Photographer's Union Part < 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I talked to two photographer friends, and both suggested I would be pleased with an upgrade, so yay. Can't wait to get it!

I agree with your friends. You'd love it.

Seriously after 2 years most camera's are seriously outdated compared to their contemporary models. so you can never go wrong with upgrading after that period.

That lumix specs look good, superzoom models are great for allrounding.
it saves you the fus of buying a SLR with a huge lense.
Plus there are actually still alowed at concert venues and festivals.

Go buy yourself a new camera!

Sorry for the shitty english, its not my native language .

I'd consider a mirrorless interchangeable lens camera (such as Sony) as well. The picture quality will be better than the superzoom's. It has a larger sensor and is more compact.

Time to resurrect this thread. I was recently in Seattle for vacation, and spent a day and a half in Olympic National Park.

Sol Duc Forest sun rays
IMG_2498_zps8leeapbs.jpg

A little self portrait with my wife at Sol Duc Falls
IMG_2514a_zps4lul7pko.jpg

Merriman Falls
IMG_2544blur_zpstbv5p33b.jpg

Beautiful! You using ND filters on those I'm assuming?

I just got a new camera, pumped to play with it this long weekend. :)

Photographer's Union Part &lt; 3

Beautiful! You using ND filters on those I'm assuming?)

Thanks! No ND filter, just a tripod. To get the water blurred like that doesn't take very long. A one second exposure is plenty. :) The shot with me and my wife in it was probably closer to a half second.

I have a question for fellow photographers.

I need recommendations on how to shoot in a particular scenario.

a few weeks from now, I have to photograph a wedding reception. Its going to be a fairly informal affair and I'm not a professional photographer so I don't have all kinds of fancy equipment.

The issue I am going to have is that the reception is going to be in a very large barn like structure. Its a very large rectangular room with extremely high ceilings. There are a few chandeliers in the room and other wall mounted lamps which I was told will be lit during the event.

Most receptions I've been to have been fairly dimly lit affairs and considering how large this space is I just know its not going to be well lit.

I'm going to be using a DSLR and I have an external flash which I can mount on top of the camera. Because of the very high ceilings and large overall space, I can forget about bouncing my flash off walls or the ceiling.

I have researched a few products which will enhance or modify my flash so I get a little bit of the soft lighting that I'm shooting for.

1. The Rogue Flash Bender - I can strap this to my flash and hopefully it will spread out the light from my flash a bit more than normal.

2. The Gary Fong Lightsphere - Again, it will go on top of my flash and hopefully, it gives me evenly distributed light around my subjects at least.

Any ideas or recommendations would be appreciated.

Note: I'm not looking to spend a lot of money to buy some expensive equipment since I'm not going to get paid for this activity, I'm strictly doing it as a favor to a friend. I'm willing to spend about 100-150 dollars or so if that can get me some type of equipment which will aid in lighting.

If it's not too late, do you have a rental place nearby? You could rent a lens and maybe an additional external flash that you could tether with the camera. They should also be able to advise on what is the best accessory for the flash.

Some sunset kitsch
IMG_4749 by Leif Hinrichsen

Back
Top Bottom