Myers Briggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Myers-Briggs Test:
kisa.ca

Understanding the Myers Briggs Type Indicator: The 8 Cognitive Functions

INFP

INFP = Fi > Ne > Si > Te
infp.gif

INFJ. I think I took one of these before and got the same result.

You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)
You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)

One of the careers listed for me is the arts, which is good, because I have an art degree. It also says I could be a librarian, which is something I've thought about doing.

INTJ Introvert(78%) iNtuitive(12%) Thinking(100%) Judging(33%) You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%) You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%) You have strong preference of Thinking over Feeling (100%) You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (33%)

Where is the question for "you always get an eerie sense that someone is trying to trip you up by asking the same question repeatedly in these types of test"? Pretty sure I've taken this exact one before, except that last time it was called the Massachusetts firefighter civil service exam.

INFJ Introvert(78%) iNtuitive(12%) Feeling(88%) Judging(11%) You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%) You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%) You have strong preference of Feeling over Thinking (88%) You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)

I tend to get P as often as J, but the rest is pretty consistent with previous attempts.

INTJ

You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
You have distinctive preference of Thinking over Feeling (62%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (56%)

Some good sites to show how the different functions work whether they are introverted or extroverted. See my above post for the link on what your functions likely are. It's still better to pay the money and do the official test to make sure you get more accurate pointed questions.

Understanding the MBTI Test

Intro to Function Theory + More Detailed Descriptions of Each Function Attitude

Then if you follow Jung's individuation at all you would strengthen your two weaker functions to make the top two more well rounded as you get older.

I don't think it's really necessary to pay money for the official test, spend a little while studying each function and how they correspond to the MBTI type and you'll be all the more knowledgeable for it.

The type I got from the basic test described me perfectly enough so I didn't do too much searching. Nonetheless, really useful stuff to learn (you might get into the habit of typing friends/acquaintances, though).

I don't think it's really necessary to pay money for the official test, spend a little while studying each function and how they correspond to the MBTI type and you'll be all the more knowledgeable for it.

The type I got from the basic test described me perfectly enough so I didn't do too much searching. Nonetheless, really useful stuff to learn (you might get into the habit of typing friends/acquaintances, though).

The real reason to do it is to prevent society from blunting your strengths and it's a job everyone has to do to find a niche for themselves where they can express it. With developing your weaker sides you get more well rounded as you age but it's important to learn the other functions because when you go to work you can see certain personalities and I now know as people drain me I can drain them so I control my temper more and try different approaches.

The typical corporate ones are Blue (Harmony and people centered), Green (analytical/solitary), Orange (competitive), Gold (organized/using lists). The colours system is more general than Myers Briggs to make it easier for people to understand but when I want to ask someone a question and I know they are a high green I can expect they want to be left alone and so I can't drain them with too many questions at once. It's so much better than butting heads which is typical in any organization.

According to this, I should have force lightning. I want my dark side powers, dammit.

I had always seen Luke described as an INFJ, actually. But it suggests I'm Obi Wan nonetheless.

Wow, I did this for my Civics class in high school, I was an INTJ back then.

And my result today is:

INTJ
Introvert(78%) iNtuitive(75%) Thinking(75%) Judging(89%)

You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (75%)
You have distinctive preference of Thinking over Feeling (75%)
You have strong preference of Judging over Perceiving (89%)

Back
Top Bottom