Post a picture of your latest purchase Part II -Debt is good.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Mom, I don't see YOU offering me any chocolate! Maybe I'll just swim over to their houses right now. Or pull an Abby Sunderland and sail on over. Watcha gonna do to stop me?? :wink:

:sad:

I guess the party is cancelled :happy:

I shouldn't have to offer you anything to clean/help out around the house :grumpy:

I look forward to reading this :up:

karamazov.jpg

:up:

Great summer project!

I've recently seen a documentary about the woman who has translated all of Dostojevski's work into my language (German), it was an excellent movie. She comes from the Ukraine and has been living in Germany for many years now. I went to a congress once where she was speaking, she's very old now but mentally totally fit and an amazing woman. The movie was very interesting, they showed the difficulties of translating such complext text from such a complicated language (Russian) into another language. Since I work in linguistic research, this was totally amazing to see and it gave me a whole new perspective of her work in particular and the work of translators in general.

I've started to buy Dostojevski's big novels in the newly translated versions right now, some of them also have new titles based on her new translation. The first one I got is "Crime and Punishment". Looking forward to reading it.

155.jpg

I :heart: Moleskine notebooks

/designer's fetish

Me too :love: I have so many Moleskine books in all sorts of sizes, but I especially love the small ones for my notes. I take it everywhere with me and I'm always scared to lose it, it's so important to me.

OK, this is what I bought this morning. I have a fasting circle ending tomorrow and this is the first stuff I'll eat for the first few days. I love the summer :love: :drool:

IMG_0246.jpg

Me too :love: I have so many Moleskine books in all sorts of sizes, but I especially love the small ones for my notes. I take it everywhere with me and I'm always scared to lose it, it's so important to me.

:heart: Same! I have a bigger notebook for written bits and pieces and a couple of smaller ones for drawings and little design ideas. Yes I'm a nerd :wink: My sister bought me these for my birthday;

helvetica.jpg

:drool:

Combining two beautiful aesthetics :wink: So yes, I probably have too many but I like to think you can never have enough :up:

I just bought;

8229548x.jpg

Frank Turner :love: Two albums for £5.99 :drool:

Combining two beautiful aesthetics :wink: So yes, I probably have too many but I like to think you can never have enough :up:

So true! I have lots of these notebooks myself and I always get them as presents from other people as well. Whenever I see a beautiful one I just have to buy it. The bigger ones I'm using as diary, the smaller ones as notebooks.

Prescription sunglasses:

sunglasses.jpg

:drool: I just wish I'd gotten my act together sooner, and ordered them a few weeks ago. They'll be done while I'm away next week. Oh well, at least they're finally on the way! :D

Prescription sunglasses:

sunglasses.jpg

:drool: I just wish I'd gotten my act together sooner, and ordered them a few weeks ago. They'll be done while I'm away next week. Oh well, at least they're finally on the way! :D

Cute!

Back
Top Bottom