Photographer's Union Part < 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Took my first trip to Yosemite - some photos:

TV.jpg

YFIELD.jpg

ELCAP.jpg

:up: Beautiful photos. I love Yosemite.

:up: Beautiful photos. I love Yosemite.

Thanks - it's an amazing place with all those incredible sights and more within a few miles of each other. It was cloudy the first evening, so I missed out on the sunset light. The next morning had a clearing storm, which is what I got above.
The storm clearing over Tunnel View may be the best sight I've ever seen. I'll have to visit there again during the off-peak season.

Thanks - it's an amazing place with all those incredible sights and more within a few miles of each other. It was cloudy the first evening, so I missed out on the sunset light. The next morning had a clearing storm, which is what I got above.
The storm clearing over Tunnel View may be the best sight I've ever seen. I'll have to visit there again during the off-peak season.

I've been there for all seasons except for winter, which I know must be gorgeous too from photos I've seen. Spring/early summer is probably the best time, IMO because it's the greenest and the waterfalls are absolutely incredible. :love: I love it any time, but in the autumn the falls are dry so you miss out on one of Yosemite's most amazing features.

I think you got lucky getting to see the storm clouds, those are spectacular!

I've been there for all seasons except for winter

Winter is absolutely amazing in Yosemite! Especially if you manage to catch a clearing storm. These are still some of my favorite photos I've ever captured from Yosemite. The first 3 are right after a total whiteout storm started to clear.

IMG_3091bw_zpsd067bea3.jpg

IMG_3066_zps11f24d57.jpg

IMG_3063bw_zpsc56747d0.jpg

IMG_3116_zps9919614a.jpg

IMG_3143bwcrop_zps192f6783.jpg

Beautiful. :up: I really need to go in winter.

One of the more unusual times I was there was the fall of 1987 during one of Yosemite's worst fires. The entire valley was filled with smoke, with almost no visibility. From the valley floor you couldn't see the top of any of the surrounding granite walls. Not good picture taking conditions. :sigh:

Nice winter shots. I'd be afraid to drive there in the snow (too many dropoffs on the side of roads). I'd have to time it right or take a bus.

Took my first trip to Yosemite - some photos:

TV.jpg

YFIELD.jpg

ELCAP.jpg

These are simply stunning. I had hoped to make a small tour of Yosemite while I'm in CA this summer, but it just wasn't in the cards on this trip. Hopefully I'll make it while I'm still ambulatory. :slant:

These are simply stunning. I had hoped to make a small tour of Yosemite while I'm in CA this summer, but it just wasn't in the cards on this trip. Hopefully I'll make it while I'm still ambulatory. :slant:

Thanks. It's a bit remote and sort of a pain to get to from the East Coast, but worth seeing. Summer is overcrowded there, which is why I did it in May.

I just returned from Sweden to find myself in the middle of a horrible heat wave at home :sigh:

Anyway, here are some pictures I took in the late evenings with the sun setting around 10.30 p. m. I loved the light, especially after the thunderstorms that were short but heavy:

Abendstimmung-02_zps80fbc704.jpg

Abendstimmung-04_zpsc8bb69e5.jpg

Regenbogen-01_zpsca9d36f8.jpg

Gewitterstimmung-01_zpsb85a0b2f.jpg

Moewe_zps7c88796a.jpg

Haus_zps1880ebd0.jpg

Abendstimmung-05_zpse0571df6.jpg

Sonnenuntergang-01_zpsbf021c28.jpg

Last year my daughter was the set photographer for an AFI thesis film. Since the film just had its premier in Hollywood last week, I can finally share some of the photos here. She enjoyed the work, though the hours were tough! A great learning experience. These are some of my favorites.

Spendor - An AFI Thesis Film
Dirercted by Eric Yandoc
Producer: Chelsea Marelle Benson
Photos property of the film makers.

Splendor12012chelseapenyak.jpg~original

Splendor22012chelseapenyak.jpg~original

Splendor32012chelseapenyak.jpg~original

Splendor72012chelseapenyak.jpg~original

Splendor62012chelseapenyak.jpg~original

Splendor82012chelseapenyak.jpg~original

Splendor42012chelseapenyak.jpg~original

Splendor152012chelseapenyak.jpg~original

Splendor52012chelseapenyak.jpg~original

Splendor202012chelseapenyak.jpg~original

Splendor162012chelseapenyak.jpg~original

Splendor112012chelseapenyak.jpg~original

I had seen these before, but I love looking at them. What I find interesting with digital photography is that we will never have that sort of visual detachment from the past anymore. Even when we're not talking about black and white, colour prints and transparencies degrade over time and their colour shifts. Photos from my childhood have a distinct orange shift that I immediately associate with nostalgia. Today's children won't experience that. The digital files will always be as they were the day they were taken. I wonder how that will affect the way people think about the past in 20 or 30 years and beyond. It makes me a little sad, to be honest

This one almost looks like a Norman Rockwell painting. The facial expressions are amazing

Colorized-Historical-Photos-201.jpg

Since I lack the balls to sneak in my Canon DSLR at gigs..
Been taking this 3 year old Sony compact camera with me, cost me 99 bucks. Here is a small selection of the pics I shot with it. I'm amazed at the quality of the camera. Its doesn't disappoint:

Kings Of Leon
9261916449_d38a902ecc_b.jpg

Rammstein
9264680878_f46e8fffb7_b.jpg

The Script:
9264708412_3a6a6c00bb_b.jpg

Ilse Delange (Dutch folk artist)
9664299779_ff317398c5_b.jpg

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds
9261914157_a6d6d9d2f0_b.jpg

A Day to Remember
9261901491_f7206a0833_b.jpg

The National
9264729226_c1e17a47f1_b.jpg

Depeche Mode
9241108223_15051277ac_b.jpg

Nice pics domo! Especially the last one. :up::D

Nothing too exciting here but it was a beautiful day and went down to the beach a few minutes from my house and got a few pics of the wild seals there.

SealsLaJolla12-31-2013CP12.jpg~original

SealsLaJolla12-31-2013CP19.jpg~original

SealsLaJolla12-31-2013CP7.jpg~original

SealsLaJolla12-31-2013CP21.jpg~original

SealsLaJolla12-31-2013CP23.jpg~original

and a couple iphone snaps.

LaJolla12-31-2013.jpg~original

LaJolla12-31-2013CP.jpg~original

Does anyone have or have an opinion on the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200?

I'm looking to upgrade my point-and-click. I enjoy taking pictures but am not serious enough to upgrade to DSL. I currently have a "lesser" Panasonic Lumix that has done me well, but based on reading about this model, it seems like it has a better zoom and might take sharper pictures?

I don't know how to do anything fancy yet, so I'm just looking for a step up from my Lumix ZS7.

I'm not 100% sure upgrading is going to get me vastly better picture quality/zoom or not, or if the difference would be so minimal it wouldn't be worth the money. Any thoughts?

I talked to two photographer friends, and both suggested I would be pleased with an upgrade, so yay. Can't wait to get it!

:up: I agree with an upgrade would broaden your perspective's a bit.
Camera's like that Lumix model are really good alrounders. And since you already have a lumix, you'll have the least amount of trouble with figuring out the setings and buttons either. Have fun with it!

Back
Top Bottom