Ok Pet Owners Do you have Insurance - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Old 06-06-2012, 08:11 PM   #76
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 04:14 AM
Titles basically tell me that *someone* took the time to train the dog, enter the dog in trials, and put the dog's training out there for formal review. I must see titles to consider a breeding but the titles indicate that the dog is worth a closer look. How I really feel about the dog depends on what I see, both in training and on the trial field, and what can be deduced based on the pedigree. Also with the popularity of the breed, there's no reason I wouldn't look for titled breeding dogs. If I intend to do Schutzhund, why *not* buy a dog whose parents and ancestors were successful at Schutzhund? For me the gray area tends to be the age of the dog. I'm willing to take a gamble buying dogs by or out of younger breeding dogs that may not be completely titled or titled but still aspiring to competing at a higher level. Nikon's dam was SchH1 when I got him and she is now SchH3. Pan's sire was just SchH3 (though he was only SchH1 when I first saw him in person and decided to keep and eye on him) and has been training for national competition. I see titles like a BA - for most professional type jobs you have to at least have a BA to even get an interview, but just having the BA isn't going to get you the job, you know?

Liesje is online now   Reply With Quote