Photographer's Union Part < 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any RDR fans?

Here are a few photos from the set of a small RDR fan film.

Red Dead Redemption - Silk Dog Films. Photos by Chelsea Penyak

RDRSilkDogFilms9-24-2012chelseapenyak9.jpg

RDRSilkDogFilms9-24-2012chelseapenyak25.jpg

RDRSilkDogFilms9-24-2012chelseapenyak8.jpg

RDRSilkDogFilms9-24-2012chelseapenyak20.jpg

RDRSilkDogFilms9-24-2012chelseapenyak23.jpg

RDRSilkDogFilms9-24-2012chelseapenyak24.jpg

RDRSilkDogFilms9-24-2012chelseapenyak21.jpg

RDRSilkDogFilms9-24-2012chelseapenyak11.jpg

RDRSilkDogFilms9-24-2012chelseapenyak5.jpg

RDRSilkDogFilms9-24-2012chelseapenyak3.jpg

RDRSilkDogFilms9-24-2012chelseapenyak16.jpg

RDRSilkDogFilms9-24-2012chelseapenyak17.jpg

Thanks for all the reports guys, nice to hear that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some northern Michigan fall color. Cheap cheap lens and no polarizer so be nice! I just hiked in to exercise my dog and snapped the pics for fun.

8041297594_05289e0acd_z.jpg

8041288906_5b4fb9d32d_z.jpg

8041287358_aecbccfb43_z.jpg

8041278677_7292846864_z.jpg

Love those colours, Lies and the reflections too. Looks like a beautiful place for a hike.

Waiting to get our engagement pics taken in 12 days just to get the glory of the colours in.

I wish I could go back at peak color but this weekend my club is putting on a trial (and I'm raffling dog photography) and then next week/weekend I'll be in Washington, DC.

Some quick shots from my final greek mythology shoot. (Hades and the Boatman)

i-bMpmqQB-L.jpg

i-gX9g3Kd-L.jpg

A couple of quick HDRs (one handheld) from recent trips to Las Vegas and Miami. A lot of the Vegas hotels don't allow tripods inside, unfortunately.

VEGASHDR.jpg

MIAMI_HDR.jpg

Wonderfull casting on the RDR film. Such great stuff to pphotograph. The wear or the clothing, and the faces just make it look very VERY real. Nice shots, especcially a fan of some of the B&W photographs.

Wonderfull casting on the RDR film. Such great stuff to pphotograph. The wear or the clothing, and the faces just make it look very VERY real. Nice shots, especcially a fan of some of the B&W photographs.

Thanks domo! I'll pass on your kind words to the photographer. :) I like the black n whites best too, the one I like most is the guy standing alone with the rifle on the porch. I really like the harshness of the light, it seems to fit the mood. Oh and the abandoned dummy on the ground is another fave. :giggle: My daughter is a big RDR fan, so that was a lot of fun for her.

Thought I'll post this if you guys don't mind.

I have a Nikon D300, been a great camera but I'm looking to upgrade to a Full Frame SLR.

I'm looking for a camera to perform well in low light settings and shoot video too.

Leaning towards the Cannon 5 Mark III. But the Cannon 5 Mark II is priced pretty good. Is it worth $1500 to just get the III.

Leaning towards the Cannon 5 Mark III. But the Cannon 5 Mark II is priced pretty good. Is it worth $1500 to just get the III.

Look into the new full frame 6D as well, coming out soon. I think the III is overpriced compared to what the competition offers. I won't be upgrading to it - if I shot sports/action more I might, however.

I've read and seen screen shot samples of the new d600 and at a high iso there was barely any noise

I know a few people doing the opposite for the D800. A bit premature if you ask me

Yeah, I've never understood people who make "the switch." I read about a guy the other day going from Nikon to Cannon because he believed Canon sensors had an intangible quality that he couldn't get from his Nikon gear. Seriously? I can't imagine the money lost in going from one system to the other.

If you're already invested into the Nikon system, why would you switch to Canon for FF?

I would but my D300 lens (DX) won't work on a Full Frame camera. I mean it will work, but your taking a Full Frame Body and putting on a DX lens, not a full frame lens. Correct?

I would but my D300 lens (DX) won't work on a Full Frame camera. I mean it will work, but your taking a Full Frame Body and putting on a DX lens, not a full frame lens. Correct?

Yes. Putting the DX lens on the FF body would crop the sensor to DX size, defeating the purpose of the FF.

If you only have one lens, then I guess it's not much of a loss. Happy hunting!

(But I have heard horror stories of the Mark II auto-focusing. It might just be internet ranting, but it's something to think about. I haven't used one so I can't give any firsthand knowledge.)

The mkii auto focus is notoriously finicky and there aren't many auto focus points. I've got one, but mostly use manual focus lenses, so it's not much of an issue. Definitely something to consider, but it's a great camera regardless

I'm actually looking at the D600 now.

I've been so focused on the Cannon models I didn't realize Nikon put out a entry level Full Frame. $2500 alot better than $4500. Thanks for the replies though :)

I'm actually looking at the D600 now.

I've been so focused on the Cannon models I didn't realize Nikon put out a entry level Full Frame. $2500 alot better than $4500. Thanks for the replies though :)

Look at the full frame lens lineups that Canon and Nikon offer as well. There are some lens types that one offers and the other does not, or there may be large price disparities between similar lenses.

Back
Top Bottom