Makeup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LADIES, GOT A QUESTION FOR YA!

What's the best mascara out there?

If you want mascara that stays on (waterproof) and washes off easily I suggest Trish McEvoy. The mascara actually rolls off without that horrible black smudge you usually get. If you want long looking lashes with no clumps I like Lancome High Definition.

The Trish McEvoy products are really nice. I just started using them and I like a very natural subtle look. People at work think I got a new haircut with my makeup change! All I use is an eye base, pencil, very light foundation with SPF and liquid blush.

I tried the hello flawless from benefit today, don't even know why, it was just in front of me so I put it on my face lol.. i think I love it though. It's held up all day. Anyone tried this?

I've got the Hello Flawless. I :heart: it. It's so good at covering blemishes etc but doesn't look at all heavy. It just makes a really nice base and as a bonus it's got an SPF 15 in it. And you can put it on with a brush or a sponge, or with a damp sponge as a concealer. It's fab :up:

I also bought the Coralista powder from benefit, it's a gorgeous blusher with a nice shimmer to it :up:

oh, and I bought that Givenchy pehenomon'eyes mascara :drool:

bought some Bliss moisturizer
P230001_hero.jpg

and a little Nars 'Orgasm' blush :sexywink:

248930_sw.jpg

I've got the Hello Flawless. I :heart: it. It's so good at covering blemishes etc but doesn't look at all heavy. It just makes a really nice base and as a bonus it's got an SPF 15 in it. And you can put it on with a brush or a sponge, or with a damp sponge as a concealer. It's fab :up:

I also bought the Coralista powder from benefit, it's a gorgeous blusher with a nice shimmer to it :up:

oh, and I bought that Givenchy pehenomon'eyes mascara :drool:

I wasn't even looking for a new foundation, I'm going to have to try it again. I've never liked a powder before :hmm:

Hows that mascara?

Lila you're going to love the blush :up:

I got a sample of this with my Sephora Beauty Insider points and I LOVE it! I bought the full size as soon as my sample was done. It takes off every trace of make-up, including mascara and Urban Decay 24 7 eyeliner :ohmy: and it's totally non-irritating, even if it gets in your eyes. It's pricey but so worth it if you have sensitive skin.

fresh-cleanser-de-32127799.jpg

I wasn't even looking for a new foundation, I'm going to have to try it again. I've never liked a powder before :hmm:

Hows that mascara?

Lila you're going to love the blush :up:

How can you not love a blush called Orgasm :sexywink: Will be trying it later in the week. I can be makeup-less around the house...

And I got some OPI for Sephora Nail Polish as well, in Just a Fairy-Tail. :)

Nars is a little pricey.. I made the mistake of getting my daughters hooked on the eye makeup remover. It's $25 for a small bottle. I can stretch it out 2 months but they don't have the same restraint. I've since switched to Bobbi Brown and they've run out. I told them it's only for special occasions now, lol..got my 14 yr. old one for her B-day. It's another form of blue crack!

Orgasm is the best blush.

I just got Sally Hansen Insta-Dri nail color and it rocks. It dries in a minute and goes on really well. I love it!!

I'm too afraid to lay in the sun anymore so let's talk about tanning.

Self-tanners, spray tanning, whatever.

What are some of the better self-tanners out there?

Has anyone gone to a tanning salon?

I think spray tanning is the new thing.

My friend goes once a week, for about $25 and gets her whole body sprayed.

Eventually you look orange though.

I use lots of sunscreen. Black hair, blue eyes, fair skin, just like my Irish and Scottish ancestors. Plus, I have the "Celtic Curse." And no, it is not an STD. It is the former term for Roseca. Feck, I don't know how to spell it. :doh:

I'm too afraid to lay in the sun anymore so let's talk about tanning.

Self-tanners, spray tanning, whatever.

What are some of the better self-tanners out there?

Has anyone gone to a tanning salon?

Clairins' self-tanner is slighty more pricey than the usual drugstore brands, but some of the best stuff out there. It has the most natural look of anything I've ever used, so no orange-y hue. I recommend the cream, as it's very moisturizing. You can also get it in a lotion or a gel.

I go to the tanning salon occasionally, usually right before vacation. Wouldn't want to do it on a regular basis.

I haven't been to a tanning salon since the early 90's but I did get a spray tan in Feb. Was the first time and aside from it being a strange process...strip in front of someone I don't know, get in a shower with a shower cap and booties on, get sprayed with cold green stuff, then let same person blow dry my naked body. :huh: But I looked amazing after! Literally, looked so natural you would have thought I'd just come from a week in St. Tropez. No orange at all! I was going to go to Mystic Tan but was warned. Unfortunately, I don't have a brand name to offer for what I had done.

As for self-tanners..I've discovered Kiehl's and I love it. Very natural, it's a little runny but it smells great going on and doesn't have a strong residual like some. I have also heard Clarins is amazing.

For sunscreen, I used Kiehl's on my body daily and face when I'm swimming, and La Roche Posay on my face under my makeup.

Hi guys :wave:

acne treatments

First off - anyone with acne should really see a dermatologist (or an NP who works in derm :wink: soon) who can determine the type of acne and the best treatment plan. Doing so changed my skin completely.

Beyond that, for home treatment, less is always more. People only exacerbate their acne by using too many products - more importantly too many harsh products.

Use a gentle cleanser like cetaphil’s daily cleanser day and night. Not washing your face at night is not an option. EVER. Even if you are dead tired and sleep in your clothes - wash your face. No sponge which can harbor bacteria - washcloth only. Lukewarm water temperature. Every night.

A salicylic acid gel treatment works wonders. Unless you are wicked dry skip the moisturizer and even then pick one that is oil free. Clean and clear has a few that I use but I swear by Clinique moisture surge

Exfoliate by using above mentioned washcloth or use one with salicylic acid such as clean and clear but only once or twice a week

Wash makeup brushes at least every other week - the MAC counter told me to use baby shampoo and it works well. I love my MAC brushes and treat them well. At Christmas time MAC sells makeup brush kits for around 40 for 5 brushes - this is an amazing deal. Makeup sponges are evil. Throw all of them out as they are germ pods

Sunscreen - tanning makes acne worse. Plus when you are older not only will you still have some acne but you will also have wrinkles. This will suck big time. :crack:

:wave:

girls, ANY suggestions for a good creamy ivory coloured foundation?

I used to get a great one from Barbara Daly make-up at Tescos (Ukers would know perhaps), and now they DONT do her anymore!

or even, any ideas for a balmy type light rose shade blusher I can smudge on?

thanks!

Well I have no clue about "girl" stuff even though I am one, being raised by my Dad and all, I tried teaching myself how to put makeup on, to me it looks fine but to others they are like who the hell teach you to do your make up?:| I usually just use normal colors go with the natural look, a little eyeliner on the top never need for the bottom as I am told my eyes are big enough no need to make them bigger, once in awhile I put foundation on and some blush and sometime I wear mascara even though the kind I have is a pain to get off and kills my eyelashes. And I also trow on some lip gloss. But I feel I'm doing it wrong and can use some tips, I'll like to "makeover" myself a little bit. Got to get out of the tomboy look.

Teaching my self if a pain in the arse, I want to be more girly as people I have dated always complained Im not girly enough, Im starting to go my hair out after always having a bop or a Hallie Berry look all my life, its down to my shoulders I like it but I don't like it, I have to much hair, thick and wavy once it starts growing out a lot, I hate it being in my face, and I look like a nerd with a pony tail, so I'm trying to figure out a way to tane the maine without having to take to much time etc.

Now I also try to not put alot of stuff on my face as I break out pretty bad, got to love hormones, etc. But I have found something after trying many products that my sister's soon to be husband of all people introduced me to when they came to visit, its St. Ives Apricot face wash, has the seeds and all in it and boy does it smooth the skin out well after using this stuff in a month my face is clearing better then it ever have been so I really recommend this to anyone with acne if you're on a low budget like myself, I also use a apricot body wash too and I can tell the difference in my skin.

Now I love using stuff like nair etc for my legs, but everytime I use it I break out in a rash, does any have any recommendations?

and does anyone know any tricks for dark shadows under the eyes?

I was always told concealer for under eyes, but it would have to be a very expensive one Im sure as its usually cakey. dark shadows can be natural.

I want to look more girly too, IM slow at physical maturing and only now is it happening, so having been used to running round at 28 years old looking more 22/24ish, its harder to adapt to a late twenties look Ive gotten. I dont know how to do my make-up!

Well as my Dad likes to call my eyes "raccon eyes" I heard tea bags for that? Im not sure though.

I'm 21 when I was growing up all the girls made fun of me etc cause I didn't have clue then I just ended up going the "boy" look to make things easier but now that Im getting older the girly side is coming out and saying "its time for change"

My only other issue is it's so much money to do so, which I don't have, I want something I do well, easy, look good, and "cheap" if I can help it.

I go to the make up area of the store and just stare cause I dont have a clue and have no clue on where to start. Now my older sis sent me some makeup and what not mainly eye shadows with a note that said " its time to grow up and be women" How lovely I don't mind the gift but if I can't use it and what not whats the point you know?

I also thought about straighting my hair, as I have a straightener that was give to me for Christmas, something that is collect dust cause again I don't have a clue.

I feel all embarrassed to not know this stuff:reject:

I think the smallest steps to look a little more girly are nice pink toned lipsticks, and mascara, and just a hint of eye liner.

I could be wrong.

try cucumber slices over and under your eyes for a wee while flower.

the thing is, all girls in their teens and twenties can totally experiment with eye colours, in our thirties we have to stay milder. hence them using teens as older woman appeal for photos in magazines.

Tanning - the airbrush/spray ones at salons leave you looking REALLY orange and I honestly wouldn't recommend them to anyone, unless they happen to like that sort of look.

I found that Clinique makes a pretty good self-tanner. The smell is still there, but it's milder and it doesn't streak as badly as the others. It's more pricey though. The creams work better than the sprays insofar as streaking goes.

I've tanned indoors before winter vacations since otherwise I'd burn to a crisp even with SPF 50 on.

I think the smallest steps to look a little more girly are nice pink toned lipsticks, and mascara, and just a hint of eye liner.

I could be wrong.

try cucumber slices over and under your eyes for a wee while flower.

the thing is, all girls in their teens and twenties can totally experiment with eye colours, in our thirties we have to stay milder. hence them using teens as older woman appeal for photos in magazines.

Well Im not one to go all out, I prefer the natural toned back look.

For tanning I don't need to but Im very iffy with that tanning spray stuff makes ya orange.

Back
Top Bottom