Makeup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The only problem with online tutorials is I won't have the EXACT shade that the woman on MakeupGeek does...so guess who just HAS to go to MAC or Sephora all of a sudden?! ;)

I've been cheap so far, I'll dig out whatever shade is closest, but I've accumulated quite a collection in the past year.

I never was one for big time makeup, but over the last year or two, um yeah...

I actually have people compliment me on my makeup now, as opposed to before when I would do the minimum and think it looked ok. I do recall getting the "you look like you don't have too much/any on, but that means you put it on right" :lol:

I use Nars Turkish Delight too :ohmy: It's the perfect shade of baby pink!
:ohmy: You like pink?

:wink:

I love wearing this on top of MAC's Angel. Makes it more of a nude. :heart:
I should try this. I love the original colour, but I love a good nude shade :hmm:

I've learned quite a bit more by some online tutorials. I was always decent at makeup application but some of them have pretty good tips. :up:
I need to check those out. I always seem to end up just doing the basics - eyeliner, mascara, blush - so I need to learn how to play..

I need to check those out. I always seem to end up just doing the basics - eyeliner, mascara, blush - so I need to learn how to play..

That's what I always used to do, too - basic shadow, liner, mascara, blush, but now I have an entire arsenal. And it's really helped in my shadow application.

And o ya - Bronzer is my friend again :heart: - I haven't used it in quite some time, or this entire winter, but just started using it again and wow, I look alive. I look ok naturally pale with some pops of color thanks to my blush and powder, but the bronzer REALLY makes a difference.

I'm still pissed I threw out my UD bronzer. That shit was expensive!!!! :mad:

Oh man, so I work at Kohls and I never realized what a great make-up counter we have until last night. I have to go make a credit card payment in a little while, and then I'm heading over there to pick some organic face cleanser and toner, and also this really gorgeous new lip gloss called "She-devil":lol:

How about brushes?

Tips on buying those?

My annoyance when I apply eye shadow is that I always seem to have dust from the eye shadow fall outside of my eye which makes it look as if I have a black eye. How do I avoid this? I tap the brush to get the excess shadow off but it never seems to be enough.

Ladies, I think one of you or several of you, should try the makeup challenge:

Makeup Geek � Look of the Week � Bright Blue and Yellow

:up:

Fuck no! :lol:

Oh man, so I work at Kohls and I never realized what a great make-up counter we have until last night. I have to go make a credit card payment in a little while, and then I'm heading over there to pick some organic face cleanser and toner, and also this really gorgeous new lip gloss called "She-devil":lol:

I never knew Kohl's had makeup. :lol: :reject:

How about brushes?

Tips on buying those?

My annoyance when I apply eye shadow is that I always seem to have dust from the eye shadow fall outside of my eye which makes it look as if I have a black eye. How do I avoid this? I tap the brush to get the excess shadow off but it never seems to be enough.

Tap the brush, put your foundation on last so that once you clean up the excess it won't mess up the rest of your look.

How about brushes?

Tips on buying those?

Haha! I know some of those tutorials are funny---I'd be sure to look for the Makeup 101 video she posts....much more "everyday" :wink:

Do you put on an eyelid primer of any kind before put on shadow? That helps a lot to catch the shadow on the lid where you want it. Urban Decay Primer Potion is popular and MAC also has alot of different shades of Paint Pots, some are flesh colored and some are not. I have about six of them. For example, I have a rustish colored one called Constructivist that I use underneath my brown shadows, makes the color pop and show much more and keeps my shadow from creasing and ending up on my cheeks.

How about brushes?

Tips on buying those?

I have brushes from everywhere, a couple from smashbox seem to be my favorite but that's probably the type more than the brand. I have a fairly cheap set from sephora that's been good. I've heard really good things (I think at Makeupalley) about the set at costco. It's a big set and the price is incredible.

If you dust powder underneath your eye it's supposed to catch eyeshadow then you just brush it all off once you're done.

victorias secret has great lip glosses too :kiss:

I have a hair quesiton I thought Id ask in here, since I cant be bothered making a thread for it.

My hair is layered at the moment, but it needs a trim, if I want it shortened (an inch or so), do I ask for a re-layer or just a trim? Im worried if it gets trimmed they'll litereally cut the ends off, so the layers will go weird. :huh:

Advice?

victorias secret has great lip glosses too :kiss:

I think I have almost every color :reject: but I seem to use cherry bomb the most

Another thing I just found is this eye enhancer by paula dorf called baby eyes that is use to line the inner rim of the lower eyes - makes your eyes wider and less tired (something I'm now constantly serching for)

so I just got back from Sephora - hit NARS and got the Turkish Delight lip gloss (very pretty) and the Dolce Vita lip gloss.

and a pretty shadow called baby girl

:reject:

Now I've got to get my case studies done and hope that I don't kill anyone (fake patients) by writing the wrong scripts

Back
Top Bottom