist length) - now that does get wrapped in the roller brush - it is an absolute pain! and i have to dismantle and unravel every time! we're worse than the dog for shedding i think lol! :D

ps- there is also another attachment without a brush which might be for carpets?? but i use that on the settee and it works really well with the dog hair too, and no brushes to worry about...

i use the brush bar as we don't have carpets, just tiled floors, and normally all the dog hair gets sucked up into the cylinder just fine - the amount of hair she sheds is astounding and i vacuum and empty the cylinder every day, and the Dyson is handling it really well... the past couple of weeks have been tougher as she's been moulting, shedding huge chunks of hair despite brushing, and some hair did get wrapped around the little wheels on the side of the brush bar for the first time, but didn't get caught in the brush itself - the brush/roller bar is really easy to dismantle and clean - i've found the main problem is mine and my daughter's very long hair (past waist length) - now that does get wrapped in the roller brush - it is an absolute pain! and i have to dismantle and unravel every time! we're worse than the dog for shedding i think lol! :D

ps- there is also another attachment without a brush which might be for carpets?? but i use that on the settee and it works really well with the dog hair too, and no brushes to worry about...

Thanks!
I've got time to think about it and save up.

(My wife has rather long hair, too.)

I have three large double coated dogs and vacuum 3-5 times a week (sometimes every day if it's bad). I've had the DC14 for years now and have not had any problems or reduced performance. Since we've moved, we have almost all hardwoods (though lots of rugs) and one thing I love about my Dyson is that it pulls the hair in, rather than blowing it away from the vacuum like some cheaper vacuums I've used. I've never had dog hair clog the brush, only strings or pieces that got ripped off from worn carpet edges. I check it a few times a year.

Also my van is basically a dog kennel on wheels (no passenger seats, just dog kennels and gear) and I love how the DC14 attachments work. I'm a neat freak so I clean it out once a week.

I decided against the DC24 because after reading reviews it sounds like an overall good vacuum designed mainly for smaller spaces. I need a wicked awesome vacuum for larger spaces. The DC14 has a nice long cord (I think) and I read lots of complains about the DC24 short cord and smaller canister. Also, just pure physics. The full size upright is going to be heavier and suck harder than the lighter compact size.

I'll have to look into the DC32....

ouch carek :(
but it was the car and not you!

sorry no can do the photo thing but

my latest big purchase was anew camera 220$ (with tax)
a auto and manual digital camera Cannon Power Shot SX 130 IS

a mix of savings :heart:, gift $$ and a sibling loan
the camera she had given me 26 month sback when she upgraded is really going on the fritz....
and since i was doing GA for Philly i really needed a new camera!

I'm paying 20% a day for a boxy Ford Flex rental car. Comfy car to drive but not much to look at. Sounds like my Escape is fixable not totaled, but with a $500 deductible I guess that beats more car payments if having to buy another car! Insurance covers 80% of a rental up to $500 but that can happen fast. Why is everything so damned expensive?!!!

My beloved 2006 Mazda 3 died in a huge thunderstorm a couple weeks ago. :( Loved that car... wish I'd known there'd be tons of standing water over that little hill...

But on the bright side, I got this to replace it:

IMG_1077.jpg

IMG_1085.jpg

IMG_1084.jpg

It's pretty sweet. :)

Back
Top Bottom