Our hobbies - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2010, 04:09 AM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicy View Post
Thanks that's nice of you to say. The ballroom where I used to dance moved locations and the new location is much smaller, the floors suck, and its just a whole different vibe so I kind of stopped going. And when you go to clubs its just too packed and sweaty, and there's no room to dance. There's also alcohol served so then guys get drunk and pretend like they know how to dance but they're really just there to pick up so it kind of sucks when you all you want to do is dance.

hey girl, Im a little surprised too you dont dance so much. I guess re-location has ruined the atmosphere it once gave you. I agree about dance clubs, I used to try and dance on the floor but suddenly you'd have these people movin in round ya and so you have no more room. ugh!

I actually confess i have NO hobby at the moment. LMAO! yep! it was art but that was last year and a wrong class. So really, in a few months, dance should be the new one. but being in-between what I want to do sucks pretty bad - and yea I may have said this same thing months ago, my fault for gettin my own ass trapped into too deep a hole, I guess - due to circumstances over past 2 years.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:06 AM   #32
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:24 PM
* training-showing-competing with dogs (German Shepherds)
* dog club - I am the secretary and web master so I do all the administrative stuff, market the club and our events
* photography - doing my own stuff but I also photograph dog events for the Working Dog Association and 24KPhoto
* gymnastics - don't do it anymore but still follow it
* since it is summer, finding ways to be outdoors whether it's yard work, walking/biking dogs, going to the beach...
* I'm on the computer a lot and like to have something to "research" so right now I'm looking into what tent to buy, a new bike, and finding the perfect rental for a family reunion summer 2011. I love to shop, don't care what it is, who it's for, or if it's something I'll actually follow through with.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:50 AM   #33
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I've kind of stopped collecting the cards myself, but not because I stopped enjoying it. I had a huge f-ing collection with a lot of personal highlights (Mike Piazza's rookie card for example). Then, when I was 14, our basement flooded, which was where my room was, and all of my stuff was ruined if it was knee level on the floor, which my entire collection was and now, while I still have the majority of them, they're all pretty much ruined. It is a sad tale, I know. Anyways, I still pick them up every so often, but my heart isn't into it the way it once was.
This is super shitty Not just that the cards were ruined, but that it also took away your passion for something you put a lot of effort into. I hate when stuff like that happens
Old 06-21-2010, 10:02 AM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In Larry Land...Mr. Mullen has dragged me over to the dark side. Who knew this place was made of hardwood floors :P
Local Time: 09:24 PM
Anything outdoors: Camping, fishing, hiking, etc.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:41 PM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje View Post
I'm on the computer a lot and like to have something to "research" so right now I'm looking into what tent to buy, a new bike, and finding the perfect rental for a family reunion summer 2011. I love to shop, don't care what it is, who it's for, or if it's something I'll actually follow through with.
You probably already know about it, but vrbo.com has been a great source for the mountain rentals that my family has gotten over the last year. Much easier (& usually cheaper!) than going through an agency. Matter of fact, I've been searching their site for locations outside Dublin for the trip Kelly & I want to take in 2012.

And Sicy, I miss your salsa photos/videos, also. Although they're nice, your photographs of new In-n-Out restaurants just aren't as exciting.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:01 PM   #36
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
This is super shitty Not just that the cards were ruined, but that it also took away your passion for something you put a lot of effort into. I hate when stuff like that happens
To continue my sob story, I don't think I would've lost my passion the way I did if it hadn't been for the fact that the landlord, the people who lied to us and said they'd repaired the home to where flood damage was no longer possible, declared bankruptcy during the law suit, so I didn't get anything out of it, not even a chance to start over.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:14 PM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Reading is my hobby, so is making themed CDs (ie, love songs, Celtic music, etc.)

But my biggest hobby is my royalty blog. Yep, you read that correctly - I blog about the world's royal families and have been doing that for two years this coming July 2nd. I like covering this topic for two reasons: A) I adore history, and there's a lot of history related to monarchies and I like to see how the future royalty unfolds since it has an uncertain future, particularly in Europe. B) its like following celebrities for me. Some people like to read everything about Angelina Jolie, Miley Cyrus, Megan Fox, etc. I on the other hand like to read about Kings, Queens, Princes, Princesses, etc.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:03 AM   #38
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 07:24 PM
Quote:
it kind of sucks when you all you want to do is dance.
YouTube - Don Henley-All She Wants To Do Is Dance
Old 06-22-2010, 09:10 AM   #39
Refugee

Right now golf and gardening--I love anything that gets me outside in the warm weather!
Old 06-22-2010, 09:09 PM   #40
Neon Zebra

Local Time: 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl View Post
But my biggest hobby is my royalty blog.
Would you be willing to PM me the link?

I'd like to check it out.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:18 PM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Thanks that's nice of you to say. The ballroom where I used to dance moved locations and the new location is much smaller, the floors suck, and its just a whole different vibe so I kind of stopped going. And when you go to clubs its just too packed and sweaty, and there's no room to dance. There's also alcohol served so then guys get drunk and pretend like they know how to dance but they're really just there to pick up so it kind of sucks when you all you want to do is dance.
Ugh, I definitely know what you mean! You can't really dance in the clubs like you do at the studio. Drunk guys ruin everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post

When I sense that you're sober I'll elaborate.
You've got just under 2 hours before I start drinking again.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:49 PM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:24 AM
- tennis
- football
- cycling
- music
- playstation

That's my life.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:13 PM   #43
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:24 PM
Eating potato chips +fuckyeah+
Old 06-25-2010, 10:30 PM   #44
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:24 PM
Running, swimming, reading, travel and photography. Oh yeah, and watching hockey (if that can be considered a hobby ).
Old 06-26-2010, 01:52 AM   #45
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:54 AM
For me:

- Tennis ...
- ... among other sports.
- Looking at architecture
- Designing thangs (buildings etc.) on SketchUp
- Music
- Surfin' the net

etc.