Part-time jobs with benefits?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarityat3am

I Serve Larry's Stick
What places out there, besides Starbucks, offer benefits to part-time employees and pay say, at least $15ish an hour? Just curious if anyone out there might know of some places?

Not sure if there's a Trader Joe's grocery store near you but after 3 months, they offer decent benefits and vacation time as long as you work a certain amount of hours a week. I think it's 14. I worked there briefly in between full-time jobs and it's also a pretty good workout, lifting heavy things all day long and running all over the store.

Maybe Costco? I dunno about part-time but I do know that they pay well and treat their people well.

not too sure about this, but the government might provide benefits for part time jobs. if you do find one, let me know because i'm considering finding a part-time job as well. :D

yoda.jpg

Wow, I left this thread alone for a minute and this is what happened? :lol:

Thanks for the help though. I'll check on the prostitute job as soon as I can. :up:

I don't know how much they pay, but Home Depot pays benefits to part-time workers. And I also think some of the express/package couriers (Fed Ex, DHL, UPS) pay benefits for their package sorters.

I just left my job, they tacked me down to part time but it's $14 an hour, no benefits.....sorry I just realized that as i was posting.

Try a huge grocery store. Here in Chicago a great one is Jewel, although I doubt they pay you over $7 an hour, but you do get benefits.

Maybe try waiting tables at a popular resturant. I know a friend of mine has worked at Red Lobster, Thursdays-Sunday evenings for the past few years and he's made at least $90 a night in take home from tips, Fridays and Saturdays he averaged $250 and I believe he had benefits from them.

Wow, I left this thread alone for a minute and this is what happened? :lol:

Thanks for the help though. I'll check on the prostitute job as soon as I can. :up:

There are some helpful things in here, I was just going by Canadian standards of course.

Have you checked into any of the suggestions here? Some stores have benefits for permanent part time people - not sure who would pay the $15 though.

And I also think some of the express/package couriers (Fed Ex, DHL, UPS) pay benefits for their package sorters.

Exactly what I was going to mention.

FedEx offers benefits for their part-time employees, but I don't think they start at $15 an hour. Starting at $15 an hour seems like a lofty goal for a PT job.

Exactly what I was going to mention.

FedEx offers benefits for their part-time employees, but I don't think they start at $15 an hour. Starting at $15 an hour seems like a lofty goal for a PT job.
thirding this. fedex's hub is here so i've known lots of people who've worked there. not sure how much they start at, since it's been a while since i've known anyone there with an entry level position. (or any position for that matter.)

Thanks for all of the suggestions! I'm going to look into these fairly soon as I've just decided to actually make happen the idea of going back to college full time to finally finish! Wish me luck and send me financial aid suggestions! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom