Nyc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alan Jamison

War Child
I'll be in New York August 13, friends. Will be touristing with the fam. Where can I find a good bar with multiple craft beer selections in Manhattan? :wave:

Top Hops Beer Shop in the Lower East Side is good. But I would suggest going to Tørst in Greenpoint, one of my favorite beer bars anywhere.

TØRST

Tørst is too Evil Twin heavy for me. Not that I dislike Evil Twin, but to me it's an Evil Twin BrewPub given a fancy name to hide the fact that it's an Evil Twin BrewPub... which is fine, but it disqualifies it from my list for that reason.

Yes, I have a list ������

Ha. I'm not that much of an expert, so I'll trust your opinion on this one. Do share your list.

Ok, here's another one I like: Brouwerij Lane in Greenpoint. Nice place to sit for two hours while waiting for your table at Paulie Gee's. Now, I don't think Paulie Gee's is worth that wait (heresy, I know); there are at least 6-7 Neapolitan pizzas that I prefer in New York.

Last edited:
Ha. I'm not that much of an expert, so I'll trust your opinion on this one. Do share your list.

Ok, here's another one I like: Brouwerij Lane in Greenpoint. Nice place to sit for two hours while waiting for your table at Paulie Gee's. Now, I don't think Paulie Gee's is worth that wait (heresy, I know); there are at least 6-7 Neapolitan pizzas that I prefer in New York.
Alewife, The Jeffrey, Pony Bar, Blind Tiger, Stags Head, Spritzenhaus, Tørst

And not quite craft beer bars but still go to's would be Flatiron Hall, The Standard even though it gets very broey at times, and Bierocracy. Oh and City Swiggers for the take home.

Bierrera on top of Eataly used to be great until everyone realized it was there. Now it's only good on off peak times.

Great, thanks. Will definitely try some of those I haven't been to.

Agree that Bierrera was great, but it's a hassle there unless you show up at like 11am on a Tuesday.

Back
Top Bottom