Mosquitoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigjohn2441

Refugee
Are You a Mosquito Magnet?

Do these goddamn things serve any other purpose on this planet except to spread disease and annoy the shit out of people? Isnt there some way to make this species of parasite cocksuckers extinct? If there was id say nuke the fuckers.

I've had enough. Seems like im always hiding from these things. Here in the VI they are rampant, which you'd think since it's a relatively small island it would be even easier to eradicate them, but no. I have to keep my window shades closed all the time and even the screens dont stop them, and no, i dont have glass windows. I have to sleep with the heavy covers covering my whole body or else they'll come in an carry me away. Somehow they always seem to get in the building at work, no matter where you are. No matter how much bugspray you use, they always find a spot to bite you. It absolutely makes my day when i get to squash one of these bastards between my hands.

KILL THEM ALL!!!! :rant:

I'm particularly prone to them as well. I feel your pain.
:(

So you don't have aeroguard there? There's tropical strength which works a lot better than the regular.

My friend, who is a mosquito magnet says, "The only bad thing about killing a mosquito is that you can't hear them scream."

Mosquitoes love me. :sad: We get them in the summer, but they're not too bad, and it's only for a few months. I wish there was a way to get rid of them.

:angry: Magnet here. I bloody damn well HATE these bitches. Yes bitches because they're ALWAYS female.

I can finally sleep with my window open due to a window screen that protects me from pollen and bugs. For the rest of the house(They come in through other bedrooms and fly to me anyway!) I use an ultrasound device. It works fairly well and I usually only get bitten when I'm actually outside now!

Those stupid lemon scented creams work shite.

Yeah it's one of those little things you put in a socket at night, about the size as the little lights you have in a small child's bedroom. The tone's way too high for us to hear, and ANY kind of bug HATES it. So it keeps out flies, wasps, mosquitos and all the other buggers!

And my cat doesn't seem to mind it either. So it's a win win. :D

Our yard is a swarm because we have some low-lying areas that are very wet (it hasn't rained here in over a week and our pump in the basement is almost full of water). Also when we are training dogs it is always outdoors in fields which are overrun with bugs and pests.

I use this and prefer the lotion over the spray b/c I often have dry skin and need to use lotion anyway.
repellemoneucalyptus.jpg

It has worked better for me than the high percentage deet products like what hunters use.

i got bitten 46 times once. we went to mildura, country town, opened our cabin, and i reckon about 200 mozzies flew out.

woke up with 46 bites. would have jumped in a pool of hydrochloric acid if i could.

jesus christ i hate these fucking things. no matter what i do, if i'm outside they bite me. this summer i'm trying a combo of bug spray as well as those new clip on repellants. maybe then they'll leave me alone. :grumpy:

We have an extraordinarey mosquito year this year :tongue:

They love me, my blood is like fine wine to them. As a child, I was sucked half dry by mosquitoes on a regular basis. Since I live in the city, it's better, but these beasts even find their way to where I live now. :rant:

Ironically mosquitoes leave me alone for the most part. Poor Mike though got TONS of bites when we were in Delaware. Think he spent the whole week digging himself. I was bitten maybe once the whole time.

Now when it comes to ticks Im a magnet for those damn things! :angry: Take a mosquitoe any day of the week over those little blood suckers

I'm glad to live in the Pacific Northwest. Very few mosquitoes here... and thank goodness because I hate them.

fabric softener sheets drive them away. Fold one up and stick it in the back pocket of your pants. I do it every night during the summer and I rarely get bit.

I'm glad to live in the Pacific Northwest. Very few mosquitoes here... and thank goodness because I hate them.

:up:

As a transplant from Wisconsin who misses many things about the midwest, mosquitoes are most certainly NOT on that list.

Has anyone tried Permethrin-impregnated clothing?
I not wild about the toxicity, but for limited use, I could do it. But if it doesn't work...

Mark

If you know anyone who's an Avon salesperson or know where you can buy Avon products (some malls have kiosks selling it), I recommend Skin So Soft. I don't even remember what its original use was supposed to be, but as word spread that it keeps mosquitoes away, I think they started marketing it that way. My mom was an Avon lady, so we always had a good supply of it.

just killed another one :D

yeah, lots of people used skin so soft in GA while i was in training. the sand gnats there were HORRIBLE. :no:

If you know anyone who's an Avon salesperson or know where you can buy Avon products (some malls have kiosks selling it), I recommend Skin So Soft. I don't even remember what its original use was supposed to be, but as word spread that it keeps mosquitoes away, I think they started marketing it that way. My mom was an Avon lady, so we always had a good supply of it.

SSS was originally marketed/created as a bath oil... a capful or two in the bath water & viola! - your skin was sooooo soft. :D

Don't know how someone decided it worked better as mosquito repellant than skin softener, but they did. And Avon has given up the ghost that SSS is a beauty product - when my mom bought some for our mission trip to Antiqua back in March, it now comes in a little green spray bottle (ala Off! brand spray) & doesn't look a thing like a beauty product. If you can't fight 'em, join 'em, right? :laugh:

I've been looking for one of those new Off clip ons everywhere, they are always sold out. They probably don't even work but the only spray that works for me is Deep Woods Off and it's so gross. Even worse than mosquitoes are horse/deer flies-they're about to start up where I live and whenever I go walking any time after 5 or 6 PM they attack.

Back
Top Bottom