Makeup - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2007, 09:37 PM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:04 AM
I very rarely wear makeup but I want to start experimenting more with it. Will be one of those that comes in for tips from "experts"

Old 12-11-2007, 09:40 PM   #32
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 04:04 AM
OMG I sooooooo missed this thread earlier today!

I miss you Ricky!!!!

I have tried over the years to experiment with makeup & just cannot get into it. Only on occasion do I wear it & when I do it's usually mascara, blusher & lipgloss and even THAT I can't wait to wash off. I cannot do eyeliner to save my life (I CAN, however, do a ponytail--I am pretty good with the TopsyTail!!)

I've had my makeup done before & think that is really the way to go--to have someone professional show you how, what, where, etc. My big problem is having sensitive eyes. No matter what product or brand I use, my eyes water like mad & everything smears & I look like a druggie or like I'm very drunk! I don't wanna spend lot$a money on makeup only to find out I'm allergic to it! Any suggestions?

Old 12-11-2007, 10:14 PM   #33
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:04 AM
I think I may be allergic to mascara but it doesnt matter because since my eyelashes are so light i have to dye them, it may sound weird but its easier doing that then applying mascara every morning.

I have the same question about eyeshadow too, no color seems to look good on me.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:17 PM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

I don't spend much on make-up, but I do wear quite a bit. It's pretty natural looking though, and none if it is really thick/heavy.

First I use this (I have a summer color and a rest-of-the-year color):

I like it b/c it's liquid, but not greasy at all. In the winter my face is dry, so it moisturizes too.

Then I use this powder all over:

If I want bronzer, I use this one, not usually in the winter though:

For blush, I actually have these sample palettes I got years ago. Each palette has a dozen or so colors on it, so I mix and match depending on what color I want. The palettes are from a local company called Alticor and their makeup line Artistry. I don't know if that even exists anymore, I've had these palettes since 7th grade and still have plenty.

On my eyes, first I use a fat stick eyeshadow and I use a shimmery skin color. It basically makes it a little sticky so my powder eyeshadow sticks and lasts all day long. I don't remember what brand, something cheap.

My eyeshadows are also on the Artistry palettes. I have probably 30 different colors and duplicates of each palette if I run out. I also have a cheap CoverGirl palette with a shimmery light brown and I wear that the most. My favorite color though is this really shimmery bright green, like lime green. It sounds nasty, but when I'm really tan it makes my eyes pop (I have dark brown eyes).

My eyeliner is almost always brown. I don't like black at all. Sometimes I play around with colors like turquois, light pink, charcoal.... but not for work! I've used a lot of brands and don't really see a difference. Right now I use Rimmel.

My mascara is black, not waterproof. Again, I don't really care what brand. In my experience, it's how you put it on that really matters. If I think it's too gloppy, I put more water in it. I'll just keep applying it until my lashes are as thick and long as I want.

So that's my routine! Start to finish, maybe 5-7 minutes. I spend probably less than $20 a year on make-up. I don't see the point in spending more when the stuff I have works fine. I'll probably never run out of blush or eyeshadow. Oh and if I want lip color, I use Carmex and then mix blush from the palette rather than buying a colored lip stick I might only want to wear once. For work I have to be pretty conservative so I don't need tons of random colors.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:46 PM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to makeup. I have a bunch of eyeshadow from Origins and also eyeliner, and their liquid lip color. haven't worn any eyeshadow in months though because for whatever reason, my skin is oily on my lids, even after using eyeshadow primer on my eyelids. a friend suggested I use foundation or powder on my eyelids to help eyeshadow stay on. I like mascara sometimes but stopped buying waterproof because it was a pain in the ass to get off even WITH makeup remover. anyway, I could use all the help anyone wants to offer because I know zero about foundation, powder, bronzer...etc. I wear a moisturizer with SPF 15 everyday but that's about it. sometimes the eyeliner, sometimes not. usually a gloss or some kind of color on my mouth though.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:14 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:04 AM
For someone who doesn't wear much makeup (mostly just foundation and blush), I have a lot of foundation and lipstick in my medicine cabinet.

Gotta love those Clinique free gifts with purchase.

And I can't wear eyeshadow to save my life, either. I have really weird eyelids.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:47 PM   #37
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:04 PM
I wear more makeup than a clown. I have to wear loads or I look ill (if I skip one bit, I have to spend all day hearing "Are you okay? You look awful!!" ).

I think going to a makeup counter is probably the best idea since they can work out which colours would look best on you and which application methods would suit your eye shape.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:56 PM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
^ I'm hesitant sometimes about going to a makeup counter because some of my knowledge is limited and I can't always tell if they're trying to just sell me, or being honest and telling me what truly looks nice. anyone wanna volunteer to do my wedding makeup?
Old 12-12-2007, 03:02 PM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Girl416
^ I'm hesitant sometimes about going to a makeup counter because some of my knowledge is limited and I can't always tell if they're trying to just sell me, or being honest and telling me what truly looks nice. anyone wanna volunteer to do my wedding makeup?
I'll help you
Old 12-12-2007, 03:15 PM   #40
Blue Crack Distributor

This thread has me craving a trip to Sephora.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:16 PM   #41
BAW
The Flower

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel
This thread has me craving a trip to Sephora.

I think I might do some on-line shopping there this evening
Old 12-12-2007, 03:19 PM   #42
Blue Crack Distributor

my nearest sephora = 45 minutes away :mad:

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife

I think I might do some on-line shopping there this evening

Sounds good to me!
Old 12-12-2007, 03:19 PM   #43
New Yorker

Girls if you like Bare Minerals you will love Everyday Minerals (www.everydayminerals.com) & at a fraction of the cost. They have great colors.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:22 PM   #44
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's Doll
Girls if you like Bare Minerals you will love Everyday Minerals (www.everydayminerals.com) & at a fraction of the cost. They have great colors.
I love Bare Minerals, but after running out and getting the Loreal version I have to say I'll never buy another "off" brand again.

Thing is, if you buy a large of the color it lasts a really long time. I was given the starter set as a gift last fall and had to buy the Loreal stuff (color only, I still have a ton of the warmth and mineral veil) over the summer.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:45 PM   #45
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

I know I'm scared to try another brand after the Bare Minerals.

Tags
beauty, cosmetics, makeup