Makeup - Page 26 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2009, 05:00 PM   #376
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 07:04 AM
I have decided that I need some lessons in applying makeup. I either put too much on and I look like a clown or I wear too little.

Old 02-06-2009, 12:04 PM   #377
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:04 AM
^What areas do you need help in the most? What features do you want to bring out, and which ones do you want make less prominent, etc?

Old 02-06-2009, 01:20 PM   #378
Blue Crack Distributor

A few pages back some of us posted pictures of eye makeup and how to apply.

Ok and for the record, I don't need lip plumper, but today when I was at Ulta decided to try some out - my lips looked like clown lips for about 20 minutes. I don't know why anyone would want that shit on their mouth...

Anyway, buy 1, get one free - new caramel colored lip gloss for free
Old 02-06-2009, 01:55 PM   #379
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
I mainly need help with matching colors with my skin tone and covering up problem areas.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:03 PM   #380
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissVelvetDress_75 View Post
I mainly need help with matching colors with my skin tone and covering up problem areas.
Have you ever ried Bare Minerals? They're really good - I think you'd probably use their medium toned makeup. The starter kit is expensive but go to any nearest Sephora and they'll let you try it. Between the foundation, concealers and mineral veil you'll fall in love with it.

I have a friend who has pretty severe acne on her cheeks and chin, we went shopping over Christmas and when she mentioned she was looking for a new foundation and concealer to help I immediately suggested Bare Minerals, we went to Sephora she got the makeover and she looked awesome.

/endcommercial

Benefit's erase paste and Eye Bright stick is excellent also if you need help with dark under eye circles (I have awful ones thanks to my fair skin and I love the stuff).
Old 02-06-2009, 02:07 PM   #381
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryMullen's POPAngel View Post
Have you ever ried Bare Minerals? They're really good - I think you'd probably use their medium toned makeup. The starter kit is expensive but go to any nearest Sephora and they'll let you try it. Between the foundation, concealers and mineral veil you'll fall in love with it.

I have a friend who has pretty severe acne on her cheeks and chin, we went shopping over Christmas and when she mentioned she was looking for a new foundation and concealer to help I immediately suggested Bare Minerals, we went to Sephora she got the makeover and she looked awesome.

/endcommercial

Benefit's erase paste and Eye Bright stick is excellent also if you need help with dark under eye circles (I have awful ones thanks to my fair skin and I love the stuff).
I echo everything April says. Bare Escentuals from Sephora is the best foundation I've ever used. It makes your skin look smooth and glowing. It's also mainly organic, so there's no harsh chemicals. Also, April, where can you find the under-eye concealer you mentioned? I have horrible ones too.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:09 PM   #382
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
A few pages back some of us posted pictures of eye makeup and how to apply.

Ok and for the record, I don't need lip plumper, but today when I was at Ulta decided to try some out - my lips looked like clown lips for about 20 minutes. I don't know why anyone would want that shit on their mouth...

Anyway, buy 1, get one free - new caramel colored lip gloss for free
Yeah, I don't need it either, but I was at Sephora with one of my girlfriends a few weeks ago, and she uses their Buxom Big&Healthy lip gloss, and she made me try it. Worst. Shit. Ever. My mouth looked like Lisa Rinna's, and my lips tingled and went numb. I couldn't even taste my Sbarro's pizza, so I was pretty pissed.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:19 PM   #383
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

/endcommercial

Not yet, but I have wanted to try it. I should go up to Sephora and have them match me.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:30 PM   #384
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:04 PM
Yep, a consultation to find out which shades would be perfect for you would be a good start
Old 02-06-2009, 02:30 PM   #385
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2isthebest View Post
I echo everything April says. Bare Escentuals from Sephora is the best foundation I've ever used. It makes your skin look smooth and glowing. It's also mainly organic, so there's no harsh chemicals. Also, April, where can you find the under-eye concealer you mentioned? I have horrible ones too.
Sephora - it's by Benefit and it comes in a small pink container. It's ridiculously expensive but I bought mine last April and still have a ton - just a teensy dab'll do ya.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:31 PM   #386
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissVelvetDress_75 View Post
Not yet, but I have wanted to try it. I should go up to Sephora and have them match me.
If I recall, they have a few shades for each skin tone - fair, medium and dark.

I have the lightest of the light, haha.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:32 PM   #387
Blue Crack Distributor

Oh, and I'm now wondering what kind of eye would look better with caramel lip gloss - usually I do a brown or purple eye with pink shimmery gloss, but I've never done the caramel lip. Suggestions?
Old 02-06-2009, 02:48 PM   #388
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Sephora - it's by Benefit and it comes in a small pink container. It's ridiculously expensive but I bought mine last April and still have a ton - just a teensy dab'll do ya.
Thanks! I'll check it out next time I'm there. I'm trying to avoid their website. I know I'd get in trouble.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:50 PM   #389
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2isthebest View Post
Thanks! I'll check it out next time I'm there. I'm trying to avoid their website. I know I'd get in trouble.
I think my cart was up to $57 when I decided I could go to Ulta instead - it's right by where I work, it's a bit cheaper, and I don't have to wait for it.

I spent $27 today and got the free lip gloss so I think I made the right choice.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:52 PM   #390
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I think my cart was up to $57 when I decided I could go to Ulta instead - it's right by where I work, it's a bit cheaper, and I don't have to wait for it.

I spent $27 today and got the free lip gloss so I think I made the right choice.
I think I know where there's an Ulta around us, but I've never been to it. Is it as good as Sephora? As for the caramel lip gloss you mentioned, how dark is it? You could still probably rock the pink eye-shadow with it.

Tags
beauty, cosmetics, makeup