Makeup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have redness and irritation too - just started this past winter. I haven't seen a doctor about it, but a woman at a cosmetics counter said it looks like it could be rosacea, and from what I've read about it online, it sounds like it may be. The cosmetic line I posted about above has been excellent for me - great coverage, non-irritating, and cheaper than many drugstore brands. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Since this problem first started for me, I've been cleansing with Aveeno Calming Cleanser with feverfew. For years before that, all I used on my face was Noxema - I really miss using it, but my skin's too sensitive for that now. :(

While in the worst part of a breakout, I went to a local cosmetics counter looking for something soothing. The lady recommended Avène Rich Cream Skin Recovery Cream Cream for Intolerant Skin�- Av�ne She said it's better than most skincare lines, it's made by a company in France that actually makes a line of pharmaceutical skin care products, and it contains this super special magical healing water from a mineral spring in France. I was skeptical, but I bought it, even though it was way more expensive than I've ever paid for any skincare product, ever - $40-something dollars for a small tube. But wow, it actually worked. Within a few hours, it had calmed things down considerably. Before this cream, the irritation was so bad for a few days that anything I put on my face just made it worse. I don't use it every day, only when I feel irritation coming on, and you only use a small amount, so it lasts a long time.

Thank you Vintage Punk. The same has been for me. Spending lots of money and trying different products that just irritate my skin even more.

I really appreciate the advise that you and Sicy have given me. :hug:

My mother was going to get me a Clarisonic last Christmas because I had been talking about it. The more research I did about it online, the more I didn't want one. Some people said it caused milia and other types of breakouts. Everyone's skin is different but I would never take a chance on that-especially for something that's so expensive.

My favorite makeup product I've tried lately is Revlon Photo Ready liquid foundation. I didn't think it was anything special until the first time I saw myself in a movie theater ladies room mirror, which has the worst possible/harshest light. I couldn't believe how my skin looked. You have to use a good moisturizer under it because it's pretty thick-but even if you apply it lightly it gives good coverage.

I just bought face mineral powder by American Beauty. It is sold at Khols. department store. $25.00. I felt like. I didn't even have makeup on. Outside, you couldn't tell. I was wearing it. I just use a little concealer under it. To hide some of my Roscea breakout. Perfectly natural. I am hooked. I had never used mineral cosmetics before. But, they are so gentle and great for sensitive skin. I'm not going to use anything else.

Has anyone tried any line of tinted moisturizers? I've been using Almay for a few months now. I also swore by Bare Ecsentuals, but was short on $ when I ran out, so I went for something cheap and tried this. I was pleasantly surprised. It feels like I'm not wearing anything, but definitely smoothes out my face.

This line of makeup is amazing. Aromaleigh Pure Mineral Makeup | Natural Mineral Cosmetics Most of it's mineral makeup, but they do have a small section of non-mineral products.

We've tried a lot of their products and they go on really well, feel great, and stay in place (no smudging or creasing - I even slept in it one night :drunk: and was amazed at how good it still looked in the morning, lol). My face has become really sensitive the past few years, and even sleeping in it didn't irritate it at all.

One of the coolest things is, you can order samples of just about everything for a dollar each - we've done this and have tried dozens of eyeshadow and foundation colours. Great way to see if a colour actually looks good on you without spending a ton of money. Each sample has enough for several applications.

The prices are excellent, and they have regular sales. My daughter and I went in on an order tonight, and we got 6 makeup brushes (really good quality ones), a full size foundation, and 8 eyeshadow samples for $40. The last time, we got a full sized eye and lip primer, a full sized foundation, and 9 eyeshadow samples for $30.

Damn. The cosmetics line I just posted about it going out of business after 12 years. :( aromaleigh news I'm incredibly bummed about this. We only discovered it a year ago.

All their stock is 35% off now. We're putting in a big order this evening, to stock up.

eta - we're getting one of each of these: foundation, eyeliner, concealer, blush; plus 10 full size eyeshadows and 13 eyeshadow samples, all for $99, including shipping to Canada. :up:

Has anyone tried any line of tinted moisturizers? I've been using Almay for a few months now. I also swore by Bare Ecsentuals, but was short on $ when I ran out, so I went for something cheap and tried this. I was pleasantly surprised. It feels like I'm not wearing anything, but definitely smoothes out my face.

I haven't, but thanks for the advice. A gentle, tinted moisturizer may be just what I need in those winter months. My skin tends to break out more in the summer. because of the heat and humidity.

I guess Im gonna have to stick to Bare Minerals over Barbara Daly foundation.

ugh, my skin is pretty shit at moment, I would have to say its been recent worry, bad diet and two weeks ago I was swollen in gum from having tooth pulled, plus other things as well no doubt, and usually once a month it goes funny.........:D

fuking not fair! LOL!

I think some moisturisers I have reacted too, I just seem to be unevenly part olive/part reddish..........and breaking out in an area or two.

and I dont like wearing foundation when its like this, my very fine lines show up more :wink:

geeesus.........

:doh:

wish I could get that glow look many have, its like sheer make up that doesnt look greasy!

I really need to make moisturizers and age-defying creams part of my daily routine. Maybe its me, but even though I am 28, I swear I am getting creases on my forehead. That's what I get for frowning too much in my early 20s!

As for make-up, all I ever wear is eyeliner or eyeshadow, mascara and sometimes lipstick. I don't bother with foundation or blush because I like to show off my freckles.

I've heard a lot of good things about Bare Minerals. I am going to treat myself to a kit in the fall. Probably, when my other mineral powder will run out. I like that you get brushes and several colors that can be blended.

Has anyone with sensitive skin tried Purity face cleanser. It is suppose to be as gentle as water. I noticed at a supermarket. I shop it. They sell it.

I still love the Pure And Natural soap and it isn't expensive. I haven't had any additional breakouts. It even helps with the redness.

Back
Top Bottom