Nothing changes on New Year's Day...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Just_Boy

The Fly
Time for new year's resolutions.

1. I resolve to start making Hydrogen again.(just bought a 9V DC adapter) But this time I shall not pop it straightaway but I'll design an apparatus capable of storing it effectively...so that i can pop it later.
  2. Drive more carefully, my parents are starting to notice the dozens of dents and scratches in my car. I will keep an extra safe distance when driving behind police cars. And I'll use higher gears to save fuel.
  3. Gain weight for Tae Kwon Do. At least 17 pounds. I'm too slow for my current weight category.
  4. Memorize the chemical name of Titin
    Methionylthreonylthreonylglutaminylalaylglutaminylprolylleucylglutaminylserylserylthreonylalanylthreonylphenylalanrylglycylphenylalanylprolylvalylprolyllanylarginylaspartylglycylglutaminylva…....... :doh:
  5. Let go of my severely overclocked Pentium 4 and get a dual core.
  6. Try to be a bit more punctual. I think I'll switch my clock from GMT+9 to GMT+10.
  7. Get an email account using my actual name and I'll also try to figure out why I need so many email accounts.
  8. Learn Photoshop
  9. If a joke is really funny, I will not reply, "LOL...LOL... LOL!"
  10. And most importantly, I'll go to India and appear in IIT-JEE. No kidding. The most bad ass engineering entrance test in whole south Asia. In 2010, roughly 470,000 students competed for about 10,000 seats. (i.e. only 2% get through). I really need to do some preparation as most of them start preparing for IIT-JEE right after entering kindegarten. The cut offs for each subject ranges from -50 to +10 out of a total of about 200. That says it all.

It's kind of a bet. Once an English teacher asked me what the longest word in English language was, and I said "The IUPAC name of Titin". He really got pissed because he believes that names of chemical compounds don't qualify as words

Then he claimed it was "Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis" and told me to memorize it. I was like... fuck off ! But next week he asked me again and somehow I ended up saying Titin !. Then he said if I could memorize it, he'd be happy to recognize it as the longest word.

Actually I'm trying to memorize it's structure rather then the name.

"Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis"

when i was in 4th or 5th grade, knowing how to spell that was the geeky kids' way of trying to make fun of the other kids who always picked on them (i guess like calling them troglodytes and then laughing at them when they didn't know what the word meant). i remember not being too impressed, once you get past the pneu-, which you should have seen coming if you knew how to spell pneumonia, it's pretty much exactly how it sounds.

:rolleyes:

Aww, but Photoshop is fun :)
that was going to be my response!

Yes , J_B -it can be work, too.
But, as an artisitc creative type creating art & things - the joys usally outway the more difficult parts!

I see J_B you're from Timor-L____
(I dodn't know the relatively new designation after? talks suceeded). For a short while a roommate of mine was from Timor.

One reason I loves The Internetz!

(and I was thinking wow not only is that an extremely competitive engineering ?exam....it's far away ! But then I just happen to glance band saw your location. Not so far relatively speaking.

My Major NYD Rez's >
Make more art of several kinds!
Start losing weight again.
Go to gym (it's pay per month).
Cook more from scratch again!

IWB
I am a bad speller but i could remember at least how to say the PnUMSVCosis one! [ if you think I was going to back and spell the whole thing out-you were sadly mistaken :wink:]:hmm: Of course I could have cut & pasted. :D
As soon as I read the Titin "word" I remembered that one also taught to me in 6th grade! :lol:

(also this was some years before the word "nerd" was used, let alone "geek"!)

quit smoking
get fit (mainly to lose a bit of weight, starting to get chubby)
do well in my final year of school
try get well known locally for my band
eat less shit crap food

(and I was thinking wow not only is that an extremely competitive engineering ?exam....it's far away ! But then I just happen to glance band saw your location. Not so far relatively speaking.

It's still kinda far but I've spent a few years in India(i'm 1/8th Indian), so it's like a second home to me. And quite frankly, I'm not too interested in studying here. So, i'm just gonna leave Timor(possibly forever).

And yeah, it's extremely competitive. And for some streams there's an additional aptitude test(much harder). To make matters worse, there's the caste system. About 52% of the total seats are reserved for the so called 'underprivileged castes/tribes' So, less than half of the seats for the open category. That's FUCKED !

Anyways on the other side are the best colleges of India. And many of them figure in most lists of top engineering institutions of the world.

I've already had quite a few hiccups in the application process and I'm yet to know whether i'll actually be able to appear or not:huh:

If I do, i might have to redraft the NYRs.
It'll be something like

1. Study
2. Study
3. Study
10. Study

The last day of the decade.........

Yeah ! The decade didn't end in 2009. It'll end today. (2001-10). Many do disagree. But I believe that since there's no 0 A.D., this decade (and the new millennium) started in 2001. But who cares ?

Anyways, wish you a happy new year. May this New Year bring prosperity, love, happiness and delight in your life. And may this prosperity, love, happiness and delight last longer than the new year's resolutions.

Your Merry Christmas may depend on what others do for you. But your Happy New Year depends on what you do for others.:wave:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom