Our hobbies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miss_Pop

The Fly
I think every person has something he is into: drawing, composing music, writing poems etc. Let's have the theme dedicated to our hobbies!

p.s.: Sorry if there is already the topic like this - I haven't found it.

Poker and dancing. But dancing not so much anymore. Photography too, in the sense that I enjoy taking pictures of pretty much everything.

Sculpting really nerdy things because I was obsessed with Starwars as a kid. But dont tell anybody

Dancing, dancing, dancing..

I used to be heavily into drawing, painting, and writing. I swear, one day I'll start up again. :shrug:

117891d1249164999animat.gif

As big of a dork that I am, I don't really have any hobbies, per se.

Interests, sure. But nothing like collecting anything, crafting anything, etc. I used to collect baseball cards as a kid, comics too, but that ended in HS or so.

My Dad collects pens. But he's illiterate. He's not really illiterate, I just like to say he is to get back at him for beating me as a kid.

Illegally procuring, analyzing and subsequently critiquing musical recordings.

It's far less daring than it sounds.

As big of a dork that I am, I don't really have any hobbies, per se.

Interests, sure. But nothing like collecting anything, crafting anything, etc. I used to collect baseball cards as a kid, comics too, but that ended in HS or so.

My Dad collects pens. But he's illiterate. He's not really illiterate, I just like to say he is to get back at him for beating me as a kid.

I've kind of stopped collecting the cards myself, but not because I stopped enjoying it. I had a huge f-ing collection with a lot of personal highlights (Mike Piazza's rookie card for example). Then, when I was 14, our basement flooded, which was where my room was, and all of my stuff was ruined if it was knee level on the floor, which my entire collection was and now, while I still have the majority of them, they're all pretty much ruined. It is a sad tale, I know. Anyways, I still pick them up every so often, but my heart isn't into it the way it once was.

I've kind of stopped collecting the cards myself, but not because I stopped enjoying it. I had a huge f-ing collection with a lot of personal highlights (Mike Piazza's rookie card for example). Then, when I was 14, our basement flooded, which was where my room was, and all of my stuff was ruined if it was knee level on the floor, which my entire collection was and now, while I still have the majority of them, they're all pretty much ruined. It is a sad tale, I know. Anyways, I still pick them up every so often, but my heart isn't into it the way it once was.

My highlight would be my Rickey Henderson rookie card. It's somewhere in my parent's apartment. It's not in mint but it's fairly well preserved.

That flood sucks ass. Fuck that flood.

A lot of people are listing stuff I never considered to be a "hobby" but if you go by the definition of the word, I'm wrong....so, in no particular order:

reading
writing
travel
listening to music
watching films
following and watching and playing sports (though, playing sports is an activity, but whatever)

I don't really consider my writing to be a hobby.

I do collect copies of Nabokov's Lolita, though. Different publication dates, different covers. I recently found one in a used book store from 1982. The picture of Lo on the cover is so early eighties it's fantastic. It was a good find.

I do collect copies of Nabokov's Lolita, though. Different publication dates, different covers. I recently found one in a used book store from 1982. The picture of Lo on the cover is so early eighties it's fantastic. It was a good find.

I think this is a cool hobby

A lot of people are listing stuff I never considered to be a "hobby"

So then, definition aside, what do you consider to be hobby-like activity? Collecting stuff??

Sicy, that kinda sucks you don't dance anymore. I liked your salsa dancing videos. You were really great at it.

Ashley, that flood story is just awful. Hopefully you've found a new hobby to be as passionate about?

If hobby is considered to be collecting or accumulating things, then this would probably be my list:

- phone numbers
- bar tabs
- douchebag men
- student loans

I should probably try collecting stamps or something. It would be less of a burden than the list above.

Not really anything I'd consider a hobby. Except maybe collecting cheap DVDs that I'll never watch.

Sicy, that kinda sucks you don't dance anymore. I liked your salsa dancing videos. You were really great at it.

Thanks that's nice of you to say. The ballroom where I used to dance moved locations and the new location is much smaller, the floors suck, and its just a whole different vibe so I kind of stopped going. And when you go to clubs its just too packed and sweaty, and there's no room to dance. There's also alcohol served so then guys get drunk and pretend like they know how to dance but they're really just there to pick up so it kind of sucks when you all you want to do is dance.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom