Makeup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you know I think I may have seen Urban Decay somewhere, cannot swear to it but if you reckon their eyeliner is very good, must try it! must be pricey thou!

as I said before Mac powder does hold well, but I find with my eyeliner, well, see this feckin Bourjois pencil can leave marks on my fingers so I end up with patches on me face! and then, for some reason, if I highlight just under my upper lids, I find darkness around the corners on the lids themselves, where it really should be either light powder or nothing! argh! Im crap with make-up. LOL!

but I appreciate you lettin me know April :kiss:

I've always wanted to try the orgasm blush, but I find the Urban Decay afterglow blush (in Score :flirt:) I use is pretty great, too.

I used that benetint a few times for blush, but I don't like how it makes me look all rosy - I have pink undertones so I think it made me look "too" flushed.

I have the exact same thing, too pink a blush makes me look all well, rosy hehe :D I too have pink undertones. MAC dollymix is a nice pink blush though, really bright but nice :up: I think thats why I like the orgasm blush its the perfect pinky peach with gold in it.:drool:

Ooooh those UD 24/7 pencils are meant to be great. I'm not one for eyeliner, but I keep staring at the browny coloured ones and there's a lovely bronzey coloured one:drool:

I may have bought myself two MAC eyeshadows the other day, Flip and Femme Fi, I've had femme fi before from Neo Sci fi and use it all the time, great brow bone highlighter.......so thats just a back up, thats my excuse hehe!!:D And Flip is lovely, a nice wash of colour, kinda what I wanted goldmne to be, damn I hated that colour far too yellow for my pinky undertones.:down: I'm kinda obssesed with peachy eyeshadows though.......so if anyone knows of any nice ones?

Oooh you guys like makeupalley too?!! :heart:

Goldmine is supposed to be awesome. :drool:

I only have like, three MAC eyeshadows :reject: - I used to think they were ridiculously expensive but I just paid just as much if not more for that UD stuff the other day!

It's more gold than peachy, but Stila's Kitten is my go-to - it's freaking awesome.

I've never done anything on makeup alley, to be honest. I'd be too scared of getting something used. :lol: :reject:

Btw, those UD 24/7 liners LAST so be prepared!!!!!

Goldmine is supposed to be awesome. :drool:

I only have like, three MAC eyeshadows :reject: - I used to think they were ridiculously expensive but I just paid just as much if not more for that UD stuff the other day!

It's more gold than peachy, but Stila's Kitten is my go-to - it's freaking awesome.

I've never done anything on makeup alley, to be honest. I'd be too scared of getting something used. :lol: :reject:

Btw, those UD 24/7 liners LAST so be prepared!!!!!

Goldmine is a very yellow gold, a very true gold.......but I think I'm more into the peachy golds and stuff.:up: I have erm, quite a few MAC eyeshadows....thats it UD is more expensive than MAC these days!!

Oooh yes I love stila kitten as well. :heart:

Nah, I just use makeupalley to check out reviews on things but I'm too scared to swap stuff in case summats used .:lol:

did you girls sort of discover your own colours, etc? or get ideas from a book (tips for eye colour, etc)? or see a professional? :)

Yeah, discovered my own colours really......it all started with me when I went to MAC as I could never find a green eyeshadow I could wear so I asked in there and they said to try Sumptous Olive, which is amazing on......that was it, I now love makeup hehe:D

I find my own colours, you soon find what suits u best:heart:

did you girls sort of discover your own colours, etc? or get ideas from a book (tips for eye colour, etc)? or see a professional? :)

Amazingly enough, growing up with a mom who didn't really wear a lot of makeup I started playing/experiementing when I was 12-13, but didn't really start wearing it until I was a bit older, and I always sort of knew which colors complimented me. Thank god for friends who tell you which ones don't!

I had to give that free caramel lip gloss away - looked horrid on me, but I gave it to a friend who wears a similar color lipstick.

Just had to add my 2c worth here.
I've recently discovered "everyday minerals" makeup and am absolutely hooked - they have SOOOO many shades of foundation it is incredible, there is something for everyone, and even better you can get a free (pay postage) sample pack with 3 foundations, a concealer and blush to try.
I've been ordering it every 6 weeks so i never run out.
They also have the most amazing eyeshadow colours!!!

girls, I dunno about you, but I hate having to try putting on make-up in the morning, esp if you are just up an hour before! all that tired face, ugh! maybe not for you young ones but early morning light feels like hell! LOL!

usually by lunchtime Im more awake for it!

:D

I use black pencil eyeliner and liquid liner on both top and bottom lids to get a proper outline :drool: Have you tried the Stila liner? What's it like? :hyper:

:reject: what is cream eyeliner? Is it still in a pencil form?

Yep - if you go back a page I posted pics of the UD and Stila liners, and they're both creams.

There's also gels - I used to have a Stila smudgepot.

SL041-smudgepot-black.jpg

It was ok, think I really would've benefited from a better liner brush.

Speaking of brushes, I need to know where I can get good, but cheap, ones. No way am I spending $20 and up for a damn makeup brush! I spent $12 for a Sephora all over shadow brush and felt guilty for that.

MAC has really good eyeliner brushes, and Sephora's own brand has good, inexpensive ones too. Liquid liner just takes a lot of practice.... and resting your elbow on a hard surface helps too :D

MAC has really good eyeliner brushes, and Sephora's own brand has good, inexpensive ones too. Liquid liner just takes a lot of practice.... and resting your elbow on a hard surface helps too :D

That's how I got the cream liner down. :lol:

I had to tell my mom and one of my friends how to do it by the resting the elbow on the surface. I never do it anymore but they can benefit.

I'll have to look at the brushes again next time I'm there. Which should be soon, as I'm almost out of my foundation.

How long does everyone else's Bare minerals last them? A big one for me lasts around 6 months.

I have Goldmine and heart it. I love gold eyeshadows. I also highly recommend Ricepaper. (MAC) More neutral gold.

I have 2 Stila talking eye paletts.
Original smokey eye. Love it, love it, love it.
C19540_main1.jpg

Also have a Purrfect Eyes. Kitten is one of the colors.
P223439_hero.jpg

I am not a fan of cream eyeliners. I don't get the precise line I like. I've been using Loreal liquid eyeliner with the little tapered brush for years and still love it. I don't really like the felt tipped liners either. The brush is harder to use but all it takes is practice to get the looks that you want. :up:

1471597.jpg

Okay so I just found this thread with some fav ppl in it
Skincare loves
SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic serum – expensive but totally changed my skin
SkinCeuticals sunscreen 30 or higher
Philosophy hope in a jar and hope in a tube
Clinique Moisture Surge gel (no breaking out with this)
Chanel Teint Innocence liquid foundation– again – no breaking out
Tarte gel blush
Makeup forever mascara
MAC eyeshadow –Carbon(line eyes with this) and shroom (highlighter)
Nars – deep throat blush and orgasm lip gloss

As for the brushes – MAC normally has specials at Christmastime for sets of 5 brushes for fewer than 40 dollars – normally stock up then

Makeup nerd
:reject:

Back
Top Bottom