Photographer's Union Part < 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My friend got this Nikon 50mm f/1.8 D lens. She chose the 1.8 over the 1.4 because she read that the 1.4 does not autofocus as fast. After seeing the results from our most recent flyball tournament I went to the local shop and got the same lens for my D90. I know these are not top quality pics but for a cheap, cheap lens (on a cheap body, she's got an entry level DSLR body) these pictures are really nice. We are not allowed to use any flash at flyball and we compete in fairground buildings that are usually very dark. In fact these photos are deceiving, the lighting was NOT this good! The first picture shows the dog I trained and recently sold, he is the fastest German Shepherd in North America and she actually got a still photo!
8013679671_044c82e873.jpg

8013684324_79697340af.jpg

Me and my dog
8013675407_a5eab7abda.jpg

8013673517_8d1a563cb4.jpg

For comparison, a friend took this photo at a tournament over the summer and probably had at least $1000 more in his body and lens (I cleaned this up a little on the computer)
7367254716_50b7cfc014.jpg

I'm actually looking at the D600 now.

I've been so focused on the Cannon models I didn't realize Nikon put out a entry level Full Frame. $2500 alot better than $4500. Thanks for the replies though :)

What entry level canon are you looking at that costs $4500??? mkiii I assume (Is that considered entry level? Price seems a bit steep still. You should be able to find it for $1000 less than that)? And you can pick up a mkii for much less than $2500

Biting the bullet and getting the Fuji X100 tomorrow. Been wanting one for a long time and found a deal on a used one.

How much? I've been flip flopping on whether to buy one or not... I should

Picked it up this afternoon. Previous owner took great care of it, so it's in almost perfect condition. I've only had a couple of hours to play with it. So far I'm very impressed.

I visited the construction site for our new main railway station (which will be finished in approx. 99 years) on Saturday. They are building a whole new city quater in the area behind the station. There's a tower which was erected next to the construction site that offers quite an amazing view over the area - and the city. Here are some pictures I took:

I guess this will be a bridge for trains sometime in the not so far away future ;)

13-10-12Baustelle_01.jpg

The "forest" we have been getting used to in the last 2,5 years:

13-10-12Baustelle_02.jpg

13-10-12Baustelle_04.jpg

13-10-12Baustelle_05.jpg

The tower from the entrance area:

13-10-12Baustelle_06.jpg

View over the new station ... or what has already been constructed, no train traffic yet, though:

13-10-12Baustelle_08.jpg

Had a paid shoot for an upcoming artist who lives in Tampa, she was visiting Hayward, CA. One of friends knows her and she asked if I could shoot a session with her. Here are some shots from that day.

Everything was shot in Natural Light.

ParrisLove-39-L.jpg

ParrisLove-10-L.jpg

ParrisLove-192-L.jpg

ParrisLove-242-L.jpg

ParrisLove-244-L.jpg

ParrisLove-420-L.jpg

I offer this photo as an example of cool subject matter and circumstance, lol, since these are shitty pictures from a shitty camera. On Friday my cousins were approached by a stranger who offered to let us go on this tour in front of the White House. I guess it is only running/ran for four days and they only let a certain number of people in each time. While we were standing about 30 feet from the Oval Office window, President Obama came past the window, pulled his suit jacket on, and then came outside and waved.
8110858398_a7fa6064a4.jpg

8110875692_4f29fde705.jpg

Does anyone own the new Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG lens? It has great reviews - getting ready to pull the trigger on it.

SIGMA.jpg

Yeah, man. Locks and text are HAWT. Owner-protected content, whew.

Back
Top Bottom