My user name is mistakenly inappropriate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

powerhour24

ONE love, blood, life
OK, so I'm a super-straightedge person, so I wasn't aware until this afternoon that a 'powerhour' was a drinking game, I made the name in reference to the Jack Bauer 'power hour' of 24, not binge-drinking irresponsibility, must make me look stupid. :sad:

I would make a signature to explain myself, l but I'm not a premium member, just thought I'd let you guys know my brilliant revelation. :reject:

If it makes you feel any better, I'm not actually one of the beegees.

So how do you play this "power hour" :hyper:

Power hour is one shot of beer every minute for an hour. But the real way to do it is 100 shots, not 60. Power hour is the loser's version of the Century Club.

Jesus Christ, you could die doing that.

No, you won't, not if you do it properly (with beer). It's the equivalent of about 10-12 beer, depending on how much beer you use for a shot. You'll get really really drunk, but that's about it. I did it St. Patrick's Day, and was no more drunk afterwards than I would have been if I'd gone to a kegger instead.

I once saw a guy try a Century Club with a shot of Jack Daniel's every minute instead of the beer. He made it about 20-25 minutes in and passed out in the bathtub. He somehow got his tongue stuck in the drain and it took two people to get him unstuck :lol:

No, you won't, not if you do it properly (with beer). It's the equivalent of about 10-12 beer, depending on how much beer you use for a shot. You'll get really really drunk, but that's about it. I did it St. Patrick's Day, and was no more drunk afterwards than I would have been if I'd gone to a kegger instead.

I once saw a guy try a Century Club with a shot of Jack Daniel's every minute instead of the beer. He made it about 20-25 minutes in and passed out in the bathtub. He somehow got his tongue stuck in the drain and it took two people to get him unstuck :lol:

I honestly do not advocate this sort of behavior.

Well, except on Fridays.

Despite my avatar I'm not actually a girl...

but I'm pretty sure someone's trying to flirt with me in a certain thread.

I just haven't found a new avatar, I will take suggestions...

I'll go on record. I actually thought BVS was Jenny Lewis. Sorry about all those lurid photos I sent you, man.

Anyway, Power Hour (or Century Club) is terrific mostly for the musical aspect. Making a Power Hour CD is a blast. Figuring out which portions of songs you want to use and all that (1 minute snippets of 60 or 100 songs). And you always have to end with "We Are The Champions."

I am not always joyful, I'm a terrible dancer, and lately I'm kind of embarrassed to be a Tori Amos fan. I have hated my user name since the day I signed up. I was kind of humiliated in a GA line when people were shouting, 'joyfulgirl! joyfulgirl! look, it's joyfulgirl!" in front of my non-Interference friend who will never let me live it down and who regularly yells 'joyfulgirl!' in a high-pitched squealy girl's voice. :angry:

I just haven't found a new avatar, I will take suggestions...

How about

icon24-1.png

:wink:

Anyway, Power Hour (or Century Club) is terrific mostly for the musical aspect. Making a Power Hour CD is a blast. Figuring out which portions of songs you want to use and all that (1 minute snippets of 60 or 100 songs). And you always have to end with "We Are The Champions."

We did a Century Club on St. Patrick's Day in the middle of the afternoon, but couldn't get the music to go properly because we had already been to a lunchtime kegger first. :lmao:

OK, so I'm a super-straightedge person, so I wasn't aware until this afternoon that a 'powerhour' was a drinking game, I made the name in reference to the Jack Bauer 'power hour' of 24, not binge-drinking irresponsibility, must make me look stupid. :sad:

I would make a signature to explain myself, l but I'm not a premium member, just thought I'd let you guys know my brilliant revelation. :reject:

I, not surprisingly, didn't know that either. I wouldn't sweat it too much though, at least your nickname here isn't "scumbo". :|

You can always change it to powerhouse. :wink:

I have hated my user name since the day I signed up. I was kind of humiliated in a GA line when people were shouting, 'joyfulgirl! joyfulgirl! look, it's joyfulgirl!" in front of my non-Interference friend who will never let me live it down and who regularly yells 'joyfulgirl!' in a high-pitched squealy girl's voice. :angry:

That is bruuuutal.

I saw someone from my friends list that I communicate with fairly often on Last FM at a concert, but decided I shouldn't go say hi as they were with some people and there's no way that wouldn't be humiliating to them to say, "Hi kosmosflower, I'm u2popmofo from Last FM!"

That is bruuuutal.

I saw someone from my friends list that I communicate with fairly often on Last FM at a concert, but decided I shouldn't go say hi as they were with some people and there's no way that wouldn't be humiliating to them to say, "Hi kosmosflower, I'm u2popmofo from Last FM!"

Good call! Don't you dare call me: MVD or MissVelvetDress if you see me in Atlanta.

How about

icon24-1.png

:wink:

That's just a silly idea...

I so wish I could change my name as well.

Bonovoxsuperstar was a joke Bono made back in the 90's what he would call his solo album if he ever did one, a play on Jesus Christ Superstar and Bono's messianic persona... Except it was too long so improvised. I never really expected to stay here all these years, and I didn't realize no one else read the same interview I did, so no one really gets it...

I do like BVS though, couldn't we shorten it? Less carbon footprint :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom