Makeup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OMG I sooooooo missed this thread earlier today!

I miss you Ricky!!!! :hug:

I have tried over the years to experiment with makeup & just cannot get into it. Only on occasion do I wear it & when I do it's usually mascara, blusher & lipgloss and even THAT I can't wait to wash off. I cannot do eyeliner to save my life (I CAN, however, do a ponytail--I am pretty good with the TopsyTail!!) :wink:

I've had my makeup done before & think that is really the way to go--to have someone professional show you how, what, where, etc. My big problem is having sensitive eyes. No matter what product or brand I use, my eyes water like mad & everything smears & I look like a druggie or like I'm very drunk! I don't wanna spend lot$a money on makeup only to find out I'm allergic to it! Any suggestions?

:eyebrow:

I think I may be allergic to mascara but it doesnt matter because since my eyelashes are so light i have to dye them, it may sound weird but its easier doing that then applying mascara every morning.

I have the same question about eyeshadow too, no color seems to look good on me. :shrug:

I don't spend much on make-up, but I do wear quite a bit. It's pretty natural looking though, and none if it is really thick/heavy.

First I use this (I have a summer color and a rest-of-the-year color):
Neutrogena-skin-enhancer--de.jpg

I like it b/c it's liquid, but not greasy at all. In the winter my face is dry, so it moisturizes too.

Then I use this powder all over:
afe0_2.JPG

If I want bronzer, I use this one, not usually in the winter though:
581f_2.JPG

For blush, I actually have these sample palettes I got years ago. Each palette has a dozen or so colors on it, so I mix and match depending on what color I want. The palettes are from a local company called Alticor and their makeup line Artistry. I don't know if that even exists anymore, I've had these palettes since 7th grade and still have plenty.

On my eyes, first I use a fat stick eyeshadow and I use a shimmery skin color. It basically makes it a little sticky so my powder eyeshadow sticks and lasts all day long. I don't remember what brand, something cheap.

My eyeshadows are also on the Artistry palettes. I have probably 30 different colors and duplicates of each palette if I run out. I also have a cheap CoverGirl palette with a shimmery light brown and I wear that the most. My favorite color though is this really shimmery bright green, like lime green. It sounds nasty, but when I'm really tan it makes my eyes pop (I have dark brown eyes).

My eyeliner is almost always brown. I don't like black at all. Sometimes I play around with colors like turquois, light pink, charcoal.... but not for work! I've used a lot of brands and don't really see a difference. Right now I use Rimmel.

My mascara is black, not waterproof. Again, I don't really care what brand. In my experience, it's how you put it on that really matters. If I think it's too gloppy, I put more water in it. I'll just keep applying it until my lashes are as thick and long as I want.

So that's my routine! Start to finish, maybe 5-7 minutes. I spend probably less than $20 a year on make-up. I don't see the point in spending more when the stuff I have works fine. I'll probably never run out of blush or eyeshadow. Oh and if I want lip color, I use Carmex and then mix blush from the palette rather than buying a colored lip stick I might only want to wear once. For work I have to be pretty conservative so I don't need tons of random colors.

I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to makeup. I have a bunch of eyeshadow from Origins and also eyeliner, and their liquid lip color. haven't worn any eyeshadow in months though because for whatever reason, my skin is oily on my lids, even after using eyeshadow primer on my eyelids. a friend suggested I use foundation or powder on my eyelids to help eyeshadow stay on. I like mascara sometimes but stopped buying waterproof because it was a pain in the ass to get off even WITH makeup remover. anyway, I could use all the help anyone wants to offer because I know zero about foundation, powder, bronzer...etc. I wear a moisturizer with SPF 15 everyday but that's about it. sometimes the eyeliner, sometimes not. usually a gloss or some kind of color on my mouth though. :help:

For someone who doesn't wear much makeup (mostly just foundation and blush), I have a lot of foundation and lipstick in my medicine cabinet.

Gotta love those Clinique free gifts with purchase. :wink:

And I can't wear eyeshadow to save my life, either. I have really weird eyelids. :reject:

I wear more makeup than a clown. :( I have to wear loads or I look ill (if I skip one bit, I have to spend all day hearing "Are you okay? You look awful!!" :angry: ).

I think going to a makeup counter is probably the best idea since they can work out which colours would look best on you and which application methods would suit your eye shape.

^ I'm hesitant sometimes about going to a makeup counter because some of my knowledge is limited and I can't always tell if they're trying to just sell me, or being honest and telling me what truly looks nice. anyone wanna volunteer to do my wedding makeup? :lol:

U2Girl416 said:
^ I'm hesitant sometimes about going to a makeup counter because some of my knowledge is limited and I can't always tell if they're trying to just sell me, or being honest and telling me what truly looks nice. anyone wanna volunteer to do my wedding makeup? :lol:

I'll help you :sexywink:

Bono's Doll said:
Girls if you like Bare Minerals you will love Everyday Minerals (www.everydayminerals.com) & at a fraction of the cost. They have great colors. :wink:

I love Bare Minerals, but after running out and getting the Loreal version I have to say I'll never buy another "off" brand again.

Thing is, if you buy a large of the color it lasts a really long time. I was given the starter set as a gift last fall and had to buy the Loreal stuff (color only, I still have a ton of the warmth and mineral veil) over the summer.

Im a Makeup whore:drool: ...
I learned how to do makeup by looking at fashion magazines, and I practiced a lot on my self my mom and friends, until a few years ago I was a freelance makeup artist, I mostly did it for weddings, and I kept getting recomended, and not to brag much but the brides and maids looked FAB in the wedding pics.

I always based my own makup tips influenced mostly by brunette models esp. Cindy Crawford, I copied her make up from the fashion mags and I would always get compliments.
I have olive skin so a lot of colors looks good on me. My wish is to get a part time job at the makeup counter at Macys :D

*I agree with those who mentioned going to the professional makeup counters for a lesson. just be strong and dont get sucked into spending lots of $$

Sephora is an AWESOME place to play with make up:drool:

BonoFox1 said:
Im a Makeup whore:drool: ...
I learned how to do makeup by looking at fashion magazines,

:yes: I do the same...GLAMOUR is my bible :wink:
What I use every day is eyeliner in black. I'm not doing it to dark, just a little bit so that it looks like you didn't put on any make-up, just enough to not feel like : :crazy: *Ijustgotoutofbed*

;)

I just bought a replacement Bare Escentuals foundation on ebay for $7.00 :drool: That stuffs gotta be like $20 in the store.

some people just dont look good in makeup though right im not the only one out there lol

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

The starter kit is like $60 and you get three brushes, two foundations, a bronzer and the mineral veil in it. I'd suggest starting off with that. :yes:

Yep that's what I got first!

Back
Top Bottom