Post a picture of your latest purchase Part II -Debt is good. - Page 64 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2011, 03:22 AM   #946
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 10:58 AM
I was on eBay tonite and bought the DVD of Arthur with Russell Brand and a new purple and black iPhone cover.

Old 08-05-2011, 05:24 AM   #947
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje View Post
I freaked out and got a Dyson DC24 vacuum on Woot but then canceled the order after, you know, reading about the product, lol. Sounds like it's not going to outperform my older DC14 for what I need from a vacuum.
i recently bought the Dyson DC32 Animalpro as my old vacuum cleaner was fighting a losing battle against Golden Retriever hair!! and it is AMAZING! i am so pleased with it...

Old 08-05-2011, 08:40 AM   #948
has a

Local Time: 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama cass View Post
i recently bought the Dyson DC32 Animalpro as my old vacuum cleaner was fighting a losing battle against Golden Retriever hair!! and it is AMAZING! i am so pleased with it...
I've always had long-haired dogs (a Newf and a Berner), does the dog hair wrap around the beater bar/brush bar?

I gave up on vacuums with a brush because I'd spend hours cutting the hair out of it.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:29 AM   #949
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje View Post
Nice! I love the memory foam but even the best quality stuff is too hot for us. I thought I'd like it b/c I'm usually cold, but even I was waking up having to change my shirt from nightsweats. Right now we have a few layers of the cheap egg carton since it was all I could afford but it gets flattened after a while (and is repurposed as a dog bed). The latex for me is like memory foam but without the heat issue. Is the down really hot? (it's been about 85 in our bedroom during the day and gets down to 75-80 at night but has been so humid)
yes! i love memory foam but i hate how hot it gets. i had the best night's sleep ever on a memory foam mattress, but it was so hot too.

we got a new mattress a few months ago and i love it. it's still got the springs but they're individually wrapped so it really doesn't even feel like they're there. i used to think my mattress back home was the best ever but when i was there, it was so not as comfortable as this one.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:38 AM   #950
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramwest1 View Post
I've always had long-haired dogs (a Newf and a Berner), does the dog hair wrap around the beater bar/brush bar?

I gave up on vacuums with a brush because I'd spend hours cutting the hair out of it.
i use the brush bar as we don't have carpets, just tiled floors, and normally all the dog hair gets sucked up into the cylinder just fine - the amount of hair she sheds is astounding and i vacuum and empty the cylinder every day, and the Dyson is handling it really well... the past couple of weeks have been tougher as she's been moulting, shedding huge chunks of hair despite brushing, and some hair did get wrapped around the little wheels on the side of the brush bar for the first time, but didn't get caught in the brush itself - the brush/roller bar is really easy to dismantle and clean - i've found the main problem is mine and my daughter's very long hair (past waist length) - now that does get wrapped in the roller brush - it is an absolute pain! and i have to dismantle and unravel every time! we're worse than the dog for shedding i think lol!

ps- there is also another attachment without a brush which might be for carpets?? but i use that on the settee and it works really well with the dog hair too, and no brushes to worry about...
Old 08-05-2011, 11:00 AM   #951
has a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama cass View Post
i use the brush bar as we don't have carpets, just tiled floors, and normally all the dog hair gets sucked up into the cylinder just fine - the amount of hair she sheds is astounding and i vacuum and empty the cylinder every day, and the Dyson is handling it really well... the past couple of weeks have been tougher as she's been moulting, shedding huge chunks of hair despite brushing, and some hair did get wrapped around the little wheels on the side of the brush bar for the first time, but didn't get caught in the brush itself - the brush/roller bar is really easy to dismantle and clean - i've found the main problem is mine and my daughter's very long hair (past waist length) - now that does get wrapped in the roller brush - it is an absolute pain! and i have to dismantle and unravel every time! we're worse than the dog for shedding i think lol!

ps- there is also another attachment without a brush which might be for carpets?? but i use that on the settee and it works really well with the dog hair too, and no brushes to worry about...
Thanks!
I've got time to think about it and save up.

(My wife has rather long hair, too.)
Old 08-05-2011, 03:30 PM   #952
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:58 PM
I have three large double coated dogs and vacuum 3-5 times a week (sometimes every day if it's bad). I've had the DC14 for years now and have not had any problems or reduced performance. Since we've moved, we have almost all hardwoods (though lots of rugs) and one thing I love about my Dyson is that it pulls the hair in, rather than blowing it away from the vacuum like some cheaper vacuums I've used. I've never had dog hair clog the brush, only strings or pieces that got ripped off from worn carpet edges. I check it a few times a year.

Also my van is basically a dog kennel on wheels (no passenger seats, just dog kennels and gear) and I love how the DC14 attachments work. I'm a neat freak so I clean it out once a week.

I decided against the DC24 because after reading reviews it sounds like an overall good vacuum designed mainly for smaller spaces. I need a wicked awesome vacuum for larger spaces. The DC14 has a nice long cord (I think) and I read lots of complains about the DC24 short cord and smaller canister. Also, just pure physics. The full size upright is going to be heavier and suck harder than the lighter compact size.

I'll have to look into the DC32....
Old 08-05-2011, 03:31 PM   #953
Loungeroom Dancing Queen

Local Time: 04:58 AM
"double coated dogs" . . . . . . I was imagining dogs double coated in chocolate, you know, like icecream . . .sorry, carry on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carek1230 View Post
I was on eBay tonite and bought the DVD of Arthur with Russell Brand and a new purple and black iPhone cover.
pictures please
Old 08-05-2011, 03:59 PM   #954
Blue Crack Addict

LOL double coat = long, thick top hair and ENORMOUS amounts of fluffy undercoat that sheds year round
Old 08-06-2011, 02:09 AM   #955
Blue Crack Overdose

Body Shop. Rental Car Bill. After these expenses I won't be able to afford to buy ANYTHING for a long, long time.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:20 AM   #956
The Fly

Local Time: 08:58 PM
crys

Quote:
Body Shop. Rental Car Bill. After these expenses I won't be able to afford to buy ANYTHING for a long, long time.

I hate when shit like that happens.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:16 AM   #957
has a

Quote:

Glad you are okay.

Not good to see the coolant running like green blood from out from under the car.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:24 AM   #958
Blue Crack Supplier

ouch carek
but it was the car and not you!

sorry no can do the photo thing but

my latest big purchase was anew camera 220$ (with tax)
a auto and manual digital camera Cannon Power Shot SX 130 IS

a mix of savings , gift $$ and a sibling loan
the camera she had given me 26 month sback when she upgraded is really going on the fritz....
and since i was doing GA for Philly i really needed a new camera!
Old 08-08-2011, 02:03 PM   #959
Blue Crack Overdose

I'm paying 20% a day for a boxy Ford Flex rental car. Comfy car to drive but not much to look at. Sounds like my Escape is fixable not totaled, but with a $500 deductible I guess that beats more car payments if having to buy another car! Insurance covers 80% of a rental up to $500 but that can happen fast. Why is everything so damned expensive?!!!
Old 08-08-2011, 06:08 PM   #960
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

My beloved 2006 Mazda 3 died in a huge thunderstorm a couple weeks ago. Loved that car... wish I'd known there'd be tons of standing water over that little hill...

But on the bright side, I got this to replace it:

It's pretty sweet.