Makeup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
For the ladies. :wink:

I hate makeup, I only wear it when I go out and I only wear the bare minimals to work and daily duties (a little bottom eyeliner, face powder and lip balm). When I go out :drunk: I wear eyeliner (top and bottom), face powder, blush and lipstick. I hate mascara, its so disgusting and I dont wear eyeshadow because it never looks good on me. Obviously I dont know how to apply it (yeah how old am I?? :lol: )

So who wants to teach me :kiss:

I'm branching out, I want to try eyeshadow but I have no idea how to put it on. Do you put the darker color on the crease? Or right above the eyelashes up to the crease? etc. etc. Pics would help too :drool:

Covergirl or Maybelline makes an eyeshadow with 4 different hues of shades. They are labled, crease, lid, corner and brow. I just changed from wearing a few colors to wearing browns and I didn't know how to do it but this worked really good.

The medium color usually goes in the lid and the darker on the outer corner and lower lid.

I don't wear anything on my eyes either so I haven't a clue how to do it :reject: ... I'll just listen in...

Sephora is a really good brand. What some people always told me (and what I usually do when I wear eyeshadow), is the darkest colour the closest to your eye (so at the bottom of your eyelid), then lighter shades above that, but not too high on your eyelid. In the corner of your eyes (closest to the nose) not too dark either, but a more lighter shade. It does depend on what 'shape' your eyes are though. Below are some images of how to apply eyeshadow for different types of eyes. Hope this makes sense at all :wink:

eyes3.jpg

eyes2.jpg

eyes1.jpg

Last edited:
Bono's American Wife said:
I swear by this eyeshadow kit, you seriously can't mess up. It comes with a diagram and instructions telling you exactly where to use each color and the shades are neutral so they look good on almost everyone.

It's a little expensive but it lasts forever and the concealer alone is worth the price.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P162553&categoryId=B70

I've heard nothing but good things about this kit, but am always too cheap to get it for myself. I always think I mess up my eyeshadow half the time anyway so maybe now is the time to go for it. :hmm: :lol:

Sephora, period :drool:

(Sorry, couldn't let a post about makeup slide without having a mini Sephora droolfest. )

Thanks for the pics! That helps.

Yeah I might bid unless it goes over retail price by the time the auction is ending.

Go to the Bobbi Brown counter at your local department store and they'll give you a free lesson (other companies also do it but I like Bobbi Brown because they go for a more natural look and their stuff isn't super-expensive).

i swear by mac cosmetics. some of their stuff is a bit more colourful, they do actually make more muted tones too :wink:

i have seriously a shitload of their stuff. i've become quite good at being able to do my eyes in various ways with shadows, liners, glitter, pigments, etc.

i love their stuff :drool:

cinnaminson said:

:lmao:

what about eyeshadow for the pale, think whiter than white, with blonde hair. I always think anything slightly dark will look weird:uhoh:

Seriously, the girls at the Bobbi Brown counter are awesome and won't make you look too made up.

And that person I mentioned before showed me how to do eyeliner. Though I'm still hopeless with makeup. :reject:

Eyeliner is so simple though!

I also recently started using Bare Escentuals/ Bare Minerals makeup and it looks pretty damn good :drool:

JCOSTER said:
Covergirl or Maybelline makes an eyeshadow with 4 different hues of shades. They are labled, crease, lid, corner and brow. I just changed from wearing a few colors to wearing browns and I didn't know how to do it but this worked really good.

The medium color usually goes in the lid and the darker on the outer corner and lower lid.

I think I actually ventured into the unknown and bought that 4 pack, in shades of green/beige. It is labeled, and there is a pic on the back of the package as well. I'm too cheap to spend the money to buy Sephora or other brands, since I don't wear it that often, and didn't want to spend a lot to try it out. My problem is with eyeliner, and how it ALWAYS smudges under my eyes. Don't know how to fix that :sad:

Back
Top Bottom