Makeup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:drool: pretty

april you have beautiful eyes

sicy a light shimmer all over the lid and then a darker shade in the crease would about do it, it's super fast. you have such cool features to begin with eyeliner mascara and a light lip gloss :sexywink: when are you coming back to so cal?

Thanks for the suggestion. I just read this now, I will try it tomorrow. I did try a lighter silver on the lid today but by now its all worn off. I dont like to overdo my makeup. I dont want to look like a hooker :shifty:

eye2.jpg

looks great sicy :up:

i got the catalog yesterday and fell for the sunkit. the store was out so i ended up ordering online but while i was there I tried

urban decay 24/7 liner in rockstar i love it
the shadows are great too

she did matte grey on my lid, gunmetal loose pigment in the crease rockstar deep purple on the water line
and black liner

here are some promo codes
http://www.couponshack.com/stores/show/897/Sephora

i ended up getting 3 little samples
1 deluxe sample and a bare minerals skin revival sample with my order

i can't wait until it gets here :D
I'm finally getting the shadow potion, i know i'm late to that party

i meant to check out the kat von d but forgot.

Everyone's eyes are so pretty!

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I do mine on the waterline and never get smudges anymore

Being more of an outdoor girl I only wear make-up when I absolutely have to (so forgive me if this is a silly question)

What is the water line? :reject:

The waterline is the inner rim of the eye. I find that eyeliner stays on much better when it's applied this way. :sexywink:

I used Urban Decay 24/7 pencil on Saturday and I have decided I need it in black, too. It looked EXACTLY like it did in the picture (when I had just finished applying my makeup) when I got home last night around 1am. :drool:

It's SO BLACK it looks really good, and precise. We'll see if it lasts all day on my inner lid though... that only lasts like an hour with my regular eyeliner.

Hey Sicy, i wouldn't totally give up on trying shades of purple for eyeshadow. i was a bit skeptical of the idea at first, not to mention i'm super conservative with make-up. allow me to commit "sephora treason" for a moment by perhaps suggesting a brand of eyeshadow i stumbled upon in a neighborhood drugstore (yeah, i'm cheap and lazy in this area as well): Almay's intense i-color (for browns). i personally love it because it doesn't include an in-your-face, brazen shade of purple, but, at the same, time gives my eyes some "pop". it includes three shades--lavender/lilac (i use this for the lid), brown (for the crease) and highlighter (just below the brow). though i'm generally not big on eyeliner, i've even come to like their complimentary "purple" liquid liner for use on my upper lids. i additionally take an eyeshadow brush and apply the lilac shade just below my lower lash line.

so, if you haven't already tried this route, may this serve as a friendly suggestion for ya. :)

...eh, alright, alright, i'll even post a pic (of my eye) with it on (not the greatest lighting):

save.jpg

Love the eyes!! Kat your eyes are sooo blue :drool:

Trip, thanks, I guess it wouldnt hurt to give that a try, I will check it out!

Almays I-intense color is good, they make it for brown, green, blue and hazel eyes. I have 2 different sets for brown eyes, one is more intense, the other is a bit lighter (for a more natural look)....the "purple" shade is more of a light lavendar and a lighter brown than the intense set.
For those of you that don't like the smearing and goopiness of mascara, try a clear mascara, I think Cover Girl makes one.
One of the big tricks for applying eye shadow and bush is to Blend, Blend Blend, get some good quality brushes, it makes a huge difference. Blend your blush with one of those make-up sponges, it totally blends the lines.To make your pencil eyeliner last all day, after applying use the slant tip brush and brush eyeshadow lightly over it.
For allergic people my Allergist used to recommend Almay and Physicians formula.
I used to be a make-up Artist for Macy's worked for Estee Lauder, Monteil Paris and Clarins) and at several salons. If you go to a dept.store to learn make up application, check the sales consultant's own make-up. Look for someone whose makeup you like and keep emphasizing the word "Natural". I've seen too many ordinary women leave those counters looking like Vegas Show Girls.

Can anyone recommend a good cleanser and moisturiser for very sensitive skin?

tenner for one Mac eyeshadow shade, but have to say it does last good few hours.

:up:

:up: Do you go to the Mac counter in Debs? Last time I was there the girl was incredibly rude, I never went back again. Does Vic Sq have any good make-up spots? I'm still not getting the layout of that place. It's really hard to get around that maze. And why they have no doors and let the wind whistle through from four different streets is completely daft. It will be absolutely freezing about, oh I'd say ten months of the year. Plonkers. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom