Makeup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chrissi? :ohmy:

I covet those Stila palettes - I think out of shadows I like theirs the best. :drool:

I did the liquid liner today, no problem. :nerd:

I'm buying them one at a time, one a month. :drool: I want this one next. :drool:

P173010_hero.jpg

One of my other Stila favorites is the Cherry Crush lip stain. :heart: It's neck and neck with my smashbox O-gloss.

OOooh! Tell me about this one. I'm always looking for something to help my skin. what did it do for you?

I finally found a cosmetic dermatologist that understood that I was sick to death of my skin - she (this is the only subspecialty of medicine where I think having a female MD is better) put me on Yaz BC and BenzaClin gel and then the skinceuticals serum Phloretin CF ( I just switched to this new one)

(I'm truthfully thinking strongly about dermatology as a NP once I graduate:reject:)

http://www.skinceuticals.com/_us/_en/catalog/prevent/Phloretin-CF.htm

As for the o-gloss – meh – you can get the same results with any drugstore lip gloss that is a sheer berry color. Not nearly as good as the o-glow

2 more years :nerd:
Advanced Pharmacology right now :banghead:

which has already started to freak me out that I'll be writing scripts for people soon

I have Goldmine and heart it. I love gold eyeshadows. I also highly recommend Ricepaper. (MAC) More neutral gold.

I have 2 Stila talking eye paletts.
Original smokey eye. Love it, love it, love it.
C19540_main1.jpg

Also have a Purrfect Eyes. Kitten is one of the colors.
P223439_hero.jpg

I am not a fan of cream eyeliners. I don't get the precise line I like. I've been using Loreal liquid eyeliner with the little tapered brush for years and still love it. I don't really like the felt tipped liners either. The brush is harder to use but all it takes is practice to get the looks that you want. :up:

1471597.jpg

Ooooh wowowowoweeeeee!! :drool: i love those stila shadows.:D Thanks for the tip about MAC ricepaper, I shall check that out.:up: Not that I need any excuses for checking out makeup heh :applaud:

Am still debating whether to get myself that NARS deep throat blush? :ohmy:

narsturkishdelightjn7.jpg

It's a bit peachier. I love this colour. It was sold out all across Canada when I was looking for it, so I had to go to the US to find it.

Yes that NARS gloss looks amazing!! :drool: Apparently there's a MAC dupe for it though.......might be MAC underage gloss or something I think, don't quote me on that though, I'll find out for deffo.:up:

Also that bourjois do a nice nude pink gloss........3d gloss mystic rose I think it is shade no 34 :up:

I love nude lips but haven't found my perfect nude lip yet, MAC angel and viva glam v are my faves so far though

If it's cheaper and has a better consistency (I think the nars, unless applied over lip balm, is a bit tacky) please let us know! :)

Payday is tomorrow... St Pat's is coming up and I do need a good green. :shifty:

Oooh I've found a list of possible NARS turkish delight dupes on another forum I go on.:D Obviously MAC is cheaper so hopefully these should help someone out :up:

Possible Dupes:
MAC underage gloss
MAC ample pink plushglass
Benefit life on the A list gloss
Smashbox gloss in pout
Neutrogena gloss in 'groove' - we cannot get these in the UK though.

Hope that helps :D :up:

I've found that if you wet your brush just a little bit Stila shadows look awesome. They also don't crease.

I only have one NARS duo. Islode. :heart: NARS colors are so vibrant! I should invest in more. . .

Last year I bought one of Pop's eye cakes.
1196932374-Popbeauty_Dev_bright-green.jpg

Lots of greens! very fun. :up:

Oooh, I have a Pop eye cake, for brown eyes. I haven't used it much, though, but that's one to get. :up:

Stila tends to clump with the glitter

I also like NARS Dolce Vita lipstick/gloss for night

I have two of the Stila duos, one is a frosty glittery pink and purple, the other is a greenish blueish color. The frost is like pulling teeth to get a lot of color on, the other is so heavy. I looked like some emo kid the first time I played with it; needless to say I had to work with it some.

The H&M's here aren't even crowded anymore, that's probably not a good sign. :(

I used to love the stila smudgepots but they do dry out pretty quick. Urban Decay 24/7 has to be the best eyeliner I've tried. I have a lot of the colors and even the outrageous seeming ones are actually really flattering. I'm not sure how they do that.

speaking of golds, I have honey. I ended up buying the whole set. It's a really pigmented gold and it looks like it would be crazy (wet it probably would be) but it just brings out the eye color so much. This set is so fun to play with :love:

urbandecaydeluxe.jpg

I can't read through all of these pages but in case it hasn't been mentioned, there is a website called Makeup Geek and this woman posts a ton of video tutorials and basically kicks ass. She is responsible for my MAC and Sephora addiction however so be forewarned.

Back
Top Bottom