OMG Canadian TV is C.R.A.Z.Y.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

The tobacco industry in the US makes too much money for them to ever dream of using graphic images to deter people, especially the young'uns, from smoking.

Yeah, we also have huge taxes. It's like $10/pack here, and most of that is tobacco tax. It's much cheaper in the US to get people hooked.

GibsonGirl said:
And wait. You guys telling me that graphic pictures are NOT used on American cigarette packs?! I figured it would be a trend across North America, considering the North American attitude towards smoking. I guess Canada's just really fucked up when it comes to graphic advertisements.

Nope.

camelfront.jpg

camelback.jpg

In fact, it tells a story on the back about how great they are :|

Christ if I had to look at those pics every time I smoke it would probably encourage me to quit.

You think the commercials are bad, we had an awareness group come to the school once, and the stories they can tell.....

Btw, if your boss asks you to climb into the blender at the bakery to help clean and unclog it...for gawds sake don't do it you idiot!!!!

Natural selection at work people.

~BrightestStar~ said:

Btw, if your boss asks you to climb into the blender at the bakery to help clean and unclog it...for gawds sake don't do it you idiot!!!!

Natural selection at work people.
Aww, ewww.

Alright, after repeated viewing these get funnier and funnier.....I love how someone always shouts

there's been an accident!!!!!!

:lol:

The commis chef's shitty acting cracks me up after a couple watches.

I actually see Canadian TV all the time, but I've only seen the construction worker one a few times; I have never seen any of the others.

I think it's a good idea because these things happen to real people and it's important for the sake of working class/lower middle class employees who are exploited. The pubic, including myself, wouldn't know about these things otherwise.

Good for the Canadian government for not censoring these things, and supporting worker interests.

I haven't see those commercials either, Dave. Either I'm not watching very much TV right now (which is true) or else they just don't play them here in BC.

it's part of a plan. if we don't tell the coastal provinces eventually they'll sucumb to darwin award type activities and ontario/quebec will be able to takeover. bet you didn't know ont/quebec were working together on this, did you? notice there are no oil rig ads? here's looking at you alberta, you're next on the takeover list :)

I haven't seen these on tv either, but mind you, I always switch to another channel when a commercial comes on.....especially those Global news adverts.

Well, we do have profanity and nudity on our network tv too. We are a nation of heathens.:wink:

When people ask me what's the difference between the US and Canada, that would be it. Nudity and profanity on tv:) .......and we pronounce words with the prefix PRO- like the O in low and not like bra.

trevster2k said:
Well, we do have profanity and nudity on our network tv too. We are a nation of heathens.:wink:
I miss "Bleu Nuit"... (inside joke for Eastern Ontario and Quebec residents!)

UberBeaver said:
How would one go about getting a job that require writing those ads, cause that would be awesome. :D I'd like to make one about getting eaten by moose, or beaten to a pulp by the Mounties, or maybe something with Bullwinkle and Rocky, or drowning in the snow, or trying to escape across the border and having those lunatics on the ATV shoot you, or the dangers of messing with the Hart Foundation, or going to the Bell Center to root for the Leafs (or vice versa), or ordering poutine and it's so hot you burn your mouth and almost choke to death on the embers that were once your tongue, or wrestling a polar bear, or trying to swim across a lake and a pack of beavers just fuck your shit up, or telling VintagePunk that David Gilmour sucks, or telling locals how you really feel about Nickelback and the Bear Naked Ladies or.... you know. Stuff like that. I think I'd enjoy that.
:lol: I haven't had a proper poutine in over a decade. Apparently, you can only get real poutine in Quebec. Other areas of Canada may call it poutine, but it supposedly tastes a lot worse. I used to love mooching that stuff of other kids at the lunch table in elementary school. I knew no shame.

David Gilmour the writer/film critic? He's an obnoxious jerk. I hate Nickelback and Bare Naked Ladies, too, but there are far worse bands in Canada: Sum 41, for example. Avril Lavigne pisses me off, too. And Shania Twain can't even create a moderately catchy melody; she's awful! What's worse is our music awards are even more commercial than the Grammys; it's all driven by Canadian corporations getting awards for awful music artists. I only found out about Arcade Fire from U2's Adam Clayton, not from Canadian music stations.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom