Post a picture of your latest purchase Part II -Debt is good. - Page 63 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-28-2011, 05:58 AM   #931
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
mama cass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,906
Local Time: 09:55 AM
i just bought these really nice quality riding trousers, but in navy and chocolate brown...



i also just bought a new star icing nozzle for cupcakes, and a load of new pretty undies but i won't post pictures of those
__________________

__________________
mama cass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:21 AM   #932
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
mama cass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,906
Local Time: 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje View Post
...and new training gloves - I believe they are for weights but I use them for dog training (to prevent line burns on the hands when doing protection training)
that's interesting about the training gloves Liesje! i've got thru so many pairs of gloves with the horses, especially when they were youngsters - rope burn isn't pleasant! are training gloves fingerless?? i do need fingers on mine... have real trouble finding good gloves as i need them to offer really good protection, but also to be light and sensitive enough to ride in... so i normally end up having to carry two pairs around with me depending on what type of work i'm doing (in-hand or riding)...

i did find some great gloves for winter though, called "Sealskinz" (NOT seal skin i hasten to add! incredibly warm and waterproof, though a little bit chunky)...
__________________

__________________
mama cass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:45 AM   #933
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 02:55 AM
oooooh i never posted this one. got it a couple weeks ago in america.



let's see:
made by kate spade (my favourite handbag maker)? check.
my favourite colour (green)? check.
the purse was on sale? check.
the purse was on an additional sale, thus making it half off the original price? check.
THE PURSE WAS MY FREAKING NAME? check!!
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:23 PM   #934
Blue Crack Addict
 
Liesje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In the dog house
Posts: 19,557
Local Time: 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama cass View Post
that's interesting about the training gloves Liesje! i've got thru so many pairs of gloves with the horses, especially when they were youngsters - rope burn isn't pleasant! are training gloves fingerless?? i do need fingers on mine... have real trouble finding good gloves as i need them to offer really good protection, but also to be light and sensitive enough to ride in... so i normally end up having to carry two pairs around with me depending on what type of work i'm doing (in-hand or riding)...

i did find some great gloves for winter though, called "Sealskinz" (NOT seal skin i hasten to add! incredibly warm and waterproof, though a little bit chunky)...
I probably have an easier time, as my animal weighs about 75lbs and my lines are generally attached to a pinch collar. My main reason for wearing gloves is not so much the burn but I find that the material sucks the moisture from my hands and gives me callouses that crack. I have various types of leather, nylon, tubular nylon, etc and everything but ASAT/biothane seems to dry out my hands, and while I find the ASAT/biothane lines to be very durable, high quality, and easy on the hands, the material absorbs too much of my corrections to the dog. I've spent a lot on various lines for various purposes and ironically right now my favorite/best line is my cheapest nylon line from the pet store that is old and has knots about every foot. I did replace the hardware b/c any leash/line from a pet store or pet chain is not going to hold up. Normally I prefer the gloves that don't have fingertips. My old ones are full fingers but the new ones don't have finger tips. I find that I need my fingertips to put on the dogs' pinch collars and any time it's not winter we're already hot and sweating bullets so I avoid wearing full gloves. We use anything from weight lifting to football to batting gloves. I like ones that have some padding/support and have a more rubbery surface that grips. These are my old ones (with fingers), I think they are Nike batting gloves: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2562/...9174529b_z.jpg
__________________
Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:05 AM   #935
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
mama cass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,906
Local Time: 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje View Post
I probably have an easier time, as my animal weighs about 75lbs and my lines are generally attached to a pinch collar. My main reason for wearing gloves is not so much the burn but I find that the material sucks the moisture from my hands and gives me callouses that crack. I have various types of leather, nylon, tubular nylon, etc and everything but ASAT/biothane seems to dry out my hands, and while I find the ASAT/biothane lines to be very durable, high quality, and easy on the hands, the material absorbs too much of my corrections to the dog. I've spent a lot on various lines for various purposes and ironically right now my favorite/best line is my cheapest nylon line from the pet store that is old and has knots about every foot. I did replace the hardware b/c any leash/line from a pet store or pet chain is not going to hold up. Normally I prefer the gloves that don't have fingertips. My old ones are full fingers but the new ones don't have finger tips. I find that I need my fingertips to put on the dogs' pinch collars and any time it's not winter we're already hot and sweating bullets so I avoid wearing full gloves. We use anything from weight lifting to football to batting gloves. I like ones that have some padding/support and have a more rubbery surface that grips. These are my old ones (with fingers), I think they are Nike batting gloves: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2562/...9174529b_z.jpg
that is a great pic!! amazing dog!!

i haven't thought of using other types of sports gloves before... i will check some out next time i'm at the store... thanks for the recommendations!

lol!! my horses weigh at least 500/575 kg a piece (over 1000 lbs lol), but one is light as a feather and dainty on his feet (thoroughbred cross) and i can normally use my weight to brace against him if he went to run, but only if i get the timing spot on and have time to jump to the side at a right angle and brace myself and again only if i'm wearing good gloves lol!! but the other one is a chunky tank (fjord cross) and could just go if he wanted to - i ended up doing a lot of "grass skiing" behind him when he was a youngster lol!! luckily these days they are sensible and much more obedient, but i do like to be prepared just in case as things can be so unpredictable and dangerous with horses sometimes... if they spooked or got out of control i just wouldn't be able to hold onto them without good gloves, so they really are essential... i get thru tons of Atrixo hand cream too to keep my hands in one piece lol!!
__________________
mama cass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:09 AM   #936
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
mama cass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,906
Local Time: 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
oooooh i never posted this one. got it a couple weeks ago in america.



let's see:
made by kate spade (my favourite handbag maker)? check.
my favourite colour (green)? check.
the purse was on sale? check.
the purse was on an additional sale, thus making it half off the original price? check.
THE PURSE WAS MY FREAKING NAME? check!!
pretty!!!
__________________
mama cass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:53 AM   #937
The Fly
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hell's Kitchen
Posts: 163
Local Time: 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post

I just bought a Leica 35 Summilux ASPH. So I know how you feel! But my bank account is...well....not feeling as happy as I am at the moment. Time to save for a 21 'lux!
__________________
blackhawksjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:52 PM   #938
Blue Crack Addict
 
Liesje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In the dog house
Posts: 19,557
Local Time: 03:55 AM
Got this today (21.5" iMac), didn't pay for it though (work issued)


Sooooo happy to have it. My 2 year old 19" iMac was sucking monkey balls, slowest computer I use, always acting weird and giving me spinning beach balls of death at the most inopportune times. Good riddance!
__________________
Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:43 AM   #939
Blue Crack Supplier
 
IWasBored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 36,505
Local Time: 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje View Post

training shoes (Merrell - only brand I can wear)
merrells are awesome.
__________________
IWasBored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:45 PM   #940
Blue Crack Addict
 
Liesje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In the dog house
Posts: 19,557
Local Time: 03:55 AM
I freaked out and got a Dyson DC24 vacuum on Woot but then canceled the order after, you know, reading about the product, lol. Sounds like it's not going to outperform my older DC14 for what I need from a vacuum.
__________________
Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:38 PM   #941
Loungeroom Dancing Queen
 
Purplereign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: where I can Breathe . . . and it's Magnificent
Posts: 24,782
Local Time: 06:55 PM


. . . not as glamourous as yours Liesje but I flove it . . .
__________________
'You might just as well say, that "I breathe when I sleep" is the same thing as "I sleep when I breathe"!'
Purplereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:03 PM   #942
Blue Crack Addict
 
Liesje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In the dog house
Posts: 19,557
Local Time: 03:55 AM
Heck I'd take that! Down or synthetic? My dream is a latex bed topper. I haven't been happy with any of the memory foam or standard "egg carton" foam I've tried. I have a latex pillow and LOVE it, I've had it for years and it's the same shape/feel it was the day I got it.
__________________
Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:10 PM   #943
Loungeroom Dancing Queen
 
Purplereign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: where I can Breathe . . . and it's Magnificent
Posts: 24,782
Local Time: 06:55 PM
^ it's down . . . we tried the latex and the egg carton jobbies, but the hublet wasn't so keen on the feeling . . . and this! it really is just how I imagine sinking into clouds would feel . . .
__________________
'You might just as well say, that "I breathe when I sleep" is the same thing as "I sleep when I breathe"!'
Purplereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:16 PM   #944
Blue Crack Addict
 
Liesje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In the dog house
Posts: 19,557
Local Time: 03:55 AM
Nice! I love the memory foam but even the best quality stuff is too hot for us. I thought I'd like it b/c I'm usually cold, but even I was waking up having to change my shirt from nightsweats. Right now we have a few layers of the cheap egg carton since it was all I could afford but it gets flattened after a while (and is repurposed as a dog bed). The latex for me is like memory foam but without the heat issue. Is the down really hot? (it's been about 85 in our bedroom during the day and gets down to 75-80 at night but has been so humid)
__________________
Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:32 PM   #945
Loungeroom Dancing Queen
 
Purplereign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: where I can Breathe . . . and it's Magnificent
Posts: 24,782
Local Time: 06:55 PM
suprisingly no! I guess summer will be the real test but for right now it is perfection (last night was the hottest it's been in a while . . . 21celcius and it was awesome!)
__________________

__________________
'You might just as well say, that "I breathe when I sleep" is the same thing as "I sleep when I breathe"!'
Purplereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com