Band-aid

Local Time: 01:49 AM
Dolly

Cranky

Pheobe

Old 01-13-2009, 07:49 PM   #17
Jesus Online

Awwwwwwwww!!! Can I come and visit you?? My sister is moving up to Denman in a couple of weeks. I won't hassle you much, just play with your kids

Old 01-13-2009, 07:53 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

We don't have any kids yet - we had a stillbirth Monday

Hopefully a few kids in a couple of months
Old 01-13-2009, 07:55 PM   #19
Jesus Online

Sorry about the monday baby

I was going to ask if Phoebe was up the duff or just likes her food and Cleo also looks roly poly
Old 01-13-2009, 08:00 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Thanks

Pheobe might be preggers, i dunno, but she's also a pig. And Cleo was the one who had the stillbirth the other day.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:01 PM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:49 AM
I love Goats!!!!

My first pet was a stray dog named Cookie, I was only two and picked her up and dropped her, so my mother decided to give him away

Then I had a crazy cat that we brought home in a box on the bus!

I had a tank of fish.

A poodle named FiFi.

Another cat named Missy, that's when I found out I was allergic.

A dog named Max.

A dog named Nugget.

A hamster named Ozzie. Ozzie passed away in Sept.

And now my current baby Riley.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:40 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Growing up we had dogs and a bunch of other critters (never cats - my Mom hates them).

Two turtles named Timmy and Korny.

Five zebra finches named Madonna, Pele, Elvis, Dinah and Peepo.

A bunny named Tina Turner.

And two chickens that remained nameless since my Mom flipped out when my Dad bought them for us and they were returned to a life on the farm shortly thereafter.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:04 PM   #23
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 06:49 AM
We always had pets growing up and I think pets are great for kids! We had tanks of fish, a parakeet named Dickie Bird (who liked to get out and fly into only my dad's dinner plate only when we had any gravy & he landed right in the pool of gravy each time like it was a birdbath) then we had a dachsund named Fritzie. When we got transfered to Huntsville Ala we got a dalmation we named Dixie and we had turtles and goldfish. Then we added cats. One of the cats had a litter of kittens we watched being born on the 4th of July and we named them Yankee, Doodle & Dandy (the 3 of 5 that survived).

When I got married we had a pup named Brandy who chewed everything so we gave her away. Later we got another dog at the pound named Lady who was so good with our son when he arrived. Just before Lady had to be put down we got 2 kittens (sisters from the same litter we named Sugar and Shadow). Then we added our present dog, JRT we named Charger who we rescued from another family 8 yrs ago. Charger was terrorizing the cats so we gave them to a friend.

When Charger's time is done with us I would get another JRT, after a grieving period, because I just love how loyal they are and how intelligent.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:37 AM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Old 01-17-2009, 01:00 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Hewson, your birdie is adorable!

I have a parakeet named Boo, he's the first pet I've had since moving out of my parents' house. I love him! When I was a kid, I had 2 parakeets. The first one was Friskey (I know, it's spelled wrong, we were kids) and the second was Mickey.

Here's a picture of Boo in his cage:

And here he is playing with a bell. He loves bells:

Old 01-17-2009, 08:21 AM   #26
Refugee

Location: The Mighty Jagrafess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxaroedenfoe
Local Time: 02:49 PM
My first pet was a cat that I think my mum must've had when I was a baby. She was called Sally and one of my earliest memories are looking down form my high chair and seeing this black & white cat sipping water from a bowl. Other cats I've had are Tabby who was a small tortoishell, and Jeremy who was a ginger cat who was a stary and we took him into our student house. When we moved out of the house he was taken in by one of my housemates aunts. We've been up to see her and he's doing fine.

We had a dog who was a crossbread between a dachound and an alsation who was called Toby. I've had goldfish which were half the lengh of my little finger. They must be one of the most difficult creatures to look after. You have to get the water chemical levels just right else they are prone to all these disseases. And if they're that small once they getting a bit of tail rot no matter what you give them, it doesn't make them any better. This is because they have no immune system. The thing is I checked the water and the levels were perfect acoording to the guide. Plus they had fresh water plants, a good pump, a toy log and they were in a proper tank. I know people who keep goldfish for years in cheap plastic bowls. I reckon they must have got stressed as I was taking them home from the pet shop. I don't know how the fish you win at fairgrounds survive.

My favourite pets at the moment are hamsters. The first one I had was when I was 5 and I called him Wally. At the moment I've got 3: Joy (silver & white), Frieda (white & peach) and Malcolm who we got after Al died (brown with long fur). The only drawback with them is that they only live for two years, and Joy will be two in May. I will miss that little rodent.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:56 AM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

We have two rabbits now. One called Napoleon because he is both very small and very angry and one called Marbles (seemingly he's lost his, he is so dopey)

(Marbello)

(Nap)
Old 01-18-2009, 11:59 AM   #28
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:49 AM
Bunnies and Guinea Pigs and Goats?!?!?! This might be the greatest thread ever
Old 01-20-2009, 11:51 AM   #29
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 10:49 AM

In addition to two dogs, I have ten fish. Other pets I've had in the past besides dogs and cats are hamsters, guinea pigs, rabbits, frogs, newts, turtles, and a mouse.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Bonochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:39 PM   #30
Refugee

Location: The Mighty Jagrafess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxaroedenfoe
I would love to have guinea pigs. My friend had 3 famales and they were fascinating the way they sort of communicate with each other. Although hamsters are usually mute Joy does make a kind of chuckling noize when she gets cross, particularly when I open her cage to get her out. Recently she's been making these sounds that a cross between wooshing and faint chuckling, it's as though she's snoring. Frieda has always been a loud squeaker. When I walk through the living room in the morning she always without fail squeaks once as if she's saying hello. Some people say they are boring creatures but they don't know the charm hamsters possess and even how such tiny things can have their own 'personality'.