OK, so crisps or potato chips?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dani California

Acrobat
:wave:

OK, so crisps or potato chips right? I swear I have some sort of mad craving for them this past week, what the heck is wrong with me!!:lol: I usually have crisps a few times a week but can take them or leave them but lately its like I'm craving them.........I swear I had at least 3 packets the other day:ohmy: I cannot get enough of them.

I'm not pregnant or anything so what the hell can it be? I thought maybe lacking something in my diet as I'm vegetarian, anyone any ideas? I sometimes get cravings like this, last time it was chocolate, but now its bloody crisps. Agggh help!!:lol::D

funny you should mention it... my english girlfriend sheila hurtz (with the r pronounced very softly) has taken a liking to psmythe filter 100 menthols. she's gotten me a bit hooked on them, too.

to me...

crisps are pringles.
potato chips are any other kind of...potato chip. :lol:
chips are those sort of fries like...i can't picture them right now but they're a little bit thicker. like with fish and chips in fake english pubs.
french fries are anything else.

imo, chips are chips.

crisps are chips, fries are chips...as are those thicker ones katie mentioned above.

i know with my family/friends it all makes sense depending on the context of the word chip.

in a restaurant or whatever, i'll have chips = i'll have fries.
i'd like a bag of chips = i'll have some potato chips.

context people. context.

imo, chips are chips.

crisps are chips, fries are chips...as are those thicker ones katie mentioned above.

i know with my family/friends it all makes sense depending on the context of the word chip.

context people. context.
:cute:

though this leads me to another question...is it coke, soda, pop, etc.?

Pop at home

Soda most other places I've been

Apparently Coke in Texas, but fuck that. Dr. Pepper is not now, nor will it ever be (I hope) a coca-cola product.

i noticed :cute:

coke = pepsi in new zealand, too.

i'm going to need to get my study on.

tbh i've never heard anyone say "i want a coke" when they mean any soda in general. any time someone's ordered a coke, it's because they wanted coke. though obvs if the place serves pepsi they'll be all "is pepsi okay?" but yeah.

tbh i've never heard anyone say "i want a coke" when they mean any soda in general. any time someone's ordered a coke, it's because they wanted coke. though obvs if the place serves pepsi they'll be all "is pepsi okay?" but yeah.
get ready to be weirded out. obviously, coke = pepsi only refers to coke type products.

it's not like you'll get a fanta or whatever if you ask for coke.

Seriously then, you've never been to Texas.

"I'll have a coke"

"What kind of coke?"

"Dr. Pepper"

And then I start firebombing.

get ready to be weirded out. obviously, coke = pepsi only refers to coke type products.

it's not like you'll get a fanta or whatever if you ask for coke.
heehee. yeah, back when i regularly drank coke, if a place only had pepsi, i'd still say coke, out of habit and because i wouldn't have checked the menu to see if they served coke or pepsi.

Seriously then, you've never been to Texas.

"I'll have a coke"

"What kind of coke?"

"Dr. Pepper"

And then I start firebombing.
:grumpy: yeah, i've never been to texas but i've heard of that. wtf!

i remember seeing some american dialect quiz a year or so ago that dealt wif pronunciations and such to determine what part of the country you're from. i remember the coke/pop/soda/some other option i forget was one of the questions.

soft drink for anything that is not the coke brand coca cola.
:tsk:

imo, chips are chips.

context people. context.

(My grandfather calls them "chipped potatoes", which I find hilarious).

imo, chips are chips.

context people. context.

You mean a... chup?

Back
Top Bottom