Makeup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KhanadaRhodes said:

what are you talking about! you look lovely :)

I know what she's talking about because the same thing happens to me. Apparently when I have no makeup on I look like I'm on my deathbead :sad:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Shit, I may be shopping on eBay tonight instead of Sephora. :hmm:

I can't even remember my eBay password.

Telling you. I buy EVERYTHING on ebay. Whatever I want to buy, I check ebay first to see if its cheaper, and usually it is!

Sicy said:
I know what she's talking about because the same thing happens to me. Apparently when I have no makeup on I look like I'm on my deathbead :sad:
oh no i understand about that part (i've got a friend who has that problem too), but i meant the wearing more make up than a clown. i don't think she looks like she wears a ton, nor do you. :D

I can't wear eye makeup because I'm not smart enough to keep from rubbing my eyes and smearing it :(. I can't figure out eyeshadow anyhow. I'm pale and the skin around my eyes is dark so I put foundation under my eyes and all over my eyelid to lighten things up otherwise I look like i'm dying. I have a lot of eyelid skin so the whole putting the darker color in the crease thing doesn't work for me because it gets hidden in a fold of skin, not that i would know what color to pick anyway :angry:.

Last edited:
Eyeshadow was the best thing ever invented...

Mascara and eyeliner come pretty close as well

Neploean Perdis make up is the only brand i use

It is the best thing ever, great for all skin types and great colours
And its so easy to use, their eyeshadow can be used both lightly and heavyly it depends on how you apply it.

Although it is a little bit costly, there make up last forever

I have a pot of eyeshadow for two years and it hasnt gone stale, and i still have plenty left

Liesje said:
I also have a cheap CoverGirl palette with a shimmery light brown and I wear that the most.

I think I know which one you mean and it's the one I use almost on a daily basis . I'm not very good with the eyeshadow application but just putting the shimmery brown on my eyelid seems to do the trick.

I might just invest in Sephora though as everyone seems to be raving about it! :hmm:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

The starter kit is like $60 and you get three brushes, two foundations, a bronzer and the mineral veil in it. I'd suggest starting off with that. :yes:

That's a great deal! I spend $65 on foundation alone! :reject:
(it's my only big makeup splurge - it's Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and it's :drool: but I'd love to try something less costly )

Last edited:
You can't go wrong with a Lancome Juicy Tube for lipgloss. It's like £13 but soooo worth it :drool:

I used to wear loads more make up than I do now, cos I was a bit of a goth, but I still wear foundation, powder and concealer, eyeshadow, then dark eyeshadow applied with a smalldamp applicator instead of liner (lasts much longer and gives a smokier look), loads of mascara and some lipgloss to finish it all off.

I swear by No.7 stuff, but I doubt you can get it in the states, cos it's a Boots brand. Also, Agnes B make up is pretty good. And if I've got a bit of cash spare (not often) I get Chanel stuff, cos it's just really really really good stuff and it feels nice to own something Chanel :D

lipgloss is my best friend. i have several. maybe 20 or more bottles of lipgloss. different brands even.

i know nothing of eyeshadow. my sis gave me a box of makeup from sephora that includes eyeshadow but im intimidated. and then i think i have black eyeshadow in a small case but thats it. i will be taking notes on the application of eyeshadow for the near future in case i should become brave...

I cant wear most lipgloss because I hate the sticky gluey feeling on my lips.
I wear revlon colorstay lipstick (that is soft and matte after applied) and it doesnt come off. Or I can handle chapstick type lip balms but that's about it.

icelle said:
lipgloss is my best friend. i have several. maybe 20 or more bottles of lipgloss. different brands even.

i know nothing of eyeshadow. my sis gave me a box of makeup from sephora that includes eyeshadow but im intimidated. and then i think i have black eyeshadow in a small case but thats it. i will be taking notes on the application of eyeshadow for the near future in case i should become brave...

I tend to put a nude/pale beige colour over my whole eyelid, up to near my eyebrow, then a slightly darker brown over the actual lid, and then I put a dark brown in the outer corners of my eye, up to the crease, and sweeping out slightly towards my temple (widens and defines the eyes). I then blend the edges of the darker shadow with a clean brush. If it's an evening look I'm going for, I'll put some sparkly stuff over the dark stuff and into the corners of my eyes near my nose (you can buy loose eyeshadow sparkly dust stuff). Then I get a damp pointed sponge applicator and add dark shadow as liner. Then curl my lashes, and add a couple of layers of lash lengthening mascara. Sounds like it takes ages, but it only takes a couple of minutes, cos I've got it down to a fine art!

Liesje said:
Then I use this powder all over:
afe0_2.JPG

How do you like that type of powder? I've never tried the kind that has the multiple shades in it like that. Does it work well? :hmm:

ILuvLarryMullen said:
I can't wear eye makeup because I'm not smart enough to keep from rubbing my eyes and smearing it :(.

I'm the same way :lol:. Anytime I've ever tried putting something on like eyeshadow, I can't wait to take it off because I hate the feeling of something near my eyes. Same for foundation. I hate the feeling of it on my skin, even if it's very light.

My idea of makeup is lipstick :reject:. I usually wind up chosing the wrong color though.

I like the philosophy flavored lip shines.

bammo2 said:

I swear by No.7 stuff, but I doubt you can get it in the states, cos it's a Boots brand.

No.7 is sold at Target now in the US. :)

I love it too, especially when they do the £5 off vouchers and then have a 3-for-2 offer and I have a double points voucher. :drool:

I'm a make-up junkie. :drool:
My advice is to buy some make-up brushes for eye shadow and ditch the sponge/wand thingy. The wand is no good.

Oh, and if you want your eyeshadow to last all day I'd buy
205.jpg

Urban Decay Potion.

This is the only stuff that has ever worked for me. (and I've tried a ton.)

bammo2 said:

I swear by No.7 stuff, but I doubt you can get it in the states, cos it's a Boots brand. Also, Agnes B make up is pretty good.

I have No 7 foundation. :drool:

I went into Sephora in Boston when where i was there for the U2 gigs in 2005. OMG!! :drool:

I'm a bit useless with eyeshadow though, i even have that Benefit eyeshadow set that BAW mentioned, but i can't get it right. :reject::lmao:

Also i wish i could get liquid eyleliner to look good. :reject::lol:

WildHoneyAlways said:
I'm a make-up junkie. :drool:
My advice is to buy some make-up brushes for eye shadow and ditch the sponge/wand thingy. The wand is no good.

Oh, and if you want your eyeshadow to last all day I'd buy
205.jpg

Urban Decay Potion.

This is the only stuff that has ever worked for me. (and I've tried a ton.)

And so, what do you recommend for eyeliner and mascara? :flirt:

WTG April :up: :)

Back
Top Bottom