Makeup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I know where there's an Ulta around us, but I've never been to it. Is it as good as Sephora? As for the caramel lip gloss you mentioned, how dark is it? You could still probably rock the pink eye-shadow with it.

I could've sworn we talked about Ulta before? It's in that shopping center in AP, by the Target. :)

It's not as good as Sephora, but it carries a lot of the high end stuff such as Urban Decay, Stila, Smashbox, etc. It has a lot of the drug store brands, too. It also carries Redken products, which is great for me since that's allI ever use. :drool:

I could've sworn we talked about Ulta before? It's in that shopping center in AP, by the Target. :)

It's not as good as Sephora, but it carries a lot of the high end stuff such as Urban Decay, Stila, Smashbox, etc. It has a lot of the drug store brands, too. It also carries Redken products, which is great for me since that's allI ever use. :drool:

I remembered we talked about one place before, but I wasn't sure if it was the same one. I was over there a few weeks ago at Barnes and Noble, and I saw it across the way. I thought it might have been the same one you mentioned before. Maybe I'll stop in there next time. I looked up the Benefit Erase Paste, and I'm definitely getting it next time, whether I go to Ulta or Sephora.:up:

Ulta doesn't carry Benefit, unfortunately... :sad:

They do have Bare Minerals, though - so it's good because it's nearby (closer than the nearest Sephora relative to us, at least) if you need to stock up on something you use all the time.

Score. I'm almost out of the Bare Vitamins "rev-er upper", that comes in the starter kit, but I just bought the regular sizes of the foundation, warmth, and mineral veil last month. I didn't really want to go all the way out to Sephora just for that. Although, if I do decide to get the Erase Paste, I guess it wouldn't really matter.:hmm: I'd have to go out there, anyway.

I have decided that I need some lessons in applying makeup. I either put too much on and I look like a clown or I wear too little. :der:
Like Britt said, try to play up your best/favorite feature and then go minimal with everything else. I play up my eyes and then go fairly neutral with the rest. My lips are already full, so I either do nothing but lip balm, or try to downplay them with a nude shade. Play around a bit, it's fun :D

Btw, I guess lip balm falls in the makeup category, so I thought I'd share my new little gem :love:

Ballmania Premium Lip Balm SF-20

This stuff is a-ma-zing :drool: I've searched high and low for what works the best and found a few favorites(Blistex DCT, Nude Lips from Nude Skincare UK - if you don't mind paying 10 british pounds for a tiny container of it, etc.) This is the absolute best I've ever used. I put it on for the first time one night and woke up with the most supple lips ever :drool: It's also got SPF 20 and tastes like vanilla.

Win :up:

April, what shade of the Erase Paste do you use? I know you said you have fair skin, and I do too. I remember reading somewhere that you're supposed to use a shade darker for under-eye circles, but I'm not sure.

I have decided that I need some lessons in applying makeup. I either put too much on and I look like a clown or I wear too little. :der:

Get a colour consultation with a professional if you can - if not, find out what skin tone and coloring you have. Then build a palette around it :) The key is to look attractive but not overdone. Pick out your favourite feature, one that gets you the most compliments, and highlight that :D

I do up my eyes pretty heavy each day I have to go out. Eyeliner is a cultural thing for me so I apply that, both liquid and pencil and a few coats of mascara and a lip gloss.

Feel free to ask more questions :D

April, what shade of the Erase Paste do you use? I know you said you have fair skin, and I do too. I remember reading somewhere that you're supposed to use a shade darker for under-eye circles, but I'm not sure.

I use the #1 fair shade. A consultant at Sephora was the one who picked it out so I trust her.

I went to Sephora today to try the Erase Paste after seeing the recommendations here. I always get dark circles too, I stay up too late every night :reject:
Anyway, unfortunately the shades clashed with my skin tone and looked really grey on me. :( However the consultant used the Eye Bright pencil with the Benefit Boing concealer on me and the color was much better. I didn't buy it though because unfortunately the concealer was much too heavy and "makeupy" for me. I don't wear anything except sometimes a little eyeliner and lipstick so I'm looking for something very lightweight if anything. Any other suggestions?

I use YSL Touche Eclat for dark circles, don't know if I've mentioned that before. Pricey, but the one thing I've found that works the best when ya need it :uhoh:

I'm in love with the idea of Stila's Cherry Chrush lip and cheek stain, But to buy it in Australia I'm looking at about $42.00, but is Stila products really worth the money?

I'm in love with the idea of Stila's Cherry Chrush lip and cheek stain, But to buy it in Australia I'm looking at about $42.00, but is Stila products really worth the money?

Tarte and Benefit make similar products, see if those are cheaper? There's always eBay, too (hi sis ;) ).

I've never tried the Stila cherry crush stuff, but all the Stila products I own I love...

Today I decided to whip out the convertible color compact (it's a combo cheek and lip color).

OMG, make up is my favourite thing, I'm obsessed with it. :D This thread is Heaven. :drool:

My fave brands would be MAC, Stila, Smashbox and some dior......but to be honest I just like everythiing LOL:lol:

Have to say I too love YSL touche eclat shade 1.......great stuff:up: also if you can get it, boots no7 instant radiance concealer pen is exactly the same stuff, and half the price, the one in the pinky shade. Am sure I heard they make it in the same factory as YSL touche eclat........:up:

I don't wear makeup much at all, but got this Bobbi Brown book just to learn some of the basics and found it really helpful. She also has a new book that offers makeup tips to everyone from newbies to pros. I like her philosophy, it's much more practical and focused on natural beauty.

I want this but I don't...

mac-hello-kitty.jpg

I already bought some of this

smurfs.jpg

- lord help me if they ever come out with Wonder Woman makeup :tongue:

^^^Oooooh i really want the peachy beauty powder blush from Hello Kitty when it comes out here, I think its called fun n games.........that got my name ALLLLLLLLLL over it hehe :D Wonder if its similar to Fafi hipness blush though?:hmm: God I love Blush:drool::lol:

Also no way is it gonna compare to my beloved NARS orgasm blush hehe :D

PS, that smurf collection looks so cute Awww:heart:

I use YSL Touche Eclat for dark circles, don't know if I've mentioned that before. Pricey, but the one thing I've found that works the best when ya need it :uhoh:

I've been meaning to try this, i have really bad dark circles. Thanks for the recommend. :D

Have to say I too love YSL touche eclat shade 1.......great stuff:up: also if you can get it, boots no7 instant radiance concealer pen is exactly the same stuff, and half the price, the one in the pinky shade. Am sure I heard they make it in the same factory as YSL touche eclat........:up:

:hmm: Since the YSL one is so expensive i might try the Boots one first. Thanks. :up:

I want this but I don't...

mac-hello-kitty.jpg

I already bought some of this

smurfs.jpg

- lord help me if they ever come out with Wonder Woman makeup :tongue:

:lol: Hello Kitty and The Smurfs. :cute:

Back
Top Bottom